I listened.. I don't like it :noey:

About Exogenesis, too many to quote but at first I didn't like it so much. And a lot of people that I know who like Muse don't like The Resistance because of Exo. I think maybe because it's so different to everything else that they've done?

For the record, now I think it's absolutely beautiful. Have to be in a certain mood to listen to it though. Overture is the best out of the three :p

I disagree about Redemption. It should be longer.

CP maybe feels a little rushed, should also be a few minutes longer.

I'm not really disagreeing but I'm saying the first part of Redemption feels a bit... drawn out.

And Blackout is, depending on my mood, #2 or #3 for me. It is an atypical but extraordinary song.

I can understand the comments about Exo 'not fitting' in with the rest of TR. It's so different and self-contained that it contrasts starkly with the precise flow of the rest of the album (almost all the songs but especially Resistance and UD sound better when the album is played from the start in order). It's probably better to think of IBTY as the closer and Exo as its own thing... because, boy, does it work as its own thing.

Edited by spark_

Blackout is one of the best album tracks Muse has ever released. :awesome:

Blackout is such a great song, but its kind of a conundrum :erm:. Because it's SO GOOD. I mean it's amazing and beautiful, but then you listen to a song like City of Delusion or Knights (whatever your flavor) and they're so complex but epic at the same time. It's like perfect versus more perfect, and I know that doesn't make any sense but that's why it's so hard to decide these things :$. So to say Blackout is good is definitely true, but to say it's one of the best is something else. Rambling over! :D

Starlight >>> SMBH

City of Delution >>> Knights of Cydonia,

ok may be not, but I will Aveeeeeenge >>> (Ha Ya Ya, Ha Ya Ya)'s

+1

Starlight is great. SMBH is the only Muse song that I don't like. It's just... blah. Although, live, I enjoy it.

City of Delusion is a close runner up to KoC for best track on BH&R.

Blackout is such a great song, but its kind of a conundrum :erm:. Because it's SO GOOD. I mean it's amazing and beautiful, but then you listen to a song like City of Delusion or Knights (whatever your flavor) and they're so complex but epic at the same time. It's like perfect versus more perfect, and I know that doesn't make any sense but that's why it's so hard to decide these things :$. So to say Blackout is good is definitely true, but to say it's one of the best is something else. Rambling over! :D

Things don't have to be complex or hard to play to be perfect. I think its simplicity is what makes it so beautiful. And it also has a level of emotion that KoC or CoD don't have. :yesey:

fuck. yes. love that song.

Starlight >>> SMBH

City of Delusion >>> Knights of Cydonia,

starlight LIVE HAARP > SMBH imo. i don't care much for starlight studio version. idk why. it sounds magical live.

and "i will aveeeenge..." = one of my favorite parts of a muse song ever.

Only highlights from Glasto 2010 are the performances of CE and SS.

Starlight >>> SMBH

City of Delusion >>> Knights of Cydonia,

SMBH is far superior to Starlight live,mainly because of the riffs.

COD is a great song live,however it is weak album wise.

Fury is a very mediocre Muse song, and a very boring live song.

:eek::noey:

+1

:yesey:

It absolutely is, and I'm glad I'm not the only one agreeing with you here. The live version is amazing as well, and it would make my day if they played it when I see them in December.

i thought the glasto setlist was solid, and nobody who wasn't there should whine over it too much.. :)

It was a bit of an anti-climax with all the hype it was getting with being "a whole new level for the band" and "very very special guest". It was a ordinary cover, and The Edge? Come on!

A good gig, not anything special though.

It was a bit of an anti-climax with all the hype it was getting with being "a whole new level for the band" and "very very special guest". It was a ordinary cover, and The Edge? Come on!

A good gig, not anything special though.

That's what you get for taking what they say seriously :p

I think Glastonbury 2010 was better than 04, from what I've seen on youtube.

Drums and vocals are miles better in '10. Say what you will about Muse's live show these days, but I think they're at the top of their game right now.