See, I'm not saying it's 'good', I'm saying I'm really enjoying listening to it and singing along to it!

Heard loud through really good speakers I think it sounds great!

Lyrics were ridiculously easy to learn right through so I'm more than ready to join in at any gigs they perform it at!:LOL:

I suspect it wasn't/isn't their intention to create a 'fun/funny' song but that is exactly what they've achieved, from my perspective at least! I'm not ashamed to say I love it either!:p:p:D

It is funny, and if it was just a one-off then it wouldn't bother me so much. I just feel that Muse actually feel like this is the kind of music they want to make now, I get the feeling USoE, Resistance and IBTY were the 'restrained' songs that could have ended up like this (and IBTY is ridiculous enough as it is)

I thought USoE was a bit of a piss take and kinda funny when I first heard it, but nothing in comparison to this :LOL:

Thing is, USoE is a staple on the set and they seem really keen on it. They're just so different from the way they were. And no I don't want a carbon copy of Origin every time, it's just the serious riff-classical thing they had going on in the early years was what appealed to me about them, the cheesy love songs and 'experimental pop' does not at all.

USoE you can definitely laugh off :LOL: The "SIA's" are just too comical.

But it makes money ;)

Also I realised that the piano is the best bit, so essentially Rachmaninov should be credited.

Aye, sadly. That's probably the main reason

I like the piano too. Matt's vocals is definitely the worst factor for me, same goes for the whole of Resistance apart from Exogenesis :LOL:

It is funny, and if it was just a one-off then it wouldn't bother me so much. I just feel that Muse actually feel like this is the kind of music they want to make now, I get the feeling USoE, Resistance and IBTY were the 'restrained' songs that could have ended up like this (and IBTY is ridiculous enough as it is)

If this were an entire album comprised of similar material I'd be very, very disappointed, oh yes :) That, of course, remains to be seen though.

Bear in mind I'm one of the people who thinks Resistance is a good album and am able to accept the twists and turns of this band's output!:LOL:

To a certain extent. I don't want an album full of NSCs though, absolutely not. Should the next album be just that, I

simply won't buy it. I'll take the precaution of listening to it online once it's released before deciding whether or not Muse are worthy of my pennies and if I decide they're not I'll vote with my purse! :happy:

If this were an entire album comprised of similar material I'd be very, very disappointed, oh yes :) That, of course, remains to be seen though.

Bear in mind I'm one of the people who thinks Resistance is a good album and am able to accept the twists and turns of this band's output!:LOL:

To a certain extent. I don't want an album full of NSCs though, absolutely not. Should the next album be just that, I

simply won't buy it. I'll take the precaution of listening to it online once it's released before deciding whether or not Muse are worthy of my pennies and if I decide they're not I'll vote with my purse! :happy:

That's the stage i'm at. I liked parts of BHaR, generally the ones that didn't get much tour play or single releases, I like 5 of the last 6 songs on The Resistance (and Uprising), again the ones that weren't singles or getting much tour play. So they still make stuff I like, but the exposed stuff is generally the stuff about them I can't stand, and this is the worst of the lot.

On my travels this morning (I drive from house to house for my work) I happened to pass Worthing Sixth Form College when all the kids were milling about outside. NSC was blaring out and we were at the chorus and the amount of :wtf::wtf::wtf: looks I got was just hysterical!:LOL::LOL:

Funny thing is, if I were their age again I doubt I'd have had the guts to play it in public or even admit I liked it, even if I did, for fear of being mocked by my peers!:chuckle::chuckle:

Now I'm that much older I realise the opinions of others (on trivial matters such as this I mean) just don't count. I'll always give my opinion on something now even though it may leave me open to mockery. Definitely a case of 'Bovvered??!':D

I think everyone needs to stop EXPECTING things from muse and just approach new material with an open mind.

And if you listened to the Zane Lowe interview matt pretty much said that this song was recorded now because by the time the next album comes along they probably won't be in the same place they are now.

And for the record i hated Stockholm Syndrome the first time i heard it because i thought it was weird. But now, like everyone else its one of my favourite songs and favourite to see live besides fury.

Open minds people, open minds

Yes, they're just being a caricature now. I'm happy for them if it attracts a wider audience but I think it's a shame they forget their roots.

Can we have this Muse back please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDyJindQEio

Oh my Holy Feck..... that is .. is.... the reason why I love MUSE... simply awesome... I now have the biggest smile on my face.

Yes, yes bring THIS Muse back.....

I already chimed-in on the "rate NSC" thread, but I figured I would throw my 2 cents here too.

