Reading people's replies here does make me wonder though.. if the band weren't nice to the fans/if a band member treated you unkindly, would you be able to keep listening to them? How many fans actually manage to seperate their behaviour with the music?

I thought about opening a thread about this cos it does interest me :p

I don't think I would stop listening to them but I probably wouldn't love them as much as I do.

I don't think I would stop listening to them but I probably wouldn't love them as much as I do.

yeah, similar response from me...

If I like the music, I like the music, but if the people making the music turn me off in some way I'm less likely to follow the band/read interviews and do things like posting on their message board ;)

Reading people's replies here does make me wonder though.. if the band weren't nice to the fans/if a band member treated you unkindly, would you be able to keep listening to them? How many fans actually manage to seperate their behaviour with the music?

I'm like that with Radiohead. :LOL: Thom is a dick but I still listen to the band. I'm not obsessed with them at all though.

I've never met anybody from any band, but if somebody behaves like an arsehole, I'm probably going to go off them no matter who they are. :mad: Just coz you're an "artist" doesn't mean you can be a git. Altho I quite understand people having bad days.

Personally I don't think I can entirely separate the "art" from the "artist"...

Hmm I think this subject might deserve it's own thread...

To those on about the covers ... I think we will get the codouble cover on the non subscribers one just with loads of subhedings on it like on here ..

http://covers.q4music.com/Item.aspx?pageNo=6154&year=2010

I guess it will be over the one with matt facing bono... I guess the double cover could be the card board thing they do now! Or the matt facing bono one is the cardboard cover .. Not sure ... but i think non subscribs wiil get the double cover :)

To those on about the covers ... I think we will get the codouble cover on the non subscribers one just with loads of subhedings on it like on here ..

http://covers.q4music.com/Item.aspx?pageNo=6154&year=2010

I guess it will be over the one with matt facing bono... I guess the double cover could be the card board thing they do now! Or the matt facing bono one is the cardboard cover .. Not sure ... but i think non subscribs wiil get the double cover :)

Looks like they've fixed the double face and 8-fingered hand problems :LOL:

I loved their music for a while before I knew anything about them. I mean I knew their names, and had seen them perform, seen about one TV interview I think, but it was just about the music and the themes of the songs. It wasn't until I got more involved in the site and started watching and reading a lot of interviews that I realised how likeable they are as people. I wish I had taken the trouble to find out earlier tbh.:(

Anyway I held them in high regard before I knew anything about them, simply because the music is so great, alongside the fact that they didn't appear to be full of themselves which I respected, but it does make the fanhood more full on when you see more of them as people. However I think now, because I already know how likeable they are, if one of them was unkind or rude to me, it wouldn't change my opinion of them as people (which doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they do) and I can't imagine what they would need to do to put me off listening to their music tbh.

I don't know why, but this picture is just... :awesome::awesome::awesome:

I like it too, gives me a bit of a boost - it's about two headliners but it kind of feels like its portraying old and new icons! :D

Plus it's a nice profile picture of Matt though I think it has been airbrushed. Not to say he doesn't look very nice without airbrushing.:happy: But I suppose it makes the photo look more like art than a normal photo if that makes sense. His hair doesn't look like that either.

No it is nice. :shifty: I just looked at your suggestion.. very nosey! :$) I looked and thought nah, couldn't begrudge him that.:happy: Feels different when you look. Very expensive yes but not ostentatious - simple, stylish and feels peaceful. Well it's hardly the rich man's version of the stone cladding house with roman pillars and the satellite disc on the front! :LOL:

Anyway he probably won't buy it, especially after we've all been oggling it and gossiping about it! :$ Oh dear! Not that someone buying a house in Beverley Hills is going to be bothered about what two or three people say on the internet.:chuckle:

BTW I noticed Christina Aguilera has moved into the Osbournes old house which is quite funny after something I said on one of the other threads. Only one more step up for Matt! :LOL: I hope she took a poop scoop with her!

Well, maybe ostentatious was the wrong word. Stylistically, it's an awesome home! Just over the top, but if I could afford it, sure, I'd buy it. I like the style. The fancy homes that kind of gross me out are the totally overdone, tacky homes that some of the rap artists have, I guess.

Maybe you should start a thread! Their personalities and history definitely influence how I feel about them as a band. Of course it started with the music, but the more I learned about them, it made me like them even more. Tbh, if they were assholes and had a rep for being rude to fans and stuff like that, they'd get knocked down several notches in my book. So yeah, it's a factor. Maybe that's silly, but that's how I am about stuff.

I went off Oasis because Liam's such an arrogant dick.

No I'd still listen to Oasis, not that I listened to them much anyway, but I don't care if I don't like the artists, I still listen to the music. I wouldn't go out of my way to support them though or spend loads of time on their websites or anything like that.

No I'd still listen to Oasis, not that I listened to them much anyway, but I don't care if I don't like the artists, I still listen to the music. I wouldn't go out of my way to support them though or spend loads of time on their websites or anything like that.

I'd still but as you say I wouldn't bother visiting their website, buying magazines with interviews in etc because I don't care about them as people. I don't know if they're all like Liam but he's enough to put me off.

I think that very well could've been what he was doing. I LOVE looking at houses! I guess a lot of people do. I prefer old houses though. (I kind of minored in architecture and historic preservation in school, so I've always been interested in that stuff.)

ok slightly off topic, but your school had historic preservation as a minor? i am SO jealous. thats exactly what i want to do...with my structural engineering degree? hahah oh well

back on topic: this magazine is :awesome: loved the interview! i was looking at the other covers from the link posted and now i wish i could subscribe...muse and paul mccartney everywhere!

interesting:)

I suppose I'm a bit lucky because all the bands I really like I've met (not by design! ) and they have all been really lovely ...perhaps I just connect with music made by nice people :LOL::p

heh...nice one:) generally, to me music matters only...but I think that beside their music Muse attracted me also with their nice behaviour and funny appearance:). And again I've never liked music from Oasis, every song sounds the same to me and I don't like Liam annoying voice...maybe if he didn't behave like a egocentric idiot, I would give them another chance:cool:

Archived