Like the piano at the end but I agree this song is too fragmented and is trying to cram too much into one song. It's obviously cheesy and all the different parts don't work together imo.

And before anybody use that argument again, my opinion is about the song, not the fact that it is on the Twilight soundtrack. My opinion would be the same it is was a standalone Muse single.

you know, now am listening to it for like the...6th ? time, its growing on me. I think the intros the weakest bit then it gets better, and the whole tone of it is better for understanding once you've heard the interview after. And I knew i recognised the piano bit at the end- thanks to whoever wrote about it on Musewiki.

I love it! Great to have a new song with so much piano in it... both rock-style fills and full-blown classical! I bet Dom had fun with the drum patterns. It sounds to me like all three were just having fun making this one, not taking it too seriously, and having fun rocking out.

The "political" second verse is soft-pedalled, from what I can tell (can't make out all the lyrics), so I think we can safely disregard any "NSC" double-meaning (as a play on "Nat. Security Council") or conspiracy theorizing... but I love the line about snowflakes dissipating in the ocean (echoes of "Unnatural Selection"'s "droplets in the ocean" bit).

Has anyone identified the piano outro yet? Saint-Saens, Debussy, Liszt... or 100% Matt Bellamy?

I heard this in the big YouTube clip, from Zane Lowe's program, with Lowe's intro and interview of Matt afterwards. Poor Maffoo... broke up with his gf about eight months ago and sounds like he isn't completely over it yet.

And the summer-tour festival stagery sounds outrageous! Pyramids! UFOs! Alien abduction! Illuminatus all-seeing eye! Woo-hoo! :LOL::D:LOL:

Now I've got nothing left to lose

You take your time to choose

I can tell you now without a trace of fear that my

Love will be forever

And we'll die, we'll die together

And lie, I will never lie (?)

Cause our love will be forever

:(

considering the reasoning behind the song and the lyrics, how he wanted it to come out quickly while the feeling was still relevant,

i think this song can be a bit forgiven

Basically Matt said that he wrote this song when he broke up with Gaia (sp?) and the lyrics reflect what people think when they are in love, but when they break up, those thoughts just disappear and are suddenly just forgotten about. I get the idea that he wrote this song just to get it all out of his system.

Also, he said that he was probably going to save the song for another album, but when the Twilight soundtrack came along he thought he might as well just bung it out there while it was still relevant, rather than in a couple of years when he had completely gotten over it (or something like that)

Makes me feel sad for him :(

I love it as a one off piece of cheesy madness :LOL:.

I think this is exactly how I'd describe my feelings! I laughed and laughed all the way through but I can't join in with those who say they hate it coz I really don't think I do!:LOL::LOL:

Am definitely going to learn the lyrics in case they play it live as it's begging to be sung along to Pavarotti style with arms outstretched! :D

Archived