I was actually expecting it to be worse than it turned out to be. I adore the piano at the end, and I think Matt's voice sounded great, which helped to save the song for me. The more I listen to it, the more tolerable it becomes (I just need to ignore the lyrics) :LOL: Honestly, it could have been so much worse.

I give it a 3/5. Not a great song, not awful. It's okay, and I think it might continue growing on me, but it's certainly nothing spectacular whatsoever.

I don't have a problem with it as a stand-alone song, but like others have said, if they start putting out entire albums of songs like this, I will be extremely disappointed. I get that their sound is continuously evolving, and I actually really liked TR alot, but I feel like this is just TOO much.

Yes, they're just being a caricature now. I'm happy for them if it attracts a wider audience but I think it's a shame they forget their roots.

Can we have this Muse back please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDyJindQEio

I love it, they don't even play songs like SS with the same kind of vigour any more. :(

The look on Matt's face as he destroys the drumkit is priceless. I love the Execution Commentary riffing. :awesome:

That is then...Matt have written the requiem song for Muse. Musically poor combination of bits of Knights+ a bit of that romantic piano playing+ pompous chorus and lyrics to be ever ashamed of! I wished for Muse to change direction after BH&R and the Resistance but it looks like they will carry on the easy and unoriginal way - such a shame, I used to be inspired by their music ,now they are example of disappointment...every artist should try to push to the limit their talent -I hate the thought that for Matt is over...Oh and I won't have any of the excuses he or the fans can give - the music is the important thing and this song is really mediocre and banal.

Oh my Holy Feck..... that is .. is.... the reason why I love MUSE... simply awesome... I now have the biggest smile on my face.

Yes, yes bring THIS Muse back.....

Innit. It was exactly that performance six years ago that got me on this board.

Yeah, so I thought I haven't been on the message board in EONS but this is an event of sufficient importance for me to feel like I can lay down my opinion.

When I first heard the song, I thought it was a disaster and I instantly hated it. But upon second, third, fourth, and fifth hearings, the song ended up growing on me. It wasn't written specifically for Eclipse, that's good, but that doesn't matter really. The song in itself, though not the Muse I originally fell in love with, is not all that bad. Yeah, the lyrics are cheesy, but it is a love song, they're all cheesy.

I really wish we could get old Muse back though. Pre BHaR Muse was the best IMHO.

Guest hysteriaaah

I've started to quite like it after like the 5th listen....But still, its pretty 'down there' compared to muse standards.

The lyrics don't really bother me because i feel like the lyrics were more of a personal thing that matt did rather than an artistic thing, and lyrics aren't usually matt's stronghold i reckon:p Though when he does get it, it's bloody fantastic. :D

Im still viewing it like an 'extra' track. I feel like the twilight dudes were like 'yo, can we have a song?' and matt was like 'meh why not, i have this lying round.' and then marketing and promotion got involved and made it overblown(as always)

I love it, they don't even play songs like SS with the same kind of vigour any more. :(

The look on Matt's face as he destroys the drumkit is priceless. I love the Execution Commentary riffing. :awesome:

This is the muse I want to see again. NSC was so.....average. My friends band comes up with better songs than that. Like Az said I used to be inspired by Muse. I would watch and listen in awe as I showed my friends certain songs that blew me away.

Now its all just grey. Theres nothing special about their music anymore. The last good song in my opinion was Unnatural Selection. As it reminded me most of their talent.

I just hope Muse realise their fans aren't too happy with their blandness and bring back the talent that was MUSE. :(

At the risk of being attacked by an angry mob...

I think everyone is being a bit too melodramatic about this. It's just one song. We can't just assume that this is some (pretty awful) new direction they're heading. Like I mentioned in my comment above, if they start making full albums of songs like NSC, I will be disappointed. But I'm not going to assume that that's what they're gonna do.

Not every Muse song will be amazing. And certainly not every Muse song has been amazing.

I know not everyone liked TR (although personally I loved the album as a whole!) and I'm pretty sure there aren't many people out there who'll be adding NSC to their list of favorite songs, but I really don't think you can proclaim the "death" of the band based on just that.

They're continuing to grow and experiment musically, which I think (generally) is a good thing. Even if I'm not 100% satisfied with where they're heading, I'm certainly not going to stop being a fan because of it. There's no way they can please everyone 100% of the time.

So can't we all just take a breather, laugh along together at the ridiculous cheesiness of NSC, and move on? I'm sure that there are more amazing things to come in the future! Relax, guys... it's just one song!

*ducks in anticipation of angry counter-attack*

Highly disappointed, Muse at their worst.

Lyrics are terrible, music is not much better.

Come on Muse where's the darkness, where's the angst that you harness so well??

I blame Matt's gf for making him too happy.

Archived