Is it sad that I've spent enough time on the boards that I was able to guess the reactions of pretty much every regular poster?

Although I suppose that's not [too difficult, as it's a fair thing to assume that anyone who spends the majority of their time in the Banter thread was gonna hate this song, since most of them don't like Muse anyways.

And the people who generally still hang out in the Main Muse section are probably more disposed to like it.

I like it despite the incredibly cheesy lyrics. Still would like to see them go in a different direction for the 6th album.

:p

Not a bad track but then again not an great one either. The whole time it sounded like it COULD have been building up to something awsome but never quite made it there.

The lyrics are pretty bad too, but that's to be expected when it was made for Twilight.

Oh, man. I heard this on Zane Lowe over two hours ago, and only now does Doris let me see your posts and add my own. :LOL: What a day!

Matt's interview gives the song a new spin. Poor guy, NSC(LIF) is his catharsis and we're all bashing it.

Aww, yes, I was thinking that.

I've also been trying to get on here all evening and I have probably listened to it 20 million times by now! :LOL: Well maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but I'm slightly pissed now!

Anyway I wasn't quite sure at first, there are a lot of style changes, it's crazy, but now I think it's great! I'm not about to say it's the best thing they've ever done or anything like that. It's kinda weird, but completely adorable, emotional, sad and uplifting at the same time.

Very lovely and enjoyable. :happy:

And it's made me feel quite emotional.

Not a bad track but then again not an great one either. The whole time it sounded like it COULD have been building up to something awsome but never quite made it there.

The lyrics are pretty bad too, but that's to be expected when it was made for Twilight.

How many times :facepalm:

It wasn't written for twilight! (I suppose that makes you feel worse about the lyrics?)

Matt wrote it about getting the cold shoulder from his ex.

And the (unwarranted) bitchfest begins.

90% of you don't deserve this band. They're not going to recreate OoS (not even their best album mind you) every fucking time. Get over it.

:mad:

lol

No one even said they want another OOS. I hate this assumption.

Don't feel bad for liking it.

I like "Guiding Light", and a lot of people hate it. It doesn't stop my enjoyment of the song. :D

Agreed.

I think I'm one of the few fans that actually likes 99% of their offerings.

I love every album, almost every track. I don't think any of their tracks are VERY bad.

I want to LOVE it because it's Muse, but...it's...so....cheesey. :(

I miss the dark passion of Hoodoo, and even the other songs like Easily, or Falling away with you. Thank God it's only on the twilight soundtrack. Problem is that all the twi-fans will make this a big hit, and that will get them more radio play, of a song that isn't even close to showing their depth. It will just be fuel for the haters that already think this is what they are all about. THEN, you'll see it start to appear on their concert play lists!!:eek:

I know it will grow on me -I mean, if Undisclosed Desires did, then anything can.

Matt - find that dark (non cheesey) love/hate/heartache inside you (think of Gaia) and give it to us. Please!

I do like everything but the beginning, the solo, and the lyrics. I was a little :erm: at first but it really is growing on me. Will never be as good as Showbiz, but I can't complain about getting a new song :p

Not trying to single you out or anything, but this is a sentiment I've heard from a lot of different people lately and I honestly don't get it.

IMO, it's better to have no new songs at all than to have ones that suck :erm:

Now, if you're a person who likes the song, then yeah, it makes sense you're all happy about it... but as a person who doesn't, I'm not "just happy to have something new".

I'd rather never have another song from the band again if the alternative is a string of songs that I cannot even bring myself to pretend to enjoy....

I don't care what you all say, I loves it :phu:

Then again, I'm a Muse fan...

so am I, and I'm in the process of trying to forget I ever heard this song :LOL:

Seriously, in my world, this song never happened :shifty:

This thread makes me depressed. I feel bad for liking this song now :(

DON'T!!!!!!!!!! If people influence you in music, then what is music to you?

Cheese is my favourite form of dairy product.

Don't feel bad for liking it.

I like "Guiding Light", and a lot of people hate it. It doesn't stop my enjoyment of the song. :D

THIS. :yesey:

When I first listened to it through, I thought "Wow, this is a gigantic cheeseball". On the second listen, it was easier to bear, but the first verse still made me feel like I had eaten way too much cheese. But the fact that there is a bit of a guitar solo in it, and some sounds similar to MotP in the chorus makes it sound so much better. Even though I still think it sounds really similar to Resistance.

