HCM is not boring.

:awesome:

:shifty:

Replacing TIRO with Bliss would make the setlists better.

TIRO replaced with practically any song 2006 or before would make the setlists quite a bit better. Honestly, will the casual fans really get that upset if they drop one single? :rolleyes: TIRO is getting old.

(Haven't read the last 200 pages)

Okay. *deep breath*

The old stuff Muse did is boring (ie. the two first albums). There's a reason they didn't get popular back then. Uprising is fucking awesome. Undisclosed Desires alike. United States of Eurasia is the best song ever. The later songs have actual melodies, and are possible to listen to without being a die hard-fan. And people whining about not caring about the old fans should die, because fresh blood > old blood. You need to keep up and not be so fucking nostalgic.

The old songs (again, first two albums) sound too much like each other. The only reason I like them is because I love Muse, so I've learned to like them.

There. Had they released the The Resistance album first, and recently released Origin of Symmetry, you guys hating the newer things would sound exactly the same. Shame on you.

:LOL: No, I mean this. I never would have listened to Muse if they only had the boring tracks from the first albums.

Fire in the hole.

Okay. *deep breath*

The old stuff Muse did is boring (ie. the two first albums). There's a reason they didn't get popular back then. Uprising is fucking awesome. Undisclosed Desires alike. United States of Eurasia is the best song ever. The later songs have actual melodies, and are possible to listen to without being a die hard-fan. And people whining about not caring about the old fans should die, because fresh blood > old blood. You need to keep up and not be so fucking nostalgic.

The old songs (again, first two albums) sound too much like each other. The only reason I like them is because I love Muse, so I've learned to like them.

There. Had they released the The Resistance album first, and recently released Origin of Symmetry, you guys hating the newer things would sound exactly the same. Shame on you.

:LOL: No, I mean this. I never would have listened to Muse if they only had the boring tracks from the first albums.

Fire in the hole.

I know this is like opinions and stuff, but half the stuff you just said makes no sense.

Okay. *deep breath*

Fire in the hole.

How so? It might be because English is not my primary language.

You speak it perfectly well but saying that people who say Muse don't care about the old fans should "die" is a bit extreme because all they want is a few songs that aren't commercial singles. Also you say if The Resistance was released first the reaction would be the same? Personally if that happened I would be thinking how much better the second album was than the first! Apart from thinking that since OoS/Absolution they have been on a slow decline. One final point, boring tracks from the first albums? So every song off Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry is boring? :erm:

Okay. *deep breath*

Fire in the hole.

I like the new stuff as much as the old stuff, but the idea that there are Muse fans who don't like OOS and Showbiz (the only ones that were out when I first heard them) terrifies me.

Okay. *deep breath*

Fire in the hole.

In terms of sheer downright controversy. This post wins.

I like the new stuff as much as the old stuff, but the idea that there are Muse fans who don't like OOS and Showbiz (the only ones that were out when I first heard them) terrifies me.

Sorry what? The idea that people who don't like everything Muse have ever done terrifies you?

Sorry what? The idea that people who don't like everything Muse have ever done terrifies you?

I don't have a problem with it in principle and I don't think it's a bad thing he doesn't like them. It's just weird to me personally because those albums are what define what I expect from the band if you know what I mean, I still kind of see everything released later as 'new stuff' because it wasn't already old when I heard it (this makes sense in my head :LOL:)

I don't like Showbiz at all and I only like a few songs off OOS.

Did this make the hair rise on your neck? ;)

Okay. *deep breath*

Fire in the hole.

Oh my God...:LOL: I'm not even going to say anything. Nope. No... *pulls at eye sockets* :(

Melodies? So you're saying... the older songs don't have melodies? :LOL:What? And the first two albums are completely different. All the Muse albums are different in so many ways.

If you think I should die, then.. Wow, I think you're going a little over the top. I'm not being so fucking nostalgic, I just have a different point of view to you- I don't want to keep up, because I like the older stuff better and there's nothing else to it. I don't want to keep up with this cheesy pop nonsense.

Edited by xbroken_ideals