And I gotta say the lineup for Voodoo is not impressive, especially not compared to other festivals this year. Decent enough headliners, and snagging Interpol was fantastic, but otherwise very generic and "been there, done that" feel

And I gotta say the lineup for Voodoo is not impressive, especially not compared to other festivals this year. Decent enough headliners, and snagging Interpol was fantastic, but otherwise very generic and "been there, done that" feel

I think compared to all the other smaller festivals like Outside Lands and Bumbershoot then it wins! Of course it's not going to be a lineup like Lollapalooza, but for $125, it was a steal!

It doesnt have quite as many good bands as other bigger festivals, but its cheaper to reflect that. Up until yesterday 3 day passes were only like 125 bucks.

Not only that, but it seems like its going to be a ton of fun. On halloween weekend so everyone will be in costume, and theres probably a lot of stuff to do in New Orleans that weekend too.

As far as the line-up though, theres a lot there I really wanna see, though its not jampacked like say ACL, so im hoping theres not many major conflicts here. This would be my first major festival (went to a smaller one a few weeks ago in Houston, but it didnt have quite as many big name artists, besides the Flaming Lips), so I'm incredibly excited for it. And theres still a small chance I get to go to ACL also, which would be amazing. Though I'd be missing a few days of school from those two, but screw it, its worth it :p

I think compared to all the other smaller festivals like Outside Lands and Bumbershoot then it wins! Of course it's not going to be a lineup like Lollapalooza, but for $125, it was a steal!

Outside of Muse, Metric, Interpol and the Eagles of Death Metal (and Minus the Bear!!) I can't really find anyone I'd go out of my way to see. Bumbershoot has Bob fricken Dylan headlining and a better blend of hip hop and alternative (I'm not into hip hop but overall Bumbershoot feels more diverse). Of course, I think Bumbershoot has a crappy lineup too, so that's not saying much :LOL:

Outside of Muse, Metric, Interpol and the Eagles of Death Metal (and Minus the Bear!!) I can't really find anyone I'd go out of my way to see. Bumbershoot has Bob fricken Dylan headlining and a better blend of hip hop and alternative (I'm not into hip hop but overall Bumbershoot feels more diverse). Of course, I think Bumbershoot has a crappy lineup too, so that's not saying much :LOL:

You can have Bob Dylan. He was at ACL a few years ago, BLERGH! :LOL: I'm just waiting for those strong rumors to be true and Soundgarden to be added to the Voodoo lineup. :p

You can have Bob Dylan. He was at ACL a few years ago, BLERGH! :LOL: I'm just waiting for those strong rumors to be true and Soundgarden to be added to the Voodoo lineup. :p

I'm really hoping theres at least one more big add. I'm not a big Soundgarden guy (Well I like what I've heard but haven't heard much) but that'd be better than nothing. And judging by comments I've read it please a lot of people. On the line-up page, theres also room for another headliner to be added at the top. Though they may not have meant that to happen. But I dunno.

Add another person that I'd like and I'd feel much better about the line-up, though I am excited about it, even if just see Muse again and get to see MGMT.

I was just thinking about bumping this just from feeling randomnly pissed off again that Austin City Limits is the only Texas date, and I realize it's already been moved up.

They have a lot of Texas fans, compared to many other places in America. Argh.

/bitching

I'm just bitter.:LOL: Need decaf tea & sleep

I was just thinking about bumping this just from feeling randomnly pissed off again that Austin City Limits is the only Texas date, and I realize it's already been moved up.

/bitching

Let's all just blame Kate Hudson. :p

/bitching

Its hard for me to complain when I know the Florida guys have gotten screwed over, but yeah, more Texas dates would be nice. They had that big gap where they could have easily fit them in, though I guess now they have the rescheduled dates.

Well, I'm going broke from all these concerts anyway

I think I win. ;) Honestly, I've spent way too much money on Muse-related stuff this year. Probably around $4000-5000 or so. :eek:

Oh yeah, I saw how many you are going to. Thats crazy, how do you manage that? I'm insanely jealous. I would kill to go to Wembley or any of those other US shows, just way too expensive for now. I'm going to attempt to go next tour, though my friends/family would probably view me as pretty crazy to go to London to see one band that I've already seen :p But screw them.

Oh yeah, I saw how many you are going to. Thats crazy, how do you manage that? I'm insanely jealous. I would kill to go to Wembley or any of those other US shows, just way too expensive for now. I'm going to attempt to go next tour, though my friends/family would probably view me as pretty crazy to go to London to see one band that I've already seen :p But screw them.

Oh, my parents are PISSED. I've basically dedicated every cent I make over months to this, and they just kept adding up. My dad threatened to disown me at one point. My mom yells at me daily how I was supposed to save some money towards the school year but I'm spending it all. Yeah...

Oh, my parents are PISSED. I've basically dedicated every cent I make over months to this, and they just kept adding up. My dad threatened to disown me at one point. My mom yells at me daily how I was supposed to save some money towards the school year but I'm spending it all. Yeah...

Ouch. But, it is your money, and like Arman said memories>money. Enjoy life while you can, and seeing Muse is one of the best ways to do that I'd say. All the concerts will be a ton of fun.

lol sounds like my parents. My mom gets after me about "spending money on useless shit". But the way I see it you're the one earning the money then you can spend it however you like :phu:.

lol sounds like my parents. My mom gets after me about "spending money on useless shit". But the way I see it you're the one earning the money then you can spend it however you like :phu:.

Exactly. Besides, if parents think seeing Muse is "spending money on useless shit" than I can't say I respect their opinion much on how I spend my money anyway. :p

That being said, I don't have that much money to begin with! Haha.

Archived