The songs grown on me a bit since yesterday, I've not listened to it religiously because it's not good enough to warrant that. I must agree with leetroot though, Matt's lyrics (plus vocal melodies in places) seem to be sliding nowadays.

Here's hoping the next new song we hear is an aggressive mix of Micro Cuts and Yes Please. :D

Matt's lyrics were never anywhere high to start off with :LOL: I've always thought that anyway, besides, it would get boring and predictable if he constantly sang about zetas and the apocalypse.

To me:

"Hail the preachers, fake and proud

Their doctrines will becloud"

Is awesome :awesome:

they might not have won prizes but they weren't so bleeding obvious. simple is fine but obvious is not.

That doesn't exactly shine the brightest light on Muse. Most bands care about their long term fans because they wouldn't have gotten anywhere without them, without engaging in activities that cause their fans to move on. We're the ones who have been voting for them for years and paying hundreds to see them in gigs and things.

And it's true that a minority of people hear aren't big fans any more, but for the most part, even the people that post very rarely in main Muse are some of the biggest fans of all. Trust me, I know some of these people in real life. They simply don't like voicing their fanaticisms all the time, but sometimes feel so disheartened they come to complain and state why they are not happy. These are the people that care most about the band, as you seem to be aware of (cf. 'life and death').

I care about the band I just don't think dissecting every single thing they do in a negative fashion helps them or anyone and a lot of this dissecting is only based on the personal opinions of those doing the dissecting.

If you check my signature, you can see what Chris has said about all the moaning. So I really don't think people who moan all the time are entitled to give off a superior fan aura.

I saw an old interview when Matt actually said that he expected their fan following to be fluid depending on whether people liked their latest offerings. I really don't think the band have ever asked or expected people to follow them obsessively.

BTW I'm not referring to the people you are referring to don't comment much. Of course they should be able to express their feelings. But the majority of moans about everything Muse do come from the same group of people.

I care about the band I just don't think dissecting every single thing they do in a negative fashion helps them or anyone and a lot of this dissecting is only based on the personal opinions of those doing the dissecting.

If you check my signature, you can see what Chris has said about all the moaning. So I really don't think people who moan all the time are entitled to give off a superior fan aura.

I saw an old interview when Matt actually said that he expected their fan following to be fluid depending on whether people liked their latest offerings. I really don't think the band have ever asked or expected people to follow them obsessively.

When did Chris say that?

We've gone from:

"Space dementia in your eyes, venus will arise, and tear us apart, make us meaningless again..."

to:

"Our love is forever, and if we die, we die together..."

:facepalm:

Yeah

'hopelessly I'll love you endlessly

hopelessly I'll give you everything

but I won't give you up

I won't let you down'

That's almost as bad :D

I've listened to it too many times today

I like the little subtle bits you don't pick up on first time around :D

I wish more people here would just give this song a chance. Most of them think they can judge a song by only listening to it once, and I'm laughing my guts out about that.

You have to give this at least a dozen listens before I will take your opinion seriously.

I've listened to it too many times today

I like the little subtle bits you don't pick up on first time around :D

:yesey: I have only just discovered the awesomeness of the piano throughout the song. I was listening through earphones that sounded like tin cans previously and I couldn't really hear it. Then I pinched my brother's Bose headphones and listened with them and nearly fell over. Amazing.

We've gone from:

"Space dementia in your eyes, venus will arise, and tear us apart, make us meaningless again..."

to:

"Our love is forever, and if we die, we die together..."

:facepalm:

except there is no venus lyric in SD...

I wish more people here would just give this song a chance. Most of them think they can judge a song by only listening to it once, and I'm laughing my guts out about that.

You have to give this at least a dozen listens before I will take your opinion seriously.

When I listened to the new Deftones album first time through, EVERY song made the hairs on my neck stand on end. That's when you know you are listening to something special. The first time I heard The Resistance, a few of the songs did that too (compared to nearly ALL of OoS). Bands make songs so that on the first listen you notice something, it's only when you listen to songs another few times that you realize the finer qualities. A dozen times is an exaggeration though, NSC is really not that good. :eek:

Yeah

'hopelessly I'll love you endlessly

hopelessly I'll give you everything

but I won't give you up

I won't let you down'

That's almost as bad :D

That song was largely ignored by the band though once the initial Abso gigs were done, it's not like they released it as a single to a huge fanfare or anything :LOL:

Archived