I agree with most of this. The only songs I listen to at all from T2L are Survival and Unsustainable. That's about it. Follow Me and Madness continue to sound so dreadful, and I can't stand listening to them. I usually just convince myself that T2L didn't really happen at all.

Dead Inside though, is amazing. It's leagues better than anything on T2L, infact it's what Madness should have been. They perfected that minimal electro-funkness they were trying to do on the previous album, and I think it worked out really well.

I think I just really dislike some of the lyrics for Dead Inside as well. I cringe every time I hear Matt's line near the end "On the Outside I'm The Greatest Guy" its just such a cringe-y line for me, and seems like such an un-Matt like lyric. Not to mention I wasn't really fond of the way the lyric video was presented. The music video itself looks cool, however.

All the videos for Drones are some degree from bad to terrible (although Revolt is at least a bit fun... even though I'm sure it was meant to be serious) except the Mercy lyric vid.

None of 'em terrible enough to make an imprint on the song for me, but that's why I never introduce myself to a song of theirs' while watching the video.

I've loved watching the responses to the songs from my boyfriend before I give him my impressions.

GL was a personally album favorite for both of us (although he's backed off a bit, sadly, knowing it's hated,) Aftermath and NSC are his favorite songs ever, and he was so excited for me to get to Revolt, after hearing the entire album before me, and when I told him there was a huge backlash against the song, I had to show him before he'd believe me. :chuckle:

All the videos for Drones are some degree from bad to terrible (although Revolt is at least a bit fun... even though I'm sure it was meant to be serious) except the Mercy lyric vid.

None of 'em terrible enough to make an imprint on the song for me, but that's why I never introduce myself to a song of theirs' while watching the video.

I liked the Psycho lyric video to be honest and the Dead Inside video

The Dead Inside one... I admit dancing just doesn't float my boat, but I also didn't think it really fit the song terribly much. The dust looked cool, but they should have done more with it, maybe? It was just an empty warehouse, and other than the drone shot and some of the band shots, it just looked dirty, and I wasn't sure what it represented/why it was even there.

I thought the Psycho one just ended up being weird glimpses of people painted up for no reason, and someone inexplicably peeing on an expensive guitar.

The lyrics videos were fine by themselves, infact I prefer them to the music videos. They should have made a lyric video to Revolt and ended it there.

Because the lyrics videos these days have more or less as much content as the music videos.

The Dead Inside one... I admit dancing just doesn't float my boat, but I also didn't think it really fit the song terribly much. The dust looked cool, but they should have done more with it, maybe? It was just an empty warehouse, and other than the drone shot and some of the band shots, it just looked dirty, and I wasn't sure what it represented/why it was even there.

I thought the Psycho one just ended up being weird glimpses of people painted up for no reason, and someone inexplicably peeing on an expensive guitar.

I like watching dancing but I wasn't a fan of the choreography or how it was shot in the DI video, I thought it was a bit boring.

Aside from all this video talk: Drones > Absolution.

I like watching dancing but I wasn't a fan of the choreography or how it was shot in the DI video, I thought it was a bit boring.

Aside from all this video talk: Drones > Absolution.

Dead Inside is the only good song on Drones, Reapers and The Handler are pretty mediocre, while the rest is just uninspired rubbish. I think RBS alone makes Abso better than Drones.

Dead Inside is the only good song on Drones, Reapers and The Handler are pretty mediocre, while the rest is just uninspired rubbish. I think RBS alone makes Abso better than Drones.

Most of the highs of Abso (AP, RBS, B&H, SS, Hysteria) are better than anything on Drones but I find Drones more enjoyable to listen to on the whole. Other than those 5 songs, Abso is pretty forgettable imo and the meh mix/master doesn't do it any favours.

Most of the highs of Abso (AP, RBS, B&H, SS, Hysteria) are better than anything on Drones but I find Drones more enjoyable to listen to on the whole. Other than those 5 songs, Abso is pretty forgettable imo and the meh mix/master doesn't do it any favours.

I still like Abso a fair bit but I know what you mean about certain bits being a bit more forgettable compared to other albums. Most Muse albums every song feels like a lot has went into it but Abso certainly has a few that feel a bit more like filler to me - FAWY, TOADA, TSP, Endlessly.

Absolution was my favourite album for ages but recently I get the feeling its really over-produced, particularly on the heavier songs, hence why its fallen behind Origin of Symmetry in my person board. The guitar in Stockholm Syndrome has always sounded better live, for instance.

I have Drones 4th. Half of it is excellent or very good, and it is tonally good, but I feel the song craft is better on Origin, Absolution and Black Holes.

I actually think The 2nd Law is produced better than Drones, but the songs aren't as good there.

That might be a reference to things soldiers have done or have been accused of doing to captured prisoners Least that's what I think it may have been referencing. Although I half imagine it was water held in a position so it would look like someone pissing.

• 3 weeks later...

Psycho was supposed to be way more involved and unsettling but nearly everything ended up getting cut. Here's a glimpse at some of the photos from the process:

11692750_10153500430839874_5208222847250080643_n.jpg?oh=bf03ff227041fe1c0e305a32854eb099&oe=56F1DB0A

You can see Tom in the upper right in the beige photo.

Psycho was supposed to be way more involved and unsettling but nearly everything ended up getting cut. Here's a glimpse at some of the photos from the process:

11692750_10153500430839874_5208222847250080643_n.jpg?oh=bf03ff227041fe1c0e305a32854eb099&oe=56F1DB0A

You can see Tom in the upper right in the beige photo.

I had wondered about that; it seemed like a LOT of work for what it ended up being.

Especially since Tom Tweeted out teasers of the process.