Go to hell unhappy people, stop ruining everybody else's night!

I spent 3 days travelling to Perth to see them play some of these "safe" songs you talk about, if you don't like them, that's just your too bad.

And the crowd was amazing around me. And I'm glad some of those cameras were disallowed, so that others could see the stage.

I spent 3 days travelling to Perth to see them play some of these "safe" songs you talk about, if you don't like them, that's just your too bad.

And the crowd was amazing around me. And I'm glad some of those cameras were disallowed, so that others could see the stage.

yer "safe" as in ,the same song crowd pleasing songs a majority like to hear. But true muse fans dont.

If you had such a good night, why would you give a shit about what anyone else thought?

And yes I don't like the songs, so what? It's boring, predictable, lame and Muse are better than that, and they can do so much better. Why settle for mediocrity?

People are allowed to be unhappy with setlists, though I do think they could be a little more constructive with their criticisms other than just "Muse sucks now". I prefer to hope they will get the hint from a large portion of their fans and actually mix up the songs a bit, rather than sticking to the "safe" ones.

I don't believe that there's anything wrong with their performance necessarily, but those of us that do travel interstate (or from overseas) and pay over $100 for a ticket are allowed to expect something more than just the singles. Especially if people go to multiple shows and get the same setlist. I still did have fun (and probably always will) at the Muse gig(s) but compared to previous shows of theirs I've seen, it wasn't quite at the peak I'd hoped for.

Still, I'm not giving up on them just yet :)

Oh, hey you! :D

Yeah, it's weird - some cities and gigs in Oz, people are great; other ones, they're miserable bastards. I think I'm used to my small Aussie bands where the crowds are hardcore and just go beserk all the time ;) I did have a good time this time though. I still think the setlist and whole spontaneity thing could do with some more improving, but it was a shedload better than what I experienced in Brisbane. I also did end up next to some really awesome people in the crowd in Perth, so that helped a lot :)

The guitar destruction was pretty fantastic. I think mostly because I wasn't expecting it. I can't remember the last time I saw him really give it a good trashing. I squealed like a schoolgirl XD

LMAO! :LOL: i know what you mean about the guitar trashing, i remember the last time i witnessed a kickass guitar smashing, after SS, i thought i was going to black out lol

good to know you had a good time and that you were lucky to have cool people next to you, definitely makes the gigs better! i read your brisbane review and felt a bit sorry for you as it seemed like you'd been stuck with a somewhat average performance (it was the first gig of the tour) so good to see this was a different experience! :)

what did you think of biffy? arent they amazing? :happy:

massively depressed that this was the last gig for the next zillion years :( they dont exactly take very long breaks between albums, but knowing that there wont be any gigs or news for awhile is depressing lol! oh well, i guess we have errr other ways to feed our muse addiction ;)

Whoever said you can't film and enjoy a concert at the same time, I think you are wrong. I film concerts all the time and have a blast whilst doing so :D

Biffy were FANTASTIC! I had so much fun, shame no one else around me knew who they were... their loss :LOL: Had so much fun when Chop Suey was played before Muse, so many people around me were getting into it, in fact they were more into that song than they were when Muse were on! :stunned: The dead crowd around me (I was at the back, near the sound tent) didn't stop me from having a good night :LOL:

Edit: I also prefer smaller gigs. Crowd is much more fun. Mainstream gigs people just gawk at the stage and get annoyed when you accidently knock into them. Its a mosh! What do you expect!?

I think he does it on purpose now. It started off as a bit of a joke with his pipe at Glastonbury' date=' but not it's just non stop :chuckle:[/quote']

Smoking on stage started well before Glastonbury though. Srsly that smoking is much ado about nothing...

People are allowed to be unhappy with setlists, though I do think they could be a little more constructive with their criticisms other than just "Muse sucks now". I prefer to hope they will get the hint from a large portion of their fans and actually mix up the songs a bit, rather than sticking to the "safe" ones.

I don't believe that there's anything wrong with their performance necessarily, but those of us that do travel interstate (or from overseas) and pay over $100 for a ticket are allowed to expect something more than just the singles. Especially if people go to multiple shows and get the same setlist. I still did have fun (and probably always will) at the Muse gig(s) but compared to previous shows of theirs I've seen, it wasn't quite at the peak I'd hoped for.

Still, I'm not giving up on them just yet :)

Well said.