But you've still got to admit, the lyrics are SO FREAKING CHEESY. Even so, the song really grew on me after a few listens. I like the song itself quite alot, and although cheesy, I find the lyrics cute and uplifting. :happy: Overall, it's a really nice song and I think it will grow on all of you. I give it an eight out of ten. :happy:

Not trying to single you out or anything, but this is a sentiment I've heard from a lot of different people lately and I honestly don't get it.

Now, if you're a person who likes the song, then yeah, it makes sense you're all happy about it... but as a person who doesn't, I'm not "just happy to have something new".

I'd rather never have another song from the band again if the alternative is a string of songs that I cannot even bring myself to pretend to enjoy....

so am I, and I'm in the process of trying to forget I ever heard this song :LOL:

Seriously, in my world, this song never happened :shifty:

But it's an awesome song.

Agreed.

I think I'm one of the few fans that actually likes 99% of their offerings.

I love every album, almost every track. I don't think any of their tracks are VERY bad.

*insert High Five emote that this board needs.* :happy:

I don't care what you all say, I loves it :phu:

Then again, I'm a Muse fan, and I like really anything they come out with. I love the cheesy songs, the angry songs, and the downright messed up songs. Muse is my fave band, so as much as I miss the OoS stage, I'm happy that they are all developing musically. But if this song went up with Exogenesis...well...Exo would kick this song's puny ass. :chuckle:

I like the piano, it's cute. The guitar seems a little basic for Matt. Dom kicked ass on the drums and Chris's riff is still average - not simple, but not like Hysteria. If you've read the Twatlight series, you know how stupid Eddie and Bella are about each other. If you don't think about them though, it makes the song MUCH more enjoyable.

My rating on the song: 8/10

Compared to other Muse songs?: 4/10

Can't wait for the vid though :happy:

I made it obnoxious because it deserves to be seen :yesey:

90% of you don't deserve this band. They're not going to recreate OoS (not even their best album mind you) every fucking time. Get over it.

Who said they want OoS every time?

All I want is for them to make music I don't think is shit. I doubt they will though, given the last year's results.

Well

I just hope Matt gets confused when playing live, you can just see him in the middle of unnatural selection:

Counterbalance this commotion!

We're all snowflakes in th...S**t! Dom i messed up again!

Heehee that made me giggle! :LOL:

But to the point!

Okay. I've been a Muse fan since 2005. I've stood up for them. I've always managed to see good in all of their songs, even Guiding Light. But I think I can now officially state that I don't like a Muse song! NSC is just... argh it's boring, it's cheesy, it doesn't sound like the real Muse! :( I want them to go back to the way they were before! If their next album isn't especially epicly amazing and more like their first 4 albums, I am going to be so disappointed!

Muse... I still love you! But I'm worried you're going downhill!

*blasts Origin of Symmetry loudly whilst worry-eating*

Don't let other people's opinions put you off the song.

If you like it, you like it.

:yesey: I agree.

And while I'm here, I'm going to say a few other things:

*clears throat*

I like Guiding Light

I love Invincible and is probably my third favourite on BH&R

I like Muse's cover of Can't Take My Eyes Off You

Okay, I'm done here. :)

No its all clear that some people have spent 9 years listening to nothing but origin on repeat and mock those who like anything else. Obviously. If enough people say it then it must be true

Probably pretty close to the truth... :erm:

At the same time there's nooby fans that only like their most mainstream and modern crap and despise anything else that isn't poppy.

We deserve as much as anyone else does. I don't want another OoS, Absolution is my favourite album and I don't think they are as good as they were in the OoS-Abso period. It doesn't mean I don't like some of the songs! This song to me is just a mumbo-jumbo of bits and bobs Muse ripped off from their own songs.

It's nothing to do with us 'deserving' the band, it's to do with us (the fans) appreciating the music they put out. I'm sure we all 'appreciate' that they've released a new song. Whether we like it or not is up to debate, and with this being an internet forum that's what it's for!

There are a lot of things I don't like about Muse, however I love the fact that they are still there in the background. They don't bugger off for 5 years like some bands do... Although if they release an electronic pop album they bloody better do :LOL:

Nah, I actually like it. Not ALL of it, but I appreciate some parts.

And now that I think about it... well I mean, the lyrics are sweet, I just don't love them in a song, especially a Muse song. But it's all growing on me. :happy:

Archived