Sober?

How does a song with bullshit lyrics become cheesy? Whenever I like someone I never go up to them and say 'you're so solid, bb :eyebrows:'

:LOL: You crack me up.

When lyrics are dumb, I consider them cheesy. Sober has dumb lyrics.

Another example: I think most rap music is cheesy. Because the words are lame.

But dumb and cliche aren't the same thing. :erm: They often coincide, yes, but.... :erm:

Or maybe I'm just saying this because I have a ridiculous love for Sober. :LOL:

Older rap isn't so bad, but the most rap I just find too crude. It's just not my style.

And don't tell me I can't have that opinion, or we're gonna have to take this outside. ;)

:LOL: no I understand, I'm just always curious about why people dismiss rap. Most just don't have a reason. My sister also doesn't like rap because it's crude as well :happy:

I think a lot of the hate for Sober is pretty unjustified. "but itz a song abaut b00ze" Yeah it is, and it's pretty obvious that it's meant to be tongue-in-cheek. If the song's lyrics are not meant to be taken seriously, then why would you take them seriously? :rolleyes:

That in mind, and it also happens to be one of the catchiest songs Muse have ever written. It's actually one of the better songs on Showbiz if you ask me.

I think a lot of the hate for Sober is pretty unjustified. "but itz a song abaut b00ze" Yeah it is, and it's pretty obvious that it's meant to be tongue-in-cheek. If the song's lyrics are not meant to be taken seriously, then why would you take them seriously? :rolleyes:

That in mind, and it also happens to be one of the catchiest songs Muse have ever written. It's actually one of the better songs on Showbiz if you ask me.

I didn't like it for the longest time because I didn't like the guitar at the beginning :LOL: but one day I really listened and realized how much I loved it when the bass came in and all melded :happy:

I don't think it's about booze though, unless when he says "into my glass you poured it" he's referring to a different "you." I see the lyrics as trusting someone, and having them turn on you (like someone giving an alcoholic a drink, the way he describes the drink really sounds like how an alcoholic would) :$ maybe that's just because I know some alcoholics

I think you've gone and made Tofu pee in joy.

There has been some serious beefin' going on. I think we should drop the whole issue, because Showbiz is isn't very cheesy. There are a few cheesy lines here and there but overall it's just... Not.

On another note, Sober is awesome, although, I would say it's in the bottom half of Showbiz.

Hoodoo is definitely not a song that grew on me. It was okay at first- It was moving the first couple of times- But that was it. It's hard to listen to more than once at a time, 'a time' being a week or so :erm:. It just.. Loses its spark.

Edited by xbroken_ideals

There has been some serious beefin' going on. I think we should drop the whole issue, because Showbiz is isn't very cheesy. There are a few cheesy lines here and there but overall it's just... Not.

On another note, Sober is awesome, although, I would say it's in the bottom half of Showbiz.

Hoodoo is definitely not a song that grew on me. I it was okay at first- It was moving the first couple of times- But that was it. It's hard to listen to more than once at a time, 'a time' being a week or so :erm:. It just.. Loses its spark.

+1, I don't think it's that great to be honest :erm:

I think you've gone and made Tofu pee in joy.

He did. :awesome::chuckle:

But I take the music fairly seriously, and because the music on that song is, for the most part, quite bland, I'm not a huge fan of it. It would have been a good b-side - Spiral Static, Host, or possibly a more refined version of Twin should have been on Showbiz in its place.

Space Dementia > Citizen Erased. Space Dementia is also the best song on OOS.

But I take the music fairly seriously, and because the music on that song is, for the most part, quite bland, I'm not a huge fan of it. It would have been a good b-side - Spiral Static, Host, or possibly a more refined version of Twin should have been on Showbiz in its place.

Space Dementia > Citizen Erased. Space Dementia is also the best song on OOS.

Agree with most of the first part, although I totally disagree with Spiral Static being on Showbiz. It just wouldn't fit at all- It has a completely different sound to the rest of the album- It's far more OoS than Showbiz.

Citizen Erased > Space Dementia. Citizen Erased is also the best song on OoS. :)

Interesting theory; I believe the song lyrics written to convince the priest let Muse use the church organ for Megalomania eventually turned into Neutron Star Collision...this would be hilarious. and the sense of humour of the band would be back again.

As much as I enjoy SS and Hysteria, I do think that the album's slower songs have the edge over them.

That's right, SS < Endlessly, IMO.

Haha, I'm going to get flamed for this.

I agree that the album's slower songs, such as Blackout and RBS, are its highlights.

And I agree that the album's flow is more than a little dodgy. Blackout->B&H does make sense, but SS->FAWY->Hysteria does not. Even worse (because the songs are lower-quality) is TSP->Endlessly->TOADA. RBS just feels left out on its own.

Interesting theory; I believe the song lyrics written to convince the priest let Muse use the church organ for Megalomania eventually turned into Neutron Star Collision...this would be hilarious. and the sense of humour of the band would be back again.

Anything to make yourself believe that something good came with NSC.

I agree that the album's slower songs, such as Blackout and RBS, are its highlights.

And I agree that the album's flow is more than a little dodgy. Blackout->B&H does make sense, but SS->FAWY->Hysteria does not. Even worse (because the songs are lower-quality) is TSP->Endlessly->TOADA. RBS just feels left out on its own.

To be honest, B&H->TSP is by far the worst transition of the album.

Personally, I like how the slow songs kind of put you in a trance, and the heavy ones break you out of it. Makes for good freakout music late at night.