Do you remember this manson guitar?

mauro

I Think too,

In 2006, she still had the Motherbucker.

79774735.jpg

It is rather high on the bass side. You know its actually located more toward the neck than most bridge pickups too. You'd think it'd be bass city with that thing.

Was looking at the quoted email about mansons considering some options due to the demand for the moc, U think they will do what they have done with the JPJ sig bass and have it built in europe (or uk) in bulk with final inspection setup at the Manson workshop? This would enable them to build lots of signature mocs and would drive the price down as they are not custom builds as such. Customers wishing to have them custom built by tim or Hugh could pay the current price.

Was looking at the quoted email about mansons considering some options due to the demand for the moc, U think they will do what they have done with the JPJ sig bass and have it built in europe (or uk) in bulk with final inspection setup at the Manson workshop? This would enable them to build lots of signature mocs and would drive the price down as they are not custom builds as such. Customers wishing to have them custom built by tim or Hugh could pay the current price.

apparently matt isn't famous enough

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=76759

to be honest, i'd rather have it built by mansons anyway - i'm sure that european company is great if mansons chose them, but still.

I think you're right actually the only guitar i know 100% has its original Motherbucker is the retired delorean.

i heard a story of Hugh going to France when the boys was recording BH&R, with a bag of BK pick-ups, spent a day or two changing them and matt wanted the Delorean changed, but Hugh said not to and hide it under his bed as it was the 1st

i heard a story of Hugh going to France when the boys was recording BH&R, with a bag of BK pick-ups, spent a day or two changing them and matt wanted the Delorean changed, but Hugh said not to and hide it under his bed as it was the 1st

Its a true fact story that one :happy:

Im guessing the motherbucker is good then? :LOL: ive seen a few posts mentioning it but never picked up on if its "good" or not :LOL:

i don't know - it's supposedly very high output, but the one in the stealth bomber sounded incredibly weak

Simno, if you read this, are they still taking orders for mahogany bodied guitars then? I recall being told about a year back that they weren't

I was going to get the starkaster, but having just played that bigsby equipped gretsch...I'm going to ask for a custom. Either that E shape spec I posted, or the same spec as the new mirror topped one, but with a matte black finish and no pickguard.

..nd chaos padz llolollolol

I'm sure there is a very wide range of things that have produced the change in tone... pickups, amps, different stomp boxes could be being used at any time (he has a couple of different overdrives and that keely compressor in his rack now yeah?)... then there is post amp hardware that it all goes through before it goes into the PA, like EQ and more compression, I remember reading about a distressor too or something.

Plus he simply could have turned amp knobs to change his tone a little! So I doubt any one thing could possibly take all of the blame...

i don't know - it's supposedly very high output, but the one in the stealth bomber sounded incredibly weak

Simno, if you read this, are they still taking orders for mahogany bodied guitars then? I recall being told about a year back that they weren't

I was going to get the starkaster, but having just played that bigsby equipped gretsch...I'm going to ask for a custom. Either that E shape spec I posted, or the same spec as the new mirror topped one, but with a matte black finish and no pickguard.

..nd chaos padz llolollolol

I'd not like to speak for the situation in general, but certainly when I first contacted Tim, and then Hugh who took over the project, they were happy to do a mahogany body...

I think the new shape in matte black or matt black lollolzzorrzz would look awesome!

I'd not like to speak for the situation in general, but certainly when I first contacted Tim, and then Hugh who took over the project, they were happy to do a mahogany body...

I think the new shape in matte black or matt black lollolzzorrzz would look awesome!

strange, maybe it was different a year back

basically what i'm thinking is the exact same guitar just with a matte black finish on the body and headstock - as for a pickguard, i'm starting to wonder if a mirrored pickguard (but of a different shape) would look any good....

what do you think of this? it's an absolutely horrible mock up, but you get the idea.

strange, maybe it was different a year back

basically what i'm thinking is the exact same guitar just with a matte black finish on the body and headstock - as for a pickguard, i'm starting to wonder if a mirrored pickguard (but of a different shape) would look any good....

what do you think of this? it's an absolutely horrible mock up, but you get the idea.

I like the idea of the shattered mirror pickguard, would look pretty cool.

Wait a second what guitar is this that ive seen everyone talking about that your custom is meant to be like only with a matte black on the body james? Have they started doing customs with the MoC shape again now?

I don't think it would hold together too well because it's not glued... if there were some small, spread out cracks it'd work i guess, but not loads of close together ones.

It looks as if it would make more sense just to glue it on given that it would never need to be removed to get access to either the PU routes, or the control