Look you can't expect every Muse fan to be happy with what the are doing. The boards would be creepy (well creepier) and boring if people didn't have opinions on things!

Indeed. Like I said, art, sport and politics need a little unrest. Otherwise it would get dangerously monotone. And no one's forcing anyone to read any particular thread ... I tend to slip out of ones they get uncivil. Although sometimes morbid curiosity and fighting spirit compel me to read things that piss me off anyway ... :D

Look you can't expect every Muse fan to be happy with what the are doing. The boards would be creepy (well creepier) and boring if people didn't have opinions on things!

If we all had the same opinion it would definitely be boring. If some people got what they wanted the board would basically go like this...

"Muse rock!"

"Yeah I agree! So awesome!"

"I know! :)"

Now imagine that for every single page in every single topic. The board would be dead within a month.

I used to watch soap operas. Now I just read the Muse board.

:LOL:

Yeah, the criticism has gotten a little heavy lately. I'm not saying people with negative opinions should keep them to themselves, that would make me a huge hypocrite. I've just not read a lot of positives about them lately, although I'm probably reading the wrong people's posts. It's kind of sad since most here actually enjoy their music.

I'll just go hide in the YMT where we don't really talk about Muse anyways, so I don't have to worry about it. :happy:

:LOL:

Yeah, the criticism has gotten a little heavy lately. I'm not saying people with negative opinions should keep them to themselves, that would make me a huge hypocrite. I've just not read a lot of positives about them lately, although I'm probably reading the wrong people's posts. It's kind of sad since most here actually enjoy their music.

I'll just go hide in the YMT where we don't really talk about Muse anyways, so I don't have to worry about it. :happy:

Talk about Muse or get the GTFO :phu:

With the negatives, there are people (like me) who are very disappointed in Muse's recent activity, and that when these statements are made, they get attacked and the whole cycle of arguing starts up. Whereas stuff I think Muse have done well doesn't lead to arguing when said so.

For example, 'I really don't like NSC, it sounds awful, one of their worst songs ever, they've really gone downhill lately' will get reactions.

Posting 'I still really like MK Ultra, one of their best recent songs' will either be agreed with by a couple of people or largely just ignored.

Interesting.I like when people say what's on their mind,but when that turns into slagging off,I just don't even want to comment.People do have the right to say what's on their minds,and if someone doesn't like it there's a little x in the corner.I just really stick to threads that I like.

I think that many people who frequent the fan forums (any fan forums) simply find the negativity enjoyable. Some people, when faced with something they don't like, will simply ignore it or move on, while others will beat it into the ground, for years. I enjoy some negativity as well, from time to time, but in large doses it can make you feel like you're walking through a toxic swamp, and I can't say I understand the mindset of the people who seem to devote so much time and energy to it.

My point of view on this is pretty much that yeah constructive criticism fair enough, but it gets to the stage where it feels very negative as a whole sometimes. I come here to discuss my favourite band and it can be daunting, particularly to new users that it gets this way.

I think its a matter of some users going too far really.

some users probably do go too far, but let's be honest... they can't be THAT serious or else they wouldn't have signed up for this board. and i agree with what other people are saying... if every agreed and was like "OMG i LURVZ DA MYOOOSE!", this place would be complete shit. we're here to discuss our opinions, which believe it or not, people have.

some users probably do go too far, but let's be honest... they can't be THAT serious or else they wouldn't have signed up for this board.

Well a lot of us signed up six years ago, things change :p

I blame the British. Moaning is our favourite hobby.

I have been a Muse fan since I was 12, still remember buying the single for bliss and have spent all too much going to gigs (food, transport etc) and pretty much everything in their discography. So i dont see why I don't have the right to moan.

Maybe I am just a grumpy old git (at the ripe old age of 20) but I don't like their current attitude towards live shows and their current musical direction and do believe that at the moment theyre the most exicting band around (no doubt that they used to be though).

Get a grip mate, some of us don't see the world through rose tinted spectacles and i don't feel that because of that we shouldn't be able to voice our opinion. Bascially "while I disagree with your opinions sir, I would defend to the death your right to express it" :LOL:

I think extreme opinions are not good in either case. Nothing is black or white, everything has shades of gray and everyone should see that, I think people need to see things more objectively. You are in a Muse forum; your love for the band is something that everyone assumes, so being able to see the good and bad things is the best way to hold a conversation. I've been posting a lot in "The Resistance Tour discussion Thread" and while I don’t concur with most views there, I think we all have been able to express agreement or disagreement without starting any kind of stupid fight. Different opinions are what make things interesting.

freedom and democracy are forever, and if they die (it will not happen ever).

you know, i love criticism (addressed to myself too). it's always interesting to learn your opponent's negative opinion, analyze it, debate and represent your arguments. it was, it exists and it'll always be.

but honestly, i recognized the critical level had highly increased here for the last time (maybe because i joined .mu only in 2009 and can't judge fairly, maybe i read wrong threads ha) and there was a thing called 'too much'. it's not about your personal taste but an ability to represent your point not in a rude way. there're different categories: fans who politely say they dislike a song and don't bother guys who actually liked it and those who hate it and beat with offensive sarcastic comments when you express your positivity. see the difference? that's what i'm actually worrying about. let's be just tolerant.

Actually one thing I have noticed is that, in general, if people are criticising something of Muse, then most people are criticising the same thing - like Guiding Light, the overplaying of Feeling Good and, obviously, Neutron Star Collision, for example. But then, with so many moaning about the same particular thing - well, surely that just tells you that what Muse did was not good, and we should be able to accept that we're not going to like everything they do, because they can't be 100% all the time.

Well they can, but they won't be. They are (almost super) human after all.

*hides under a pan cover*

Matt said he didn't like optimism, right?

Dom said he didn't like negativity, right?

in that France orange interview?

The fans are allowed to be positive or negative right?

Opposites will always attract.

:ninja:

Archived