But when one goes to 3 Muse gigs in a year, and listens to 49 songs total with only 4 different songs, there's a bit of a problem there. As I said before, Muse are and could be so much better. Their staging/gear/equipment is amazing. Just don't see why they are content play such dull, mediocre sets. Let's face it, they probably are the best/most exciting live band in the world at the moment. But what they are doing now is just lame. Why can't Brisbane night 2 occur more often...

Tonight there was barely any crowd interaction, even Dom didn't say much. No spinning during PiB, no slide during NB, just seems like they CBFed...

LMAO! :LOL: i know what you mean about the guitar trashing, i remember the last time i witnessed a kickass guitar smashing, after SS, i thought i was going to black out lol

good to know you had a good time and that you were lucky to have cool people next to you, definitely makes the gigs better! i read your brisbane review and felt a bit sorry for you as it seemed like you'd been stuck with a somewhat average performance (it was the first gig of the tour) so good to see this was a different experience! :)

what did you think of biffy? arent they amazing? :happy:

massively depressed that this was the last gig for the next zillion years :( they dont exactly take very long breaks between albums, but knowing that there wont be any gigs or news for awhile is depressing lol! oh well, i guess we have errr other ways to feed our muse addiction ;)

Yeah, I did forgive Muse a little for the average performance in Brisbane due to it being the first gig of the Oz tour. But I still think with them being a veteran live band now, that shouldn't really be an excuse. But, yes, this was one so much better. At least where I was standing.

Biffy were great! As you probably read above, the crowd was pretty average when they were on, so I felt a bit sorry for them. I hadn't seen them before and don't really know that much of their stuff but they still did a corker of a show. I had an awesome time, might look into getting some of their stuff :)

Yes, long break now :/ Though with twitter and such now, I imagine they'll keep us entertained doing whatever it is they do in their time off. Dom buying more leopard print. Matt running away from the paparazzi with K-Hud. Chris impregnating his wife. Oh wait, I don't think they'd tweet about that last one XD

And yes, I think we can feed our addiction quite easily in the mean time. When the silly season is over, I'll definitely be back into it ;)

Well said.

But when one goes to 3 Muse gigs in a year, and listens to 49 songs total with only 4 different songs, there's a bit of a problem there. As I said before, Muse are and could be so much better. Their staging/gear/equipment is amazing. Just don't see why they are content play such dull, mediocre sets. Let's face it, they probably are the best/most exciting live band in the world at the moment. But what they are doing now is just lame. Why can't Brisbane night 2 occur more often...

Tonight there was barely any crowd interaction, even Dom didn't say much. No spinning during PiB, no slide during NB, just seems like they CBFed...

Yes, I agree, with pretty much everything there. They do need to put some other songs in. It continually puzzles me as to why they do seem content with dull, mediocre sets. I have a few theories, but I'm not sure which one it would be - maybe a combination of several.

Maybe they're afraid they'll scare away new fans if they don't play what people know. Which is kind of ridiculous, since they've never really been bothered about that before. But perhaps the whole uber-success is getting to them now. Who knows. Or maybe they're just concentrating so hard on the staging/gear/equipment they're forgetting about the important thing - the music. That's what the fans are there for, not the flashy light show (well, they fuckin should be!). As much as Bellamy likes to say how they're really close with their fans, I think they've lost touch a bit. They seem to have forgotten what it's all about.

Not sure, to be honest. I've noticed it coming on for a while though, so wasn't entirely surprised when the sets have been mediocre. I just hope it gets better next time (I always seem to be saying that...)

I also prefer smaller gigs. Crowd is much more fun. Mainstream gigs people just gawk at the stage and get annoyed when you accidently knock into them. Its a mosh! What do you expect!?

This.

Exactly, it's a rock concert; what are they expecting...? Some people are just miserable and don't like others having a good time.

Speaking of not playing old songs; I almost died when they played the Agitated riff, and then realised it was JUST a riff and not the song :'(

Um, am I just being forgetful or did Matt not play the solo to Hysteria? Or changed it or something?

Amen, first 5-6 songs were so good.

GL killed the whole thing, and Bliss was suprisingly average.

Good gig, disappointing setlist.

Shame considering the effort that's gone into the towers, their equipment, and most of all talent.

To Muse's defence, 80% of the crowd were teen boopers/twilight bitches/'OMG IT'S MATT' girls, and they wouldn't have even known what OoS, Absolution or Showbiz are. Hence the lack of CE, B & H, TaB, Sunburn/Cave and even MK Ultra....

I wish I was that lucky to have CE, Sunburn and Bliss rotating at every gig so then I could call them "average songs"

Seriously.. you have no idea what average is...

Just look every setlist before the Australian tour and you'll see...

Archived