Songs where the verses are better than the chorus?

m0hawk

All opinionated, of course. As for mine:

Space Dementia

Plug in Baby

Citizen Erased

Time is Running Out

In Your World

Map of the Problematique

Resistance

They really improved on the choruses after Origin. Absolution had really climatic choruses.

All opinionated, of course. As for mine:

Space Dementia

Plug in Baby

Citizen Erased

Time is Running Out

In Your World

Map of the Problematique

Resistance

They really improved on the choruses after Origin. Absolution had really climatic choruses.

Plug in Baby and Citizen Erased? No way! The choruses are the best parts in both of those songs!

-1. One of the Best Muse choruses IMO..."Your minds about to fall" gets me so amped everytime

Resistance, Dead Star/In Your World, Hyper Music, Time Is running out, Hysteria.

I didn't say it was bad, just not as good as the verse

I love both but the verse is better

Plug in Baby and Citizen Erased? No way! The choruses are the best parts in both of those songs!

While they are the most "rock-out" parts of the songs, I still prefer the way the verses are sung. In Citizen Erased, especially, Matt's sincere voice on top of that wonderful chord progression is made of win and awesomesauce.

Completely off the topic, does anyone here like The Arcade Fire? They use strings in many of their songs, some to almost Musey effect. Listen to "Crown of Love" from their first album, Funeral.

Uprising and Resistance are the worst for that off the new album. Both build up pretty well but the choruses are pants, they just really don't take off.

Unnatural Selection to an extent too.

Not sure what people were getting at with Map of the Problematique though. Doesn't that even have a chorus? Space Dementia's chorus grew on me, if you can call it that. The build up of that song is focused on more than the refrain is. And Citizen Erased's chorus is perfect for me. : )

Uprising and Resistance are the worst for that off the new album. Both build up pretty well but the choruses are pants, they just really don't take off.

Unnatural Selection to an extent too.

Not sure what people were getting at with Map of the Problematique though. Doesn't that even have a chorus? Space Dementia's chorus grew on me, if you can call it that. The build up of that song is focused on more than the refrain is. And Citizen Erased's chorus is perfect for me. : )

gtfo!

Uprising, Resistance and US have amazing choruses. :mad::p

gtfo!

Uprising, Resistance and US have amazing choruses. :mad::p

Nahh.

The chorus really ruins Resistance in particular for me.

It's just so...bland. I don't mean the pre-chorus ("It could be wrong") mind, I actually don't mind that bit.

Archived