It's not directly muse, it's either the label, the promoters or it's venue policy.

I can't see muse giving a crap about their performances being filmed so... :D

EDIT: is the guitar smash vid up yet?

Yeah that's what I meant by in relation to Muse, didn't word it right. I'm thinking it'll be the label, something to do with the DVD release maybe? Who knows, either way it was annoying :indiff:

Hey all, I'm shocked at how many pages we have now on this thread.

So Muse was good but not the best on Sunday. I sorta felt as though I enjoyed this years BDO more and the Supreme Court Gardens back in 2007 was def the best.

Highlights of the night -

* Video killed the radio Star singalong, that was so fun.

* Guitar smashing

* Balloon wrestling, my boyfriend got me a chunk :)

* Biffy Clyro were awesome.

* Finally seeing the towers

* Chris enjoying a fag or two on stage.

Lowlights -

* Shit setlist

* General atmosphere was wierd

* My guitar pick set box containing no picks!

* Missing out on signing the flag :(

* And having to drive home 3 hours away there fore getting home at 3 in the morning.

EDIT: is the guitar smash vid up yet?

Still in the process of uploading :stunned:

HD videos take roughly an hour each to upload and over the past two days I've had over 30 videos to upload. Just a few more hours now :D

I'll post the video here when it's done, but if you want to watch some other Muse videos to keep you occupied in the meantime, head here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuzikChik06?feature=mhum

* Video killed the radio Star singalong, that was so fun.

Lowlights -

* My guitar pick set box containing no picks!

* Missing out on signing the flag :(

1. And also singing along to Chop Suey :D

People lost it during that song! Mainly guys though... felt like I was the only female screaming along :LOL: I think I scared the lady in front of me when I yelled 'Die' and did that screamy bit afterwards :LOL:

And singing along to Foo fighters. Whoever was in charge of the pre show music was on fire! I've never heard so many good songs in a row before a gig :)

2. RIP OFF! Did you take it back?

3. Me too :( I didn't even see it.... :stunned:

Just checking in after last night. First Muse gig, and so worth it; absolutely amazing. Bliss and Hullaballoons, and my first live play of Stockholm Syndrome... just awesome. I laughed when Guiding Light was played, but all's well that ends well (with a guitar smashing!) And thank you to the four lovely Musers who looked after me and instructed me on the ways of the moshpit (especially Louise for moshing with me the whole time, and Chantelle for the gorgeous necklace :p ), I had a fantastic night.

In total, I'm completely disregarding the setlist everyone seems to think was average, because I think I had the best time ever.

HI! IT'S LOUISE! :D I was hoping I'd find you on here somewhere, as I knew you were a mad Muse fan too, so surely had to be on the board. I had a really good time hanging out with you - made my night all the more special because you were so much fun. I raved about you to my friends when I got back home to Canberra, saying you're what a young Muse fan should be - not afraid to go mental and utterly stoked about being there ;)

I have to say though, I am one of the people who thought the setlist wasn't the best, but it doesn't mean I didn't have a good time - you know I did! And the Perth gig was a lot better than the one I went to in Brisbane, so I was happy, regardless. And yes, Guiding Light was hilarious - it's just a good song to make fun of! :LOL:

I'm so glad you had a good time at your first Muse gig. Maybe I'll see you again at another one :)

HI! IT'S LOUISE! :D I was hoping I'd find you on here somewhere, as I knew you were a mad Muse fan too, so surely had to be on the board. I had a really good time hanging out with you - made my night all the more special because you were so much fun. I raved about you to my friends when I got back home to Canberra, saying you're what a young Muse fan should be - not afraid to go mental and utterly stoked about being there ;)

I have to say though, I am one of the people who thought the setlist wasn't the best, but it doesn't mean I didn't have a good time - you know I did! And the Perth gig was a lot better than the one I went to in Brisbane, so I was happy, regardless. And yes, Guiding Light was hilarious - it's just a good song to make fun of! :LOL:

I'm so glad you had a good time at your first Muse gig. Maybe I'll see you again at another one :)

:eek: :eek: :awesome: I'm just in a bit of shock upon realising I moshed with one of my favourite fanfic writers. :eek::D

Anyway, HELLO! That's awesome to hear I was raved about in such far reaches as Canberra! :happy: As for the setlist, I agree it wasn't fantastic but it was good enough for my first!

