i'm sick of people complaining about Muse not being as good as they used to be... i mean they can't produce an album exactly like OoS or Showbiz every couple of years, with every single sounding like Micro Cuts or Citizen Erased (as much as i love those albums/songs). Bands progress.... some people need to accept that fact!!

There is difference between progress and becoming shit, a song is never going to be good just because it's different to what they have done before, and that's what some people here don't realise (or fail to accept, they just force themselves to like anything Muse releases, no matter how funny it smells). "But you see, after the 100th repetition the song starts to grow on me so it must be good!!!"

I thought it was horrible, then it grew on me. Still not entirely convinced by it but it is a lot better live.

I sort of agree. I still think the track is terrible but it was palatable those times I saw it live, yes.

I think NSC sounds like it belongs to absolution

YES it does! Much more like Absolution than TR. It's what I first heard too. Bringing back the piano vs. bass and drum mood which I fell in love with when first heard them. Butterflies & Hurricanes, etc.

Oh, also there are blind haters out there, not just blind lovers. Meaning that there are SOME people who diss the song just for the sake of dissing it, without giving any other reason than "Because it IS shit!", nothing that'd be related to the musical side. Not generalizing, I've just seen plenty of those people too. And I've seen positive comments that list reasons why they do love the song. Also seen negative comments that do the same, so, fair's fair. Just don't generalize us lovers either, kk?

No, but that chorus from the sample has been running through my head since I heard it. :D

I just hate that as soon as anyone mentions anything about the song being bad, there are all these people going "YOU HAVEN'T HEARD IT YET!". But to say that the song is awesome is apparently okay.

Both sides were just as quick to judge. Let's just wait until Monday before the final verdict. I might be wrong too, and I'm on the positive side at the moment, we'll see. I don't blindly love each possible Muse song. I for example hate Exo-Politics and MK Ultra. And few older songs. Really old songs. Newton Abbot old songs. :LOL: We'll see after the weekend what happens with this one.

Both sides were just as quick to judge. Let's just wait until Monday before the final verdict. I might be wrong too, and I'm on the positive side at the moment, we'll see. I don't blindly love each possible Muse song. I for example hate Exo-Politics and MK Ultra. And few older songs. Really old songs. Newton Abbot old songs. :LOL: We'll see after the weekend what happens with this one.

That was my point. But at the same time, it's more justified to hate the song because of 30 seconds than to love it.

:eek:..... :'(

:p

That was my point. But at the same time, it's more justified to hate the song because of 30 seconds than to love it.

How so? I think you could either love or hate it from 30 seconds, or at least specifically love or hate what you hear.

How so? I think you could either love or hate it from 30 seconds, or at least specifically love or hate what you hear.

How are you gonna like a song if you hate 30 seconds, probably the chorus, of it?

You can still hate a song even if you like the chorus, but that's just my opinion.

How are you gonna like a song if you hate 30 seconds, probably the chorus, of it?

You can still hate a song even if you like the chorus, but that's just my opinion.

Hmmm.... Well, I do see your point, but at the same time, other parts of the song might be so totally different from the chorus that it "makes up" for it (for someone who doesn't like the chorus, that is).

I think there's actually a good chance it will sound quite a bit different in some parts - especially considering that 8 second teaser we got at first with the strictly piano-part. We don't hear any piano in the newest preview so.... *shrugs*

I was actually listening to loads of songs off other muse albums just to compare, and it kind of dawned on me that the chorus' to a lot of their songs sound slightly similar. Big and shouty, and the unique bits are quite forgotten to make way for power chords and perhaps a cool bassline (chorus of fury, chorus of eternally missed, chorus of resistance) .

It's probably just me being paranoid, but maybe I'm stuck in a 'resistance' mindset, and I sort of expect everything to be cheesy shite just because muse has been around for so long. But If you listen to the older tracks (or the REALLY old tracks) and pretend that you're hearing them for the first time, i don't know, I feel less inclined towards them and much more cynical :rolleyes:.

Archived