I keep checking youtube desperately. I can't believe my bad luck. *head-desk* Is it really just my laptop? Maybe something's wrong with this. I did a virus check too and cleared the cache.

It might be your Internet connection. MTV's websites really flashy.

It's pretty cheesy, but believe it or not, Muse has done cheese worse. I was fearing Invincible 3.0 (since GL is Invincible 2.0), so from what I hear of this, it doesn't sink that low. I'd really like to hear the rest of the song, though, as since people are comparing this to the preview for Resistance, I think Resistance's chorus is the weakest part of the song.

Maybe what we hear is actually the end of the word "collision" :eyebrows:

I think you may well be right on that.

It does sound a bit cheesy atm, but then it was written for twilight so its supposed to be, really. A heavy Stockholm-Syndrome type song wouldnt fit in with the movie at all. This is more reminiscent of Soaked than any other use song I can think of. Whether you like it or not, from what I've heard so far, I think it fits its purpose very well.

Perhaps it will have a huge redeeming solo of some kind to prevent us non-twilight-fans from being violently ill. </prayer>

I think you may well be right on that.

It does sound a bit cheesy atm, but then it was written for twilight so its supposed to be, really. A heavy Stockholm-Syndrome type song wouldnt fit in with the movie at all. This is more reminiscent of Soaked than any other use song I can think of.

Perhaps it will have a huge redeeming solo of some kind to prevent us non-twilight-fans from being violently ill. </prayer>

+1, I thought of this as well. Like, it would probably not have deep lyrics like Megalomania or some other song, it would simply not fit.

I kind of like it so far. Stuck on my brain already. And I love Matt's voice! It sounds very powerful.

But yeah, the lyrics are cheesy and meeeeeeeeh, but I hope the whole song will make up for it.

And btw, do we hear an "oocean" in the beginning? :awesome:

Sounds like the end of 'explosion' to me.

As most of you are saying, there is a strong smell of cheese coming from that excerpt.

Maybe the verses will contain something a bit more musey? Who knows.

I dont want to jump to conclusions yet anyway - I thought uprising was shit on the first listen of the whole song, never mind 30 seconds of it, love it now though.

Archived