:LOL::LOL:

In my case, it's the opposite. My dad loves Dom the most.

btw, your sig is hilarious!

Yours too, especially the gif :LOL: That actually bring me to another story of when we were watching Hullabaloo. We we were watching that part happen on the tv and this conversation occurred.

Both: *laughing hysterically*

Me: Oh man, I love this part!

Dad: I have seen many people smash guitars. This is, however, the first time I've seen a giant pick up a midget, run around, throw him to the ground, and both of them getting up and jumping on the drummer and demolishing drums. This might be the part I love most about these guys.

:awesome:

Yours too, especially the gif :LOL: That actually bring me to another story of when we were watching Hullabaloo. We we were watching that part happen on the tv and this conversation occurred.

Both: *laughing hysterically*

Me: Oh man, I love this part!

Dad: I have seen many people smash guitars. This is, however, the first time I've seen a giant pick up a midget, run around, throw him to the ground, and both of them getting up and jumping on the drummer and demolishing drums. This might be the part I love most about these guys.

:awesome:

I didn't even read the part that said you were watching Hullabaloo and I knew what he was talking about. :LOL:

So I'm in the car today, right, sitting in the backseat while dad drives and mom controls the music with her iPod. She picks Supermassive Black Hole, and my dad immediately goes wtf is this??? (:LOL:) Mom says they're his eldest daughter's favorite 'noise'. Which is funny, because she likes SMBH more than I do. It's one of three Muse songs she likes. :facepalm:

I force her to switch to Knights of Cydonia, and eventually she does. Dad gets totally into it, even before the crazy outro. He's all..."this Muse...do you have CDs?"

"Yeah, dad, I have six CDs, a bunch of B-sides, and live performances of the show I saw in April."

And then he goes, "Give me all the heavy songs." :awesome::dance::awesome:

I knew this would happen eventually. I am so proud I could cry. I'mma give him Dead Star, Assassin, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Futurism...he'll join the world of the pwoper Musers and like it!

Next time Muse come to Arizona, he's gonna be in the pit with me, rocking out. :awesome: He can keep me from being crushed; he's the right size for it and everything. :LOL:

So I'm in the car today, right, sitting in the backseat while dad drives and mom controls the music with her iPod. She picks Supermassive Black Hole, and my dad immediately goes wtf is this??? (:LOL:) Mom says they're his eldest daughter's favorite 'noise'. Which is funny, because she likes SMBH more than I do. It's one of three Muse songs she likes. :facepalm:

I force her to switch to Knights of Cydonia, and eventually she does. Dad gets totally into it, even before the crazy outro. He's all..."this Muse...do you have CDs?"

"Yeah, dad, I have six CDs, a bunch of B-sides, and a live performances of the show I saw in April."

I knew this would happen eventually. I am so proud I could cry. I'mma give him Dead Star, Assassin, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Futurism...he'll join the world of the pwoper Musers and like it!

Next time Muse come to Arizona, he's gonna be in the pit with me, rocking out. :awesome: He can keep me from being crushed; he's the right size for it and everything. :LOL:

Awesome! :awesome: I cant convert my family, they're too uneducated :noey:

I was photoediting for my highschool newspaper today and i normally play DJ on the mac and Muse is about all I play.

So my Muse playlist is basically every song just randomized and i had it going and everyone else in the class kind of tunes it out because their not fans, but i have converted a few ( including my teacher who is the last person i expected, but by the end of the year went and bought OoS haha)

Typically I play muse on low volume so i can enjoy it and not disturb anyone else, but loud enough for my teacher to hear cause hes a fan now haha

anyways, Supermassive blackhole comes on, i cringe cause I know whats about to happen. Every single girl in the class tells me to turn it up at the same time. I couldn't even enjoy it with every single female singing out of pitch and such.

So I pause it.

me" If you want me to continue playing this, your going to 1. Shut up. 2. Let me play another song at this volume"

they agreed so it played, I then cranked 'dead star' and watched their faces go from happy to pissed with such pleasure. My teacher couldnt help but laugh.

Then i got requests for "Neutron Star Collision, IBTY, and Feeling Good"

I quickly grabbed headphones and politely told them to fuck off.

Not that i dont mind the songs, i just dont want to hear 18 year old girls butcher the fuck out of favorite band.

i dont hold a grudge on twilight, just the monster it created.

Urgh.. this YouTube comment:

"Muse actually make me want to puke :|

The Killers are so much better as not everything they write sounds exactly the same which is exactly what Muse is good at.

Also the leadsinger of Muse looks like a rat!"

:fear:

Just stupid morons who don't know jack shit about the band going "spoilt rich kids", pretentious, up themselves, etc

Fuck you. You obviously don't know shit about them. Matt, Dom and Chris are the least posh people on earth :chuckle:

My sister officially qualifies. Last night, I had a bunch of CD's I was taking home from somewhere, and I gave my dad Showbiz. Not 30 seconds into Sunburn, my sister changes it to Hate This And I'll Love You, and gets mad at both of us for talking anytime during it. Then I go back to Muscle Museum, and she talks through it the entire way home.

She's also very selective about the songs I play, and always has an opinion. Yet she's aloud to blast Justin Beiber through the house.

Bitch

"Yeah, dad, I have six CDs, a bunch of B-sides, and live performances of the show I saw in April."

Muser Dads, ftw! Haha. My dad loves Muse, although I don't think he would ever go in the pit with me. Even if there weren't any pushing, he wouldn't want to stand that long. :LOL:

My brother listens to Muse, well to be specific, New Born, Plug in Baby and Time is Running Out. Though the thing is, he would always say bad things about the band or even their song just because I love them so much. :(

Also I was watching HAARP last week. Then my 1 year old nephew came and join me. When they started playing Plug In Baby. Woah. My nephew was rocking out to the song! He was also headbanging to Stockholme Syndrome! I'll be sure he'll grow up as a Muser! :D

Muser Dads, ftw! Haha. My dad loves Muse, although I don't think he would ever go in the pit with me. Even if there weren't any pushing, he wouldn't want to stand that long. :LOL:

My dad would never go to a concert with me. Especially not Muse. And even more especially not Muse in the GA.

