To everyone out there that claims that they're 'true Muse fans', but yet are criticizing the show because you didn't get the setlist that you wanted and therefore are deeming it a boring, dull and bad performance then how can you possibly believe you are a true Muse fan?

Obviously, they'd have a similiar setlist with most of their shows. So why, if you knew what was to be expected, were you expecting more?

Can't you just appreciate and understand what took place here in Perth last night? Muse didn't have to come to Perth, but they did because apparently there were actually 'true Muse fans' in Perth who actually enjoyed their music. All of their music.

Who's there to deem rarities as rarities? Aren't all Muse songs rarities? Because technically, what you saw last night, was rare in itself because they didn't have to come to Perth and play, but they did.

Matthew even smashed his Glitterati. Isn't that the biggest rarity of them all?

And really, what's with all the hating on Guiding Light? True Muse fans appreciate every Muse song for what it is. Perfection. And to just hear a handful of them live from what's considered to be the world's best live band should be a honour. You should feel privileged.

Seriously, Chris just had his fifth kid. He could've gone home and cancelled the whole thing but no, he didn't. For you. For everyone. You should be grateful.

So shush up, go sit in the naughty corner and have a think about what you're accusing them of doing. They're not criminals. They haven't done anything wrong. But in your oppinion, they haven't done anything right. They're people. Just like you and me. No more important, no less important. But I know for goddamn sure that they have the best musical talent in the history of the universe and if you dare to argue with that, how can you possibly call yourself a true Muse fan?

I, for one, thought that was most probably the best night of my life, past and future. I've only ever dreamed of seeing them live, performing what they did last night. And to return to see all of this criticism makes me want to get up, walk to your house and brand 'Twilight Lover' onto your arse.

Sit the fuck down.

Cheers.

Your rant is admirable and I'm glad you had a great night. I had a good night but it wasn't close to be being my best Muse experience as they have performed much, much better. People have as much right to point that out as you do with your opinion.

As for every song being perfection, that's not true. Every band has some shockers and GL happens to be one of Muse's so it sucks when it gets played live instead of something better. It's perfectly fine to point that out.

Muse coming to Perth isn't a rarity either. I've lived here less than four years and seen them four times!

Again, really glad you enjoyed it but there will always be critics so just accept it. For first timers it was an awesome gig but for seasoned Muse go-ers it was average :)

To everyone out there that claims that they're 'true Muse fans', but yet are criticizing the show because you didn't get the setlist that you wanted and therefore are deeming it a boring, dull and bad performance then how can you possibly believe you are a true Muse fan?

Obviously, they'd have a similiar setlist with most of their shows. So why, if you knew what was to be expected, were you expecting more?

Can't you just appreciate and understand what took place here in Perth last night? Muse didn't have to come to Perth, but they did because apparently there were actually 'true Muse fans' in Perth who actually enjoyed their music. All of their music.

Who's there to deem rarities as rarities? Aren't all Muse songs rarities? Because technically, what you saw last night, was rare in itself because they didn't have to come to Perth and play, but they did.

And really, what's with all the hating on Guiding Light? True Muse fans appreciate every Muse song for what it is. Perfection. And to just hear a handful of them live from what's considered to be the world's best live band should be a honour. You should feel privileged.

Seriously, Chris just had his fifth kid. He could've gone home and cancelled the whole thing but no, he didn't. For you. For everyone. You should be grateful.

So shush up, go sit in the naughty corner and have a think about what you're accusing them of doing. They're not criminals. They haven't done anything wrong. But in your oppinion, they haven't done anything right. They're people. Just like you and me. No more important, no less important. But I know for goddamn sure that they have the best musical talent in the history of the universe and if you dare to argue with that, how can you possibly call yourself a true Muse fan?

I, for one, thought that was most probably the best night of my life, past and future. I've only ever dreamed of seeing them live, performing what they did last night. And to return to see all of this criticism makes me want to get up, walk to your house and brand 'Twilight Lover' onto your arse.

