All those bands on that list suck and are unknown, who cares about them.

RatM, Rise against, Nine inch nails....yeah fairly unknown bands :rolleyes:

Pity for Arizona based fans though... What would the closest city to you that muse are touring In?

No. The last two times they played here has way before any of us knew there would be an SB 1070. The closest would probably be L.A., but it probably isn't worth it to travel 8 hrs there and 8 hrs back for one concert, now if it was for Cochella, I would go, but not for one concert

Lot's of artists are boycotting Arizona. It's called The Sound Strike. Sorry

http://www.thesoundstrike.net/

That whole situation pisses me off. What are they trying to prove by boycotting it? If they really think the law is THAT bad (I'm not saying I agree with it or anything, im just saying what they are doing is stupid) then why not have a concert, and talk to the people there telling them to do something about it? Boycotting won't do a thing except disappoint your fans. I hate when bands and celebrities think they are making a point by doing something stupid like this. I won't do something stupid like not listen to those bands that did this, but I've definitely lost a lot of respect for each one that has done that. The lead singer of Fucked Up said this and its very true

"Why not keep playing Arizona, using the shows as an opportunity to engage the people there to get involved (they are the ones after all capable to affecting change in the state), use press ops before the show to talk about what is going on in the local media, donate some of the guarantee to nomoredeaths.org or other such groups that work on the front lines fighting draconian immigration laws.... hell even get them to table at the show."

Thats actually very reasonable instead of boycotting. Now, I'm not from Arizona, but it pisses me off in general. If I actually lived in Arizona I'd probably hate these bands for this.

/rant

RatM, Rise against, Nine inch nails....yeah fairly unknown bands :rolleyes:

Pity for Arizona based fans though... What would the closest city to you that muse are touring In?

Tenacious D, Sonic Youth, Maroon 5, Gogol Bordello, My Morning Jacket, Serj Tankian (and System of a Down), Massive Attack and any other Tom Morello side project too. Yeah no one I've ever heard of :LOL:

That whole situation pisses me off. What are they trying to prove by boycotting it? If they really think the law is THAT bad (I'm not saying I agree with it or anything, im just saying what they are doing is stupid) then why not have a concert, and talk to the people there telling them to do something about it? Boycotting won't do a thing except disappoint your fans. I hate when bands and celebrities think they are making a point by doing something stupid like this. I won't do something stupid like not listen to those bands that did this, but I've definitely lost a lot of respect for each one that has done that. The lead singer of Fucked Up said this and its very true

"Why not keep playing Arizona, using the shows as an opportunity to engage the people there to get involved (they are the ones after all capable to affecting change in the state), use press ops before the show to talk about what is going on in the local media, donate some of the guarantee to nomoredeaths.org or other such groups that work on the front lines fighting draconian immigration laws.... hell even get them to table at the show."

Thats actually very reasonable instead of boycotting. Now, I'm not from Arizona, but it pisses me off in general. If I actually lived in Arizona I'd probably hate these bands for this.

/rant (I won't do that again:p)

Wow I completely agree.

SB 1070 has nothing to do with it; they just played 2 shows in Arizona for crying out loud.

This.

The reason they're not doing a show in AZ in the fall is most likely because they did 2 shows there in the spring. If I remember correctly, they announced most of the shows on this leg before the law was passed, and certainly before the boycott was announced.

I suppose we knew this from stats and from going to the shows, but its still nice to hear anyway

http://new.music.yahoo.com/various-artists/news/pollstar-reports-concert-tour-revenue-down--62002992

Major acts such as The Eagles, Christina Aguilera, Rihanna and the Lilith Fair have canceled or curtailed tours, but Pollstar editor in chief Gary Bongiovanni said others — including Lady GaGa, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and Muse — aren't having problems moving tickets.

As for the others not doing well, I suppose it sucks for them, but theres not really anyone mentioned in this article I care about other than Muse. Well and Paul McCartney. I don't really know if I'd care to see any of the others live anyway.

