It's funny how it's only the people that like it that are moaning at the people that don't, not the other way around. If people like it they are as entitled to share their opinion as much as people that don't like it.

There's been countless haters going one further than that, they've been saying things like:

"If you love it, you aren't a Muse fan"

"I cannot understand how anyone can like this"

"Worst song ever." ect

There's been countless haters going one further than that, they've been saying things like:

"If you love it, you aren't a Muse fan"

"I cannot understand how anyone can like this"

"Worst song ever." ect

:LOL:

When I said I didn't like SMBH I was told by a couple of people that I should resign as admin :awesome:

Guest Smit
i know what's your mention, i got it ;) and everyone's free to say their thoughts (sorry for my bad english, it's not my motherlanguage)...i think, me and the other persons just liked the song...and personally, sometimes people need to feel happy, this song made me happy last night, when i first heard it...and listening over and over again made me addicted or anything else like that...it's just my reaction :)

Your english is good! One to there own I suppose but i honestly cant see the appeal.

The thing is you never see the smashing pumpkins ignoring there roots like muse have been doing as of late.

I wish they'd release more songs like that of Absolution *cloudy eyes*...that CD is intense. That being said, the new song is crap and it's for a crap series of movies/books. When you think about what the song was written for though, I think it fits. I only saw parts of the first movie (for the lack of nothing better to watch at the time) but I understand the whole "can't live without you, I'm a coo vampire" plot.

The song fits the plot, cheesy and romantic and, dare I say, a little intense. By far one of their worst songs, but hey, it was written for something, at least it's not just some random new single they released...then I'd be worried...:(:eek:

It's funny how it's only the people that like it that are moaning at the people that don't, not the other way around. If people like it they are as entitled to share their opinion as much as people that don't like it.

You just don't get it, don't you?

It's not about disliking the song or not, it's about making it out to be far worse than it actually is.

I'm not going to argue that it's a great song. I know it's not. I know it's cheesy and it has a mainstream pop appeal, but because it's on the Twilight soundtrack I knew what to expect. I would understand why all the moaning if they released a whole album that sounds just like NSC, but it's just a teen flick soundtrack song. That's all.

Who knows what Muse will do in the future? That's all up to them. However I won't make any judgments until I hear a whole new album.

We shall wait and see.

Guest Smit
I wish they'd release more songs like that of Absolution *cloudy eyes*...that CD is intense. That being said, the new song is crap and it's for a crap series of movies/books. When you think about what the song was written for though, I think it fits. I only saw parts of the first movie (for the lack of nothing better to watch at the time) but I understand the whole "can't live without you, I'm a coo vampire" plot.

The song fits the plot, cheesy and romantic and, dare I say, a little intense. By far one of their worst songs, but hey, it was written for something, at least it's not just some random new single they released...then I'd be worried...:(:eek:

This song was not written for twilight persay, was a reject from the resistance album. So slightly more worrying that they wrote the without twlight in mind.

The song was written before they were approached by the Eclipse people. The lyrics are about Matt and Gaia, not Edward and Bella.

This song was not written for twilight persay, was a reject from the resistance album. So slightly more worrying that they wrote the without twlight in mind.

I was under the impression that the author of the books is an avid Muse fan and asked them to write the "lead" song on the new film. That's what I read anyways.

For the fiftieth time.

The song was written in Autumn 2009 after The Resistance was released. It was written due to Matt reflecting on his break up and relationship with his girlfriend. It was not written for Twilight. Muse wanted to put an original song on the soundtrack, and this was just the only song that fit the bill.

Matt said the song was written just after they broke up.

And SM asked them for a song, not to write a song. They had this one hanging around doing nothing so gave it to the film.

Matt and Dom explained all this in interviews yesterday.

Didn't watch/read any interviews...Well, now this song is just crap and Muse are scaring me :mad:

For the fiftieth time.

The song was written in Autumn 2009 after The Resistance was released. It was written due to Matt reflecting on his break up and relationship with his girlfriend. It was not written for Twilight. Muse wanted to put an original song on the soundtrack, and this was just the only song that fit the bill.

Oh boo hoo, don't get your panties in a twist :LOL:;)

For the fiftieth time.

We need a big sign on the site! or maybe a warning before you post in this thread. :D

if they play this live i'm getting my ipod out.

god help us all.

God help us??! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

It's a song, not a plague of locusts, a famine or a flood.

I find it as cheesy as most people do but really, do put things into perspective!:LOL::LOL:

I listened to it many, many times today but that's coz I want to make sure I've got the lyrics dead right for when they perform it in Switzerland in two weeks time!:LOL::LOL:

Must find a giant, inflatable cheese somewhere, not had any luck thus far.

There is always the Bay Packer cheese hat if you're desperate:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_F3oPrJF40nM/SWBkJ25L0bI/AAAAAAAABX4/qB5mhJl0zp4/s400/p1_cheesehead.jpg

:D

You just don't get it, don't you?

It's not about disliking the song or not, it's about making it out to be far worse than it actually is.

I'm not going to argue that it's a great song. I know it's not. I know it's cheesy and it has a mainstream pop appeal, but because it's on the Twilight soundtrack I knew what to expect. I would understand why all the moaning if they released a whole album that sounds just like NSC, but it's just a teen flick soundtrack song. That's all.

Who knows what Muse will do in the future? That's all up to them. However I won't make any judgments until I hear a whole new album.

We shall wait and see.

But some people, me included, DO think the song is that bad. Just because you don't, should I say to you that you are making out that the song is better than it is because you don't think it's shit?

A muse song is a muse song, regardless of what it is recorded for.

Archived