Dead Star Discussion Thread

Luigi.

Thank you for this thread. I recently rediscovered this song and now I'm completely addicted.

+1, when I saw Muse at Teingmouth I never had heard the studio version, only the hullaballoo live and I wasn't overly keen, since I heard the studio and V fest '08 dead star has become one of my all time favourites :D

+1, when I saw Muse at Teingmouth I never had heard the studio version, only the hullaballoo live and I wasn't overly keen, since I heard the studio and V fest '08 dead star has become one of my all time favourites :D

Hah same here.

It truly is a "pwoper head banging song".

• 3 weeks later...

They used the Dead Star riff for one of their big rock endings for a song at the last Rod Laver gig in Melb. Can't exactly remember which track..... but it was memorable.

Went off its head ...... frog in a sock type stuff:LOL:

Still the most \m/ thing Muse have ever done.

Just makes me wonder what happened to Muse's rock-sensibilities :(.

I don't think anything is wrong with Muse's rock sensibilities, it just comes out in different ways. Not all rock is of one kind, and as Muse fans I think this is most glaringly obvious to us.

I love Dead Star though, in fact, that entire single is amazing to me, In Your World and Futurism are awesome too and Can't Get My Eyes Off You is a really fun cover.

• 2 months later...

have you people seen this video, it says "official video"--or, "made for tv"?! i know they aired it on mtv, as you can see

--the qualities not so great on that one though. anywho, i think this video it AWESOME (kind of reminds me of the yes please clip-from hullabaloo) and definitely worth checking out.

:awesome:

Archived