Do you remember this manson guitar?

mauro

oooooo, I have seen it before! Very nice. It looks a lot less rounded or "contoured" than MB's 7 string. I've always liked that shape though

Yeah its a bloody lovely shape! Yeah it's about as contoured as the Seattle Manson, with just a bit of shaved off for the forearm.. its partly due to the XY...

I guess I can now, well back in Jan 2006 I contacted Hugh about a second guitar, I wanted one with a trem in it at the time, and said I've got an idea for the finish - I want the exact opposite to chromey, everything black.

He said ok I can make that, but then called me back and said no, no no, what you want is an XY pad, explained that he was working on one for Matt (this must've been when he was building blackie Mk.2.) Basically Hugh specced the pickups (which are same as were in M1D1) I just specified the finsh which I think is damned cool - wanted the thing to look like an old Tudor beam..

The guitar is made of Ash this time (chromey is mahog), the neck is birdseye and fret is ebony. The thing sounds bloody massive, it is definitely a higher output guitar than my chrome :) Sustains bloody well as well, even without the sustainer on.

I couldn't post anything on the board at the time because obviously the whole XY thing was very new at the time.

Sounds cool - is the bridge pickup a nailbomb then? (I know the M1D1 had a nailbomb, but it could've been a custom wind). Finish looks great - there was also this weird textured black finish (not the standard matte black) which they did on this ibanez that was recently for sale.

I think the wood makes a noticeable difference - I've got the same bridge pickup in my Mansons (MBK-2 humbucker), but recently A/B'd them and there's a massive difference. One is ash bodied with a flame neck and ebony board (sounds louder and meaner), and the other is mahogany with a birds-eye neck and rosewood board (sounds more balanced and punchy).

There any more pics? And in the actual photo it looks so much darker than in the mansons shop pic! Shame the xy pad isn't black as well

I'll do a photo shoot of her at some point. Will try and get someone to take some decent live shots when start gigging hopefully later on this year :happy:

Sounds cool - is the bridge pickup a nailbomb then? (I know the M1D1 had a nailbomb, but it could've been a custom wind). Finish looks great - there was also this weird textured black finish (not the standard matte black) which they did on this ibanez that was recently for sale.

I think the wood makes a noticeable difference - I've got the same bridge pickup in my Mansons (MBK-2 humbucker), but recently A/B'd them and there's a massive difference. One is ash bodied with a flame neck and ebony board (sounds louder and meaner), and the other is mahogany with a birds-eye neck and rosewood board (sounds more balanced and punchy).

Oh sorry missed this. Yeah its a standard nailbomb in the bridge. Basically hugh talked me into the p'up spec, and then built the M1D1 to pretty exactly the same spec! :LOL:

So wait, this guitar was built with an XY pad BEFORE the first mattocaster a la M1D1?

It was built around the same time as M1D1 I just had no idea Hugh was doing the M1D1. He'd already done the KAOSS manson though.

Ohhh fair enough then, I'd always assumed the M1D1 came before the first black XY one.

Just a thought, But does anyone know if the shape of the 7 string, (and this black kaoss one with the same shape) is under the same "no customs" policy as the main mattocaster shape? So could one get a custom guitar essentially the same as the MB1, but with this shape?

Ohhh fair enough then, I'd always assumed the M1D1 came before the first black XY one.

Just a thought, But does anyone know if the shape of the 7 string, (and this black kaoss one with the same shape) is under the same "no customs" policy as the main mattocaster shape? So could one get a custom guitar essentially the same as the MB1, but with this shape?

No it's a Manson shape, the 7 string wasn't even built for Matt initially. It's just called the E-guitar shape. 'This black KAOSS one', is one of my guitars. ;)

But what I mean is, Will mansons do customs with this shape? they wont do one off customs of the mattocaster shape because of the verbal agreement matt and hugh seem to have, and obviously because of the MB1 range, but would the same things apply to this 7 string shape?

But what I mean is, Will mansons do customs with this shape? they wont do one off customs of the mattocaster shape because of the verbal agreement matt and hugh seem to have, and obviously because of the MB1 range, but would the same things apply to this 7 string shape?

nah the 7 string shape is fine as simno said it was mansons shape and bells just bought one second hand, theres a few floating about really, remember that lazer concrete one?

if you give then 2.5k theyd make you one no problem,. i nearly bought that stark guitar earlier, the bigsby (and abit of common sense) stopped me.

What I think. Until 200x, Manson made many customs w/ mattocaster shape. Like Simmo' chrome, like the guitars in the previous pages (the mirror finish w / sustainer, and the pre-M1D1 style without kaozz), and perhaps others that we do not have pics or echoes. I think they did not exact copies of bellamies guitars . Now it is the MB-1 series, they certainly stop orders for mattocaster shape. Probably.

To the "7s" shape, there are no restrictions i think, there are many customs with this shape: Simmo' one, Klawn' one.. This is a classic Manson's shape ... the "pedullzorz" Stark bass, and JPJ basses, etc

nah the 7 string shape is fine as simno said it was mansons shape and bells just bought one second hand, theres a few floating about really, remember that lazer concrete one?

if you give then 2.5k theyd make you one no problem,. i nearly bought that stark guitar earlier, the bigsby (and abit of common sense) stopped me.

I don't have common sense, but the bigsby is a bit of a turn off.

I thought the laser concrete one was from Sims?

http://mansonguitars.co.uk/Custom%20gallery/pages/manson%20Arch%20top%20E%20lazers.htm

• 1 month later...
i thought all his rio grande pickups were replaced with BKP's?

That's not one of his guitars, but most of them were, yes. I think the silver manson still has its motherbucker (not 100% sure though), and all others have had their bridge pickups changed. Or at least the ones he still uses.

It looks like a warpig, judging by the cover on it. Don't know for sure though.

That's not one of his guitars, but most of them were, yes. I think the silver manson still has its motherbucker (not 100% sure though), and all others have had their bridge pickups changed. Or at least the ones he still uses.

It looks like a warpig, judging by the cover on it. Don't know for sure though.

I think you're right actually the only guitar i know 100% has its original Motherbucker is the retired delorean.

I Think too,

In 2006, she still had the Motherbucker.

79774735.jpg

Archived