I suppose we knew this from stats and from going to the shows, but its still nice to hear anyway

http://new.music.yahoo.com/various-artists/news/pollstar-reports-concert-tour-revenue-down--62002992

Major acts such as The Eagles, Christina Aguilera, Rihanna and the Lilith Fair have canceled or curtailed tours, but Pollstar editor in chief Gary Bongiovanni said others — including Lady GaGa, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and Muse — aren't having problems moving tickets.

As for the others not doing well, I suppose it sucks for them, but theres not really anyone mentioned in this article I care about other than Muse. Well and Paul McCartney. I don't really know if I'd care to see any of the others live anyway.

I heard Christina Aguilera had to cancel a ton of her shows. She got called out for being a Lady Gaga imitator and it's kinda screwed her over.

AC/DC, really? Thought it would have been U2 maybe...

I'm assuming the article is only covering 2010, and U2 hasn't played any dates this year because they had to cancel all those dates, and AC/DC has played a ton.

If its going into 2009 though, then I'd figure U2 would probably be higher, selling out huge stadiums and having big name opening acts

I heard Christina Aguilera had to cancel a ton of her shows. She got called out for being a Lady Gaga imitator and it's kinda screwed her over.

yeah. the jonas brothers and american idol tours have cancelled a lot of their dates too. but thats probably a good thing actually.

Christina didn't just cancel a ton of shows, she canceled the entire tour a couple of days after tickets went on sale, and gave some lame excuse about needing time to "promote her movie". Uh huh. :rolleyes:

:LOL: that's quite the company you've found yourself in, Muse ;)

Christina didn't just cancel a ton of shows, she canceled the entire tour a couple of days after tickets went on sale, and gave some lame excuse about needing time to "promote her movie". Uh huh. :rolleyes:

That's about as lame as Limp Bizkit's excuse for canceling their summer tour because they just realized they "don't like playing in seated amphitheatres" and prefer playing in smaller venues where people can go crazy. Um, erm... :$

If Ticketmaster and Live Nation weren't having their competition over who can assrape the most people with service fees and hidden costs attached to ticket prices, then maybe more people would go to shows. The face value for shows keeps rising, despite the still sluggish economy. And when you have to pay the ticketing company's greed fee (as high as an extra 33%) on top of that, people will just find something else to do. I think Muse are benefiting from being a "must-see" show, and already have a wildly devoted fanbase from years of touring, so thankfully they're not being affected too much.

That's about as lame as Limp Bizkit's excuse for canceling their summer tour because they just realized they "don't like playing in seated amphitheatres" and prefer playing in smaller venues where people can go crazy. Um, erm... :$

If Ticketmaster and Live Nation weren't having their competition over who can assrape the most people with service fees and hidden costs attached to ticket prices, then maybe more people would go to shows. The face value for shows keeps rising, despite the still sluggish economy. And when you have to pay the ticketing company's greed fee (as high as an extra 33%) on top of that, people will just find something else to do. I think Muse are benefiting from being a "must-see" show, and already have a wildly devoted fanbase from years of touring, so thankfully they're not being affected too much.

Oh yeah, fees on those sites are ridiculous. Tickets end up a lot more expensive than they started. A few days back tickets for a show I wanted to go to was only 30 bucks, not bad at all. Well I get done and by the end the tickets are 45 dollars. And I'm getting two, so thats paying an extra 30 bucks, its like buying a third ticket. I mean, seriously? Those two sites must be making huge profits. And I hate it.

she just had a baby!!!! mabye she wants to raise that baby well so that it doesnt grow up to be a spoiled brat like most celebrity kids are. what ever dumb-ass called christina a gaga imatator, its the other way around

she just had a baby!!!! mabye she wants to raise that baby well so that it doesnt grow up to be a spoiled brat like most celebrity kids are. what ever dumb-ass called christina a gaga imatator, its the other way around

Yeah you're right, she's not a Gaga impersonator at all...

gagaxtina__opt.jpg

She's never had a consistent look. First she was a whore, then she had that 50's clean look, now she's blatantly ripping off Gaga. Don't call me a dumb ass bc you blindly defend such shit music. She got called out and she cancelled her tour. Deal with it. Just google "christina aguilera rips off lady gaga" and see for yourself.

Archived