Thanks, I had the best night of my life. Hopefully we shall meet again! :D

My video of SS and Matt smashing the Manson Santa 2.0.

Am standing a metre or two in front of you :) Thanks for the vid, that was my favourite song of the gig.

EDIT, also I'm the retard who was clapping and jumping like a moron after the negative crepe riff and the start of ashamed(i think it was?)

i have a theory , all this touring with U2 is making muse turn into soft nickleback commercial rock poofters.

If they made more music like helsinki jam , more off beat crazier timing , hallejuah but i doubt it now they've sold their souls to WBM

always in control buddy...

i'll just assume your the sort of hipster that goes around calling a band boring if they stick to their old stuff, but if they go in a new direction they sell out...

yer i agree, i wish muse would s top dumbing down their music , its becomming so simple, so structured , so soft, i literally couldnt handle anymore after newborn, then they kept doing all these old crap riffs, then house of the rising sun FFS!, uhhh , first time people seeing this show would think their proggy as shit but the show is structured to a T every damn night, mars volta is still the best ive seen and keep shit interesting, if only they could get an outdoor gig as big as muse do.

This is my official list of crap muse songs that need to be boycotted;

TIRO, Hysteria, Feeling Good, Resistance, Guiding light, UD, Starlight, Inivincible,SBH, USOE.

But i still pray muse will bring out a better album next time.

oh man, pretty much confirmed your a hipster fag after you talked about the mars fucking volta...worthless, guitar solos are boring as fuck, no much skill at all, no riffs, i think lady gag has more diverisity and pretty boring live, well at BDO they were.

and they're shows are structured because they have to be due to the size of the show...but they still throw in 4-5 different songs anyway, which is difficult enough for such a popular band. its not their fault you go up the setlists/show summaries and spoil the show for yourself.

as as for your songs that need to be boycotted, i'll just assume you trolled when you wrote out those.

yeah like i said few pages ba ck, it was my mistake by going, somehow i tricked my self into thinking it was going to be good. But at least now i know ill never have to see them again , the music is too boring, but i was just making myself like the songs somehow then i snapped out of it and realised that i actually dont like many muse songs at all.

But this is what really made my night shit.

then why do you bother coming on here then if you don't like muse? just to troll?

and the gig wasn't boring at all, just because YOU don't like certain types of music, doesn't mean others SHOULDN'T, fucking hipster.

but i can empahsis with you on the boring part, when ppl told me how good mars volta were i thought i'd go see than at BDO, biggest wasn't of time. standing there in the sun listening to a shitty 20 minute guitar solo. the guitarist doesn't even have good technique, he plays everything with three fingers ffs, its a fucking joke. then ppl try and promote them as "prog"...oh please, they probably wouldn't even know how to read music. all they do is play some heavy chords here and there, jump around a little, play shit solo's and have heaps of instruments on stage to try and convince ppl that they're a good band.

oh man, pretty much confirmed your a hipster fag after you talked about the mars fucking volta...worthless, guitar solos are boring as fuck, no much skill at all, no riffs, i think lady gag has more diverisity and pretty boring live, well at BDO they were.

I didn't get any further than this.

You see your opinion on music as fact, which makes you more of a "hipster fag" than any of us :)

Personally I think The Mars Volta is great, shame you can't appreciate innovative music. :(

:eek: :eek: :awesome: I'm just in a bit of shock upon realising I moshed with one of my favourite fanfic writers. :eek::D

Anyway, HELLO! That's awesome to hear I was raved about in such far reaches as Canberra! :happy: As for the setlist, I agree it wasn't fantastic but it was good enough for my first!

Thanks, I had the best night of my life. Hopefully we shall meet again! :D

:shifty: this is a bit random, but who else is here? :shifty: I saw mjartrod, too. :p

Just realised I hadn't even posted in this thread!!

That was absolutely amazing, I was a bit further back, even though I did get there at about 12, me and my friend decided against barrier. Wish I did now. Will go for it next time.

Stockholm Syndrome was incredible, as was Bliss, Hysteria and Time is Running Out.