Sit the fuck down.

Cheers.

though i do agree with most things in your lovely speech, the fact that we got to see them should be amazing in itself, and that we should appreciate what we saw etc

but being a true muse fan doesnt neccesarily mean you have to love everything they make, i mean the fact that your argument says we need to see everything as perfection (which is essentially just putting them up on a pedestal) as well as realise that they are normal human beings (with imperfections as humans do have) is a bit of an oxymoron.

I can't be asked to read the rest of the rant because it's probably the usual tosh but to this:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That guitar has probably taken more hits than Dom's drum-kit.

Sit the fuck down.

Cheers.

Hear fucking hear!!!

Nothing but whinging on here, esp from people sitting at their computers moaning cause we weren't tweeting every fucking song:mad:....most of us were too busy having a fucking ball to care about keeping them amused....:eek::eek:

I've seen Muse plenty of times all around the world since way back when some of yous were still in nappys, and yeah, I'd have loved to have seen them play some more "rarities", but fuck, it was Muse, in my now hometown, and there was no way I wasn't going to appreciate every single fucking moment of it, it might be another 3 years before they come back, so you might as well get into it all, or go fucking home!!:p

I had a great night!!!!! :D:D:D

Sit the fuck down.

Cheers.

Having seen this quoted a few times, I do notice the term 'true Muse fan' is used quite a lot.

Quite frankly I think that definition is foggy to say the least so I'd like to ask what YOU see a true Muse fan as because a TRUE fan would be able to tell the good from the bad and should be more than willing to call the band out on some of the shit they pull. It seems like you don't agree.

Sit the fuck down.

Cheers.

100% with you. Iv loved muse for a long time (Origin of symmetry is their best album IMO) and i would rate last nights show as one of the best iv ever seen.

just be thankful they didn't play this piece of crap

100% with you. Iv loved muse for a long time (Origin of symmetry is their best album IMO) and i would rate last nights show as one of the best iv ever seen.

just be thankful they didn't play this piece of crap

Guess you missed that part. :LOL:

No I didn't, I dont consider that a muse song.

Then you're wrong :LOL:

:LOL:

Oh and personally, I really like NSC, I know its cheesy, but its not crap cheesy like Guiding Light, I would actually love to hear it live for a laugh.

Got it at Wembley, the crowd were better for Guiding Light to be honest. There was practically NO reaction to NSC. I was the only one on my part of the barrier singing. :LOL:

I, personally, like both. I dunno, there's just something about Guiding Light....

Got it at Wembley, the crowd were better for Guiding Light to be honest. There was practically NO reaction to NSC. I was the only one on my part of the barrier singing. :LOL:

I, personally, like both. I dunno, there's just something about Guiding Light....

I actually really wanted to hear it the second night, but got stuck with Bliss, Citized Erased and RBS instead, what a joke :D

The only time I liked Guiding Light was at Wembley and only because the rest of the gig was brilliant. How they managed to go from Hysteria to GL and then to Bliss last night is beyond me.

I actually really wanted to hear it the second night, but got stuck with Bliss, Citized Erased and RBS instead, what a joke :D

The only time I liked Guiding Light was at Wembley and only because the rest of the gig was brilliant. How they managed to go from Hysteria to GL and then to Bliss last night is beyond me.

Wasn't it THE OTHER WAY at Wembley (Bliss->GL->Hysteria and seeing as how I was there I should really remember but I'm not 100% >.<)

Then you're wrong :LOL:

It's the drumbeat :D

Having seen this quoted a few times, I do notice the term 'true Muse fan' is used quite a lot.

Quite frankly I think that definition is foggy to say the least so I'd like to ask what YOU see a true Muse fan as because a TRUE fan would be able to tell the good from the bad and should be more than willing to call the band out on some of the shit they pull. It seems like you don't agree.

It's a logical fallacy is what it is.

I think Bliss->GL->Hysteria works better than Hysteria->GL->Bliss. Neither are exactly BRILLIANT though. GL->Bliss->Hysteria would probably work best.