He's sick of my obsession.

:mad: An ex-muser "friend" of mine talks about muse like they're the most disgusting thing on the planet...this coming from the person who used to play nothing BUT muse and now listens to some rap/pop shit. But at least she's not a huge fan of twilight anymore, which makes her slightly more tolerable. It's weird...she used to know every single (well...mostly) muse song...but now all she recognizes is SMBH?

A little while ago in English our teacher told us to write some similies and metaphors that we heard in everyday media. I looked at my friend's paper, and this was written there:

'And she attacks me like a leo, when my heart is split like Rio' - Undisclosed Desires by Muse

:facepalm:

I swear there's something about KoC and dads :LOL: It's become one of my dad's favorites from Muse along with Falling Down, Hysteria, Unnatural Selection, and SMBH (:eek:). He even said that he'd be disappointed if they didn't play KoC and SMBH over at the LA concert. Told him that he'd probably wouldn't have to worry about that :rolleyes:. Then he told me to scream at them to play Falling Down. All I did was reply, "Ummm.....it's going to be quite unlikely that they'll play that :(."

My parents like to laugh at me a lot about my Muse paranoia. i'm REALLY addicted. and they laugh like 'kada tas kuisiu (musiu) koncertas?' (when is this fly concert?)(muse in lithuanian is a fly(insect)). They are talking 'bout Wembley. My mum likes to listen to me playing Muse on the piano, but she doesn't like the recorded songs. GAH!:mad:

I got so pissed off back when Starlight was just released. Before BH&R came out, I was trying to convert my friends. Sadly, I was the only at school who knew Muse existed. When the radio station here started to play Starlight, then most of my friend would go like "Hey, have you heard of Starlight? Great song! I love Muse so much". I was like, urgh, before you didn't even care and now you're saying you love them when you've only heard of one song!?

But right now, most of my college friends know about Muse. Though, they've probably only heard of SMBH, Starlight, Uprising, etc.

Then one of my friend tried to "test" me. He asked me what was the name of the song that had contradiction in it. So I answered TIRO, and he was like "..." after a minute or two, he'd say "oh yeah. You're right!"

I'm like...:rolleyes:

A good mate of mine, who is a great person, has the strangest taste in music. He's quite a skilled pianist, listens to a lot of classical music.... yet his favourite musicians are Taylor Swift and Akon.

Whenever there's rock music playing in my car, he would always say "What is this rock crap? Rock is shite!" I played Exogenesis for him, hoping that would hark to his classical appreciation, but he was indifferent about it. And he intentionally hates Muse because I love them.

Last November, we went to Byron Bay, the eastern most bay in mainland Australia, and we went to the lighthouse, which was the Eastern most point of the bay, and watched the sunrise (one of the most ethereal experiences you can ever have), and he said he will play some music on his iPhone to accompany this breath-taking scene. HE STARTED PLAYING AKON. Needless to say, we all facepalmed.

A good mate of mine, who is a great person, has the strangest taste in music. He's quite a skilled pianist, listens to a lot of classical music.... yet his favourite musicians are Taylor Swift and Akon.

Whenever there's rock music playing in my car, he would always say "What is this rock crap? Rock is shite!" I played Exogenesis for him, hoping that would hark to his classical appreciation, but he was indifferent about it. And he intentionally hates Muse because I love them.

Last November, we went to Byron Bay, the eastern most bay in mainland Australia, and we went to the lighthouse, which was the Eastern most point of the bay, and watched the sunrise (one of the most ethereal experiences you can ever have), and he said he will play some music on his iPhone to accompany this breath-taking scene. HE STARTED PLAYING AKON. Needless to say, we all facepalmed.

Punch him in the gut.

I was over at my parent's place on Friday after getting tickets to a Muse concert in December. My step dad is at home and is on the phone to my mum (who is also a Muse fan...my influence of course :happy:) and the conversation goes like this.....

Mum (on the phone) did you tell him your good news?

Step dad: What good news????

Me: No! :D Mum and i got tickets to the Muse concert!!!!!

Step dad:..........Oh.....I thought it was going to be something important!

Me: :eek: That is important!

My step dad says he doesn't like Muse because he hears them too much.....he only hears them when he has to use mum's or my car....(which isn't that often).....we always leave a Muse cd in the car so he has to listen to them! :chuckle:

I have two non-muser friends. One who calls muse girl music and the other that calls it death music....Well, if i have to listen to how wrong they are i'm at least getting a diverse range of wrong.

I have two non-muser friends. One who calls muse girl music and the other that calls it death music....Well, if i have to listen to how wrong they are i'm at least getting a diverse range of wrong.

:LOL: One of my friend said it sounded metal, and another said it sounded too "orchestra" :rolleyes:

My mom and I just had this conversation over the phone.

Mom: So...I was reading US magazine, and that guy from Muse...Matthew...

Me: Bellamy?

Mom: Ya, do you know who it's rumored he's dating?

Me: Kate Hudson.

Mom: Ya, how did you know?

Me: I've known for two weeks.

Mom: You're a stalker.

Me: No I'm noooooot. I'm just a really big fan.

Mom: Well, to be honest he's not that hot.

Me: He's alright. But the drummer is HAAAWT.

Mom: I'll have to see a picture of him, Mrs. Stalker.

I think she's finally realized the obsession :facepalm:

Archived