Twilight fans?

Me Rug I Sty

Do you like Twilight?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Twilight?

• I hate it
    • I like it. But I didn't get into muse from it
    • I like it, but only the books, and didn't get into Muse because of it.
    • It got me into Muse, and still like it.
    • It got me into muse, but I've gone off it

I was just wondering... How many people of the ones who voted that they hate it, actually did read the books?

For me the whole Twilight - Muse thing comes out of the books, since Muse is mentionned in every book. The movies are much worse then the books... and the Edward-actor-guy is ugly. (forgot his name)

You're missing used to like it, my addiction to Muse have never had anything to do with it, and I can't believe I fell for it, it makes no sense now...

I am pretty convinced they have printed the books with paper containing some kind of love potion that is released automatically when exposed to air. The only known antidote from this concoction is apparently the New Moon movie...

I love Muse, but I only like Twilight. I've been a Muse fan since my boyfriend introduced me to them at age 16, and I was into Twilight from reading the books before the movie rights had even been sold. It's cool that they included some Muse in the movies, since they inspired Stephenie Meyer so much, but the results are not so cool.

I have to admit, it's extremely annoying that all of these 14 year olds like Muse just because they have a song in each movie. They piss me off. They don't understand that Muse is a great band, and that the songs included in the movies aren't even their best work. They only say "OmFgZzZz MuSe iS dA BeStEsT bAnD eVuRr!" because they want to believe they're like Stephenie, or like Bella, or whatever their ridiculous fantasy is. Damn teeny-boppers with bad taste, they probably all love Justin Bieber too...:mad:

I've read the Twilight series, but I've known Muse before this whole thing with Twilight started. I'm a teenger (Screenager) and I read Twilight, but I never got into Muse from it, nor do I obsess over Twilight. I just thought, "Oh, that's cool an author likes Muse too." Me being a teenager (I prefer Screenager..) does not automatically make me a Twilight obsesser :p

Twilight was one of those book series that I read once and probably never read again. To be honest, yes it gets annoying when all these teenagers who love Twilight oh so much think they're all fans of Muse just because of Supermassive Black Hole used in the movie, but to me this is normal. You see, Twilight and all this craze is a Fad (No, not Fag :LOL:, F-A-D, fad xDDD) and we all know that Fads come and go (sometimes come back...). So I think this whole craze will be over once all the books are made into movies. Which to me will be over fast because I think the third movie is coming out in July (?) Then the 4th would probably come out some time during the beginning of 2011. I don't keep track of these things.

Just my opinion anywayz...

Wellll, I think ima just say that my obsession with Twilight (which unfortunately came first) and my obsession with Muse are almost completely unrelated, other than the fact I first found Muse through Twilight. :p

I became addicted to the Twilight books about a month before the first film came out, saw the film and thought 'OMG TWILIGHT IT'S SO AMAZINGGG AHHHH' aka basic typical fangirl reaction (for the record I NEVER liked Robert Pattinson. Or Taylor Lautner. Or any of them.), but tbh I still remember the baseball scene (aka Muse's bit) as being the best bit of the movie :p. I remember thinking 'oh my god this song is amazing!' And then my friend sent me the soundtrack so I was all like ':awesome: Twilight music!'

'Then about 2 weeks later I saw the film again and thought 'my lord this is actually so bad it's funny!' but I was still in love with the books and stuff.. haha my friendpeoples were all as obsessed as me so we basically spent the rest of that year laughing at the characters :p

And throughout all this I was listening to the soundtrack and my 'Twilight Playlist' :facepalm:, and SMBH was my favourite song.. I really wish I'd looked into the rest of their stuff sooner. :( I remember I found Apocalypse Please and Map of the Problematique and listened to them since SMBH was my top played song, but I thought they were really weird and never listened to them again. :(

Sooo.. my Twilight obsession kinda went away to just being 'I like the books but the film's so bad it's funny'. Then I kept hearing Uprising on the radio and thinking 'wowww I <3 this :awesome:', then when TR came out I bought that; listened to it once and thought 'this is weird. :stunned:; listened to it again and thought 'OMG THIS IS AMAZING!' and downloaded BH&R and Abso. A month later I saw them at Sheffield, and bought all their albums in actual CD format the next day. :p And ever since then I've just got more and more Muse obsessed..

So yeah, although SMBH was the first Muse song I fell in love with, I think it was more TR that got me into them.

