Twilight fans?

Me Rug I Sty

Do you like Twilight?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Twilight?

• I hate it
    • I like it. But I didn't get into muse from it
    • I like it, but only the books, and didn't get into Muse because of it.
    • It got me into Muse, and still like it.
    • It got me into muse, but I've gone off it

yes another twilight thread :rolleyes:

I recieved a text from a friend

"people who like twilight's opinions don't matter. So basically Muse's fanbase"

it was probably a wind up, but i'm making the poll anyway to see how many here are actually twilighters.

And I know most replies will be anti twilight, but that isn't the intention of the thread.

I fucking hate Twilight.

I had heard Muse in late 2007 ( i think it was Starlight?) but SMBH was the song that made me think "Hang on, these guys are good."

Never said I loved the movie. I watched the movie, hated it but loved the music.

So therefore, I hate Twilight, am not a Twatlighter, but mainly heard Muse through the movie itself.

/endrant

To say that Muse's fanbase are all Twilighters would be to disregard the people who have been listening to Muse for the nine or so years before Twilight (movie) came out.

The Twilight fangirls who only know SMBH and IBTY make up a tiny fraction of Muse's fans and will have forgotten about the band by this time next year.

Lots of H-eight (see whut I did thar?) for it. I dont see the influence Muse has had on any of the books.

"Damn it, Bella! You will be the death of me!" - Edward Cullen "Twilight"

Right there ^. That's the "influence" Muse had on the books. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I don't get why there are Muse fans who have to feel elitist and hate on the Twilighters. As long as people are listening to Muse, isn't that what it's all about?

Honestly, I don't get why there are Muse fans who have to feel elitist and hate on the Twilighters. As long as people are listening to Muse, isn't that what it's all about?

Hate the silly fans who go to a gig just to hear SMBH but why hate the books and films just because Muse are on the soundtrack.

It seems to be the, ahem, less mature fans who are the rabid Twilight-haters.

I got the Twilight movie for my birthday and when I watched it, that's where I heard S'MBH for the first time... At the end of the DVD, they had a video about the song and I couldn't help myself but immediatly fall in love with their music.

My friend introduced me to Hysteria, then, it captured my attention, I bought Black Holes and Revelations and The Resistance that moment I could get to a music store. Listened to both CDs and they are awesome... I recently bought Absolution and I am looking forward to buying Origins Of Symmetry pretty soon.

I don't know if it is because of Twilight, but my love for MUSE ressembles the one I had for Dream Theater as a teenager... :)

That's my story.

:facepalm:

I got the Twilight movie for my birthday and when I watched it, that's where I heard S'MBH for the first time... At the end of the DVD, they had a video about the song and I couldn't help myself but immediatly fall in love with their music.

My friend introduced me to Hysteria, then, it captured my attention, I bought Black Holes and Revelations and The Resistance that moment I could get to a music store. Listened to both CDs and they are awesome... I recently bought Absolution and I am looking forward to buying Origins Of Symmetry pretty soon.

I don't know if it is because of Twilight, but my love for MUSE ressembles the one I had for Dream Theater as a teenager... :)

That's my story.

:facepalm:

You're going to love Absolution and Origin of Symmetry. They're Muse's best albums by a long way. You should also get Hullaballoo which contains lots of b-sides and live tracks. Muse do amazing b-sides.

You're going to love Absolution and Origin of Symmetry. They're Muse's best albums by a long way. You should also get Hullaballoo which contains lots of b-sides and live tracks. Muse do amazing b-sides.

You know what, I am convinced, I am going to buy Origins tonight.

I wonder if they have Hullaballo, if not, where do you think I could fetch it?

In lack of an 'I don't love it, I don't hate it. I just simply don't care about it, but see its value to those who do.And Muse entered my life waaaaay before Twilight sorrounded me. End of story' option, Im going to go with the 'I hate it.' option instead. A bit strong, but you see what I mean;)

You know what, I am convinced, I am going to buy Origins tonight.

I wonder if they have Hullaballo, if not, where do you think I could fetch it?

Amazon? Are you in the UK? Shouldn't cost more than about £5.

Then there are the DVDs. HAARP (live at Wembley Stadium in 2007), Absolution Tour (mostly Glastonbury 2004) and Hullabaloo (Le Zenith, Paris, in 2001 I think).

You're going to be spending a lot of money :LOL:

Elitist...really? :rolleyes:

All I said was I didnt see Muse's influence, besides the fact they are her favorite band. Which is cool, they are my favorite band too. I never liked any of the books, and the movies are just terrible and worsened my opinion of it period.

I consider Twilight being one of the worst movies I've ever watched, and the fact that people say 'Muse only got famous because of Twilightttt!!!¨1111!!!' annoys me.

On the other hand, they DID become a bit more famous thanks to the films.

What idiot says that? They sold out Wembley Stadium twice before anyone had ever heard of the Twilight films.

Archived