Dead Star Discussion Thread

Luigi.

I absolutely love this song, love the lyrics and love the music, the exciting atmosphere, Matt's voice and the harmonies.

However, I am wondering, when he says "shame on you for thinking you are all alone..." and then you hear "thashpshblblash" it sorta sound like he is saying "that's buls***" (yeah, I put asterisks in....)

They do not swear very often, and the song is very gaspy and salivily *not a real word* (that is what makes thing song so awesome). Maybe it is a guitar and his voice together? It goes with the lyrics, so I don't know.

So I was curious as to what everyone thinks. I've looked in lyrics before and have not seen it. And I am no synth/guitar/vocal expert, maybe it is in the music?

Let me know what you think! (Also if this has already been talked about, I could not find it, sorry ahead of time)

I absolutely love this song, love the lyrics and love the music, the exciting atmosphere, Matt's voice and the harmonies.

However, I am wondering, when he says "shame on you for thinking you are all alone..." and then you hear "thashpshblblash" it sorta sound like he is saying "that's buls***" (yeah, I put asterisks in....)

They do not swear very often, and the song is very gaspy and salivily *not a real word* (that is what makes thing song so awesome). Maybe it is a guitar and his voice together? It goes with the lyrics, so I don't know.

So I was curious as to what everyone thinks. I've looked in lyrics before and have not seen it. And I am no synth/guitar/vocal expert, maybe it is in the music?

Let me know what you think! (Also if this has already been talked about, I could not find it, sorry ahead of time)

It's been suggested before and it's fairly clear that he doesn't say it. It's nothing to do with what his guitar's doing, he's just making noises into the microphone.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

had an idea..why not try to convince Muse to play Dead Star as a regular on this tour by making somekind of fan petition or video campaign so they really notice..i think Dead Star is a rarity we can all agree on loving and wanting to be played, hm? ;)

• 1 month later...
Watched Liams multicam video of Dead Cuts the other day. Damn it's good. A song that really should be enjoyable live whether you know it or not.

Just watched that now, amazing.

I'm just glad that Muse didn't do Micro Star and put the Dead Star outro with the Micro Cuts verses and chorus. In my opinion both songs are stronger the way they were played (Dead Star intro/verses/chorus - Micro Cuts outro).

Just watched that now, amazing.

I'm just glad that Muse didn't do Micro Star and put the Dead Star outro with the Micro Cuts verses and chorus. In my opinion both songs are stronger the way they were played (Dead Star intro/verses/chorus - Micro Cuts outro).

ie you're glad they didn't do it the other way around.

You're welcome.

Archived