It probably would have worked the original way last night if the crowd response where I was standing wasn't so pathetic. I said before that it was the best live version of Hysteria I've ever seen, but people asking if bliss was a new song and then a fight breaking out in between really ruined it.

It probably would have worked the original way last night if the crowd response where I was standing wasn't so pathetic. I said before that it was the best live version of Hysteria I've ever seen, but people asking if bliss was a new song and then a fight breaking out in between really ruined it.

I :LOL:'d

BLISS! BLISS! BLISS!

:awesome:

I was not expecting it at all... When it started I just about died with utter excitment and pleasure! :LOL:

The show was just mindblowingly awesome!

agitated, HOTRS riff, rage riffs, light up drums for UD, guitar smashing, Bliss Balloons!! *hyperventilates*

Everything I thought a Muse concert should be ... I am very besotted at the moment :happy:

Why? I watch almost every gig on Youtube, I read the setlists right after the gig, look at the photos, read the reviews. Is that wrong? Does that make me a bad person? Sorry but I just love Muse.

All the true fans will appreciate how tame, lame, and dull this whole tour has been. First Muse tour where they have been complacent and settled for mediocrity. Don't get me wrong, Muse is absolutely fantastic and my favourite live act by far, but they can be so much better. And I don't believe you should settle for 2nd best, especially when their best is so much better than the level they are playing at, at the moment.

I mean if you've read these forums for the last few months, you'd get an idea of the rage regarding the same 15-17 songs played every night.

I don't think people should just accept that because there's a few who moan all the time, it means that Muse are doing something wrong or that it was a bad tour. Some of the moaners can be a bit intimidating at times so it's no surprise there aren't that many posts that contradict them.

Also you only have to look at the reaction from tweeters after the gigs to know that Muse are blowing people away.

I also watched Youtube videos and followed setlists before attending gigs, and for that reason I have to accept that it won't be quite as novel and exciting as it would have been if I hadn't done that, (Chris has even said that it's not their fault people have already watched shows on Youtube) but I still appreciate the songs, their musicianship, the quality of their live performances, the visual appeal of the show, and their energy on stage. I think they are an outstanding band who create great music and perform it to perfection.

As for this gig, they could have put in an extra "rarity" (I'm not sure why they didn't on the last gig) but considering the reaction to Bliss (people not knowing it) it sounds like they made the right call and therefore I doubt a different setlist would have made any difference.

I also think that Muse feed off the audience so if the audience are quiet, Muse are less in to it and they can't choose their audience, it's pot luck. Perhaps the audience would have been more energetic if they hadn't been kept waiting (I think that happened on November 4th, I think the audience were bewildered by the time Muse started, but this time it was apparently due to technical difficulties at the sound desk - shit happens, that's life).

Maybe it would be considered better for some if Muse were good at feigning enjoyment. Personally I'd rather it be real. I want them to really enjoy it as much as the audience, I want their reactions to be spontaneous and real, not fake, and actually that's very much down to perception anyway.

One thing I noticed is they didn't tweet afterwards. Maybe they were too busy, but I think that if they had had a blast they would have tweeted since it was the last show, maybe today.

Just checking in after last night. First Muse gig, and so worth it; absolutely amazing. Bliss and Hullaballoons, and my first live play of Stockholm Syndrome... just awesome. I laughed when Guiding Light was played, but all's well that ends well (with a guitar smashing!) And thank you to the four lovely Musers who looked after me and instructed me on the ways of the moshpit (especially Louise for moshing with me the whole time, and Chantelle for the gorgeous necklace :p ), I had a fantastic night.

In total, I'm completely disregarding the setlist everyone seems to think was average, because I think I had the best time ever.

For what its worth I thought they looked really happy as they left :happy:

And I suppose the concert is targeted to the live audience, not the fans following youtube and reviews on the interwebz. So of course its the show is better suited to and recieved by the target audience.

Archived