Firstly, I am 14, and have only been a Muse fan for a year, but that is simply because I never used to listen to music. My favourite album is OoS, not The Resistance, so I'm not the sterotype of a 'new teenage fan'. I do NOT like Twilight, I like the Douglas Adams and Richard Dawkins, so don't get any ideas. I joined this crazy message board because I wanted to talk to people who shared my passion. The Muse board brought me a great sense of belonging, and I will never forget all the lovely people on here, who have understood my obsession for Muse.

Right, onto the serious stuff: Recently, I have noticed the increase of criticism on these boards. Whether its about setlists or Twilight, a minority of musers seem to moan about everything. Its starting to get on my nerves, and I don't think I'm the only one who wouldn't mind a bit of positivity for a change.

I'm sure everyone has had the odd disagreement or minor annoyance they want to talk about, but I think its time people stopped constantly complaining. This is a forum for Muse fans, who want to talk about their love for Muse. If you want to criticise and be negative all the time, go somewhere else. No matter how many times you moan about Feeling Good being played live, it won't be changed. Muse have changed with every album, and no ammount of complaints will bring back the 'good old days'. Muse have every right to grow and expand in different ways, and if you don't like it, fine, but others do, and we would like to talk about it in peace.

Sorry about my rant, but I felt the situation had to be addressed. I apologuise if I offended anyone, and sorry if this has been brought up before.

EDIT: Ok, I'm surpirsed at the amount of replies, and I can't reply to everyone, so here's my general reply: I am not saying you can't complain, I've done it myself before, but I just think that certain people actually come on here to moan and be negative. I am not trying to violate your rights to express your opinion, I would just appreciate it if Muse's every move could have slightly less criticism before I top myself (and I'm joking, by the way). You have every right to an opinion, just as I do. I just happen not to agree with yours all the time.

all_the_ppl_that_care.jpg

Criticizing songs is definitely okay. Bitching, however, is annoying. Not everyone will like a song or a certain style, and that's obviously acceptable and people should be able to voice their dislikes. But when it doesn't make any sense (yes, opinions can be absurd) and people are just complaining to complain is where it gets bad. But that's present on every band's forum, but we live on.

Criticizing songs is definitely okay. Bitching, however, is annoying. Not everyone will like a song or a certain style, and that's obviously acceptable and people should be able to voice their dislikes. But when it doesn't make any sense (yes, opinions can be absurd) and people are just complaining to complain is where it gets bad. But that's present on every band's forum, but we live on.

But I think people are confusing making a truthful point of view with that. I'm not saying Neutron Star Crapper is shit because it's the cool thing, it's because I think it's pretty dire.

Archived