The point of bringing back old songs to vary the set lists. Muse aren't going to vary set lists by playing songs they haven't written yet, so they must play older material. I am an old fan. I've liked them for about 9 years. I want them to play old songs. My favourite Muse song (at least one of my favourites) is Undisclosed Desires however. But I'd rather them play songs from Showbiz and OoS than the same old single heavy set lists every night because they've become a living greatest hits album. Muse are not one of those bands where the singles are necessarily their best songs. Do not be so quick so generalise old fans.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

On the Showbiz front...I love that album, because it got me into Muse and is very much my defining album for my teenage years cos I played it to death.

But gig-wise, I have to say my favourite era is the Absolution era. I had so much fun at those gigs, even though the band were "more" commercial by that point. But who gives a shit about that so long as you like the music?

Oh and I've said before, I'm so over Citizen Erased I'd be happy if it's never played again :LOL:

I wish Muse had taken their time, done this for album #4:

Take a Bow

Map of the Problematique

Resistance

Uprising

Supermassive Black Hole

United States of Eurasia

Assassin (long version)

MK Ultra

City of Delusion

Hoodoo

Knights of Cydonia

Then had these as singles:

Uprising (free download)

Supermassive Black Hole (b-sides: Crying shame, I Belong To You [short])

Map of the Problematique (b-sides: Starlight, Undisclosed Desires)

Knights of Cydonia (b-sides: Soldiers Poem, Exo-Politics)

MK Ultra (b-sides: Invincible, Glorious)

And then Exogenesis as a lengthier piece and a seperate EP maybe 18 months later.

Edited by Mozza

Then had these as singles:

Uprising (free download)

Supermassive Black Hole (b-sides: Crying shame, I Belong To You [short])

Map of the Problematique (b-sides: Starlight, Undisclosed Desires)

Knights of Cydonia (b-sides: Soldiers Poem, Exo-Politics)

Map of the Problematique (b-sides: Invincible, Glorious)

MotP twice? I know its awesome but still :LOL:

When it comes to spontanuity live, I no longer believe that Matt's head could blow up or that he could kill Dom or that he could get naked and fuck Chris.

:LOL:

For what it's worth, I can still see Matt's head blowing up being a possibility. :LOL:

When it comes to spontanuity live, I no longer believe that Matt's head could blow up or that he could kill Dom or that he could get naked and fuck Chris.

You are rather correct I believe, as Muse's live shows now are so ordered and obvious it makes me infuriated that I was 6 in 2000 and not 16, so that I could have seen them play with some energy with my own eyes instead of having to enviously watch old live vids or Hullabaloo...still, never look a gift horse in the mouth...

Black Holes and Revelations is the best Muse album lyrically.

I disagree - too many conspiracy theory and spacey themed songs on one album for that to be the case. Hoodoo stands out, as well as a couple of others, but most of them don't.

I disagree. I think Absolution is leagues better lyrically.

+1