Got to say a quick hello to Kirky too after the gig, which was awesome!

Looks like you had your fun.

The same as pinkfloyddsotmsees sees his opinion as a fact?

ive woken up out my fantasy world where deep down i knew they were crap songs but i made myself like them because its MUSE! but not anymore. That concert was enlightening and i realised for so long i was somehow "making" myself like their music, its a hard one to explain.:LOL:

yeah like i said few pages ba ck, it was my mistake by going, somehow i tricked my self into thinking it was going to be good. But at least now i know ill never have to see them again , the music is too boring, but i was just making myself like the songs somehow then i snapped out of it and realised that i actually dont like many muse songs at all.

But this is what really made my night shit.

I tell you what, watching your video gave me a mixture of emotions. I still feel excitement at watching that beginning of the show, it's awesome, but I also relate to how annoying security can be. At Teignmouth I was angry as they forced us to throw away our fish and chips we had just bought and we had to buy it again inside,where it was inferior. Also they wouldn't let me stand against the wall by the steps to eat it. I had to stand in the middle of the field.

At Wembley the first night we were in seats and they wouldn't allow as to stand at the barrier in front, even though it was perfectly safe and it wouldn't have obscured anyone's view.

At Wembley the second night they had free water but had filled up barrels of it rather than allowing people to take it from the tap, so it was warm and less hygienic. I asked for some from the tap but the security guy insisted that I have it from the barrel, even putting the cup in the barrel and shoving it in my hand :mad: even though there was no one else around, and it wouldn't have made any difference letting me have some from the tap. Then of course the amounts they charge for food and drink in these venues is laughable.

I do sympathise therefore with the idea that the way security treat ticket buyers (like second class citizens) is in direct opposition to what Muse stand for. Obviously that isn't down to the band, but I can see the irony and I can see how it may affect the feelings of regular gig goers.

/rant.

However I don't agree with what you have said about the songs. That's just your opinion.

PS Incidentally I angrily threw the cup back in the barrel and the person I was with at Teignmouth chucked the fish and chips at the security guards feet, and we're meant to be mature adults! :LOL: But that is how it gets you. It isn't how we have become used to being treated. I wonder whether it is because the gigs are aimed at young people they somehow think they can treat people (ticket buyers) like shit.

I tell you what, watching your video gave me a mixture of emotions. I still feel excitement at watching that beginning of the show, it's awesome, but I also relate to how annoying security can be. At Teignmouth I was angry as they forced us to throw away our fish and chips we had just bought and we had to buy it again inside,where it was inferior. Also they wouldn't let me stand against the wall by the steps to eat it. I had to stand in the middle of the field.

At Wembley the first night we were in seats and they wouldn't allow as to stand at the barrier in front, even though it was perfectly safe and it wouldn't have obscured anyone's view.

At Wembley the second night they had free water but had filled up barrels of it rather than allowing people to take it from the tap, so it was warm and less hygienic. I asked for some from the tap but the security guy insisted that I have it from the barrel, even putting the cup in the barrel and shoving it in my hand :mad: even though there was no one else around, and it wouldn't have made any difference letting me have some from the tap. Then of course the amounts they charge for food and drink in these venues is laughable.

I do sympathise therefore with the idea that the way security treat ticket buyers (like second class citizens) is in direct opposition to what Muse stand for. Obviously that isn't down to the band, but I can see the irony and I can see how it may affect the feelings of regular gig goers.

/rant.

However I don't agree with what you have said about the songs. That's just your opinion.

PS Incidentally I angrily threw the cup back in the barrel and the person I was with at Teignmouth chucked the fish and chips at the security guards feet, and we're meant to be mature adults! :LOL: But that is how it gets you. It isn't how we have become used to being treated. I wonder whether it is because the gigs are aimed at young people they somehow think they can treat people (ticket buyers) like shit.

yea exactly, authority is getting worse, and security at gigs is the best example of what our lives are to become sooner or later, 100% nanny state, cant do this ,cant do that, its absolute bullshit and it still gets me :mad: as i dont take to kindly to this type of personal authority, if we all just submitted to authority it would soon become a totalitarian state.

Archived