It does annoy me that people still seem to think I'm totally Twilight obsessed (which I'm not). Also what annoys me is that they think that just because I like the books it automatically means I am completely in love with Edward Cullen/Robert Pattinson or Jacob Black/Taylor Lautner. I'm not; I've never liked either of them. :facepalm:

If anyone actually read that, you should get a gold sticker and a banana. :D

I've read the books but haven't seen any of the films. I sort of liked the first book although I thought it was badly written. So I read the rest of the books as well and I still wonder why. What a waste of time it was for me. Well, maybe I'm not exactly in the target group :D I didn't vote because I don't hate Twilight or Twilighters. But I have to say I would love to see Muse associated with literature that would be on the same level with Muse artistically.

I watched the first Twilight movie out of curiosity. I admit that's all. I thought it was terrible, but I was trying to keep an open mind about it the whole to see what the fuss was all about.

I actually discovered Twilight through Muse, though I heard people talk about the books when they first came out. I just had no idea what it was at the time and only later realized it was Twilight.

wow, the haters arent the majority (if we dont count got-off-ers as haters)

thats a shock ive gotta say!

its hardly a sophisticatedly written set of books, but people take it too seriously. reading hasnt always got to be a slog, it doesnt hurt to read something for escapism once in a while, and the twilight series did that for me. the first time i read them i really loved them, and rereading them has made me like them less, but i still definately think they're really good. and i like the first film (first time i watched it i didnt so much, second time i did, third i loved it...its a grower). the second im undecided cos ive only seen it once lol. thing is though, i dont rate kristen stewart, she doesnt convey bella's sense of humour and i dont think shes capable of showing any other emotion than miserable lol

Amazon? Are you in the UK? Shouldn't cost more than about £5.

Then there are the DVDs. HAARP (live at Wembley Stadium in 2007), Absolution Tour (mostly Glastonbury 2004) and Hullabaloo (Le Zenith, Paris, in 2001 I think).

You're going to be spending a lot of money :LOL:

I bought Origins...

I am not from Europe... Unfortunatly... I bought my Origins CD for 16$ CAD.

They have the HAARP LIVE cd for 30$, it's kinda expensive... ^^;;;

Other then that, they don't have anything else... I bought it all!

What idiot says that? They sold out Wembley Stadium twice before anyone had ever heard of the Twilight films.

Well, like it or not, they are more well-known in the states because of the books/movies. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably delusional.

When Twilight came out in theaters I fell in love with it... I knew it wasn't written well but it was addicting, at the time anyway. I got the CD and heard Muse on it, but I didn't like them at all. I know, fail! Well, I had terrible music taste back then. Then when The Resistance came out I was on iTunes and it was like #3 album so I checked it out and I liked it. But I grew out of my Twilight phase. I have grown much distaste for it actually. And now I love SMBH. So I guess mine would be, "Liked Twilight, didn't like Muse, then hated Twilight, loved Muse." Or something like that.

Even when I liked Twilight I didn't understand why they played SMBH during baseball... it didn't make sense.

I heard of Muse through Twilight. :$ I thought the books were entertaining but poorly written. I kept meaning to check out Muse because the author praised them so much but I never got around to it. I HATED the movie though. A friend who got me into the books bought me the DVD when it came out & I watched SMBH at Wembley. I thought it was good, but it didn't make me want to run out & buy their CD. Then I heard TIRO on the radio a few weeks later & liked it so I decided to buy HAARP because I knew it had two songs on it that I already liked. MotP is the song that really blew my mind & made me realize the sheer genius of Muse. I ended up buying an album every payday until I had them all.

I hate it when people call them the Twilight band. It has actually put me off the whole Twilight thing. As someone else already posted, the "fans" who only know Muse songs from the movies will either forget about them in a year or so, or they'll buy an album and become true fans.

Sorry for the long, rambling post- I feel like I'm in a confession booth admitting some shameful secret! :LOL:

I have to admit, it's extremely annoying that all of these 14 year olds like Muse just because they have a song in each movie. They piss me off. They don't understand that Muse is a great band, and that the songs included in the movies aren't even their best work. They only say "OmFgZzZz MuSe iS dA BeStEsT bAnD eVuRr!" because they want to believe they're like Stephenie, or like Bella, or whatever their ridiculous fantasy is. Damn teeny-boppers with bad taste, they probably all love Justin Bieber too...:mad:

Completely true.

Thank GOD I didn't hear about Muse through Twilight. Knew about them way before, and I actually held off on reading the books until last year. Insisted I wasn't into "stupid vampire shit," lol. I will admit I enjoy the books, but the movies are completely diasppointing. Best part of the DVD for Twilight?...Muse vid. :LOL:

Well, like it or not, they are more well-known in the states because of the books/movies. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably delusional.

There's a difference between 'only famous because' and 'more well known because'. I recognise that they're more well known in the states because of Twilight but they were already huge in Europe and other parts of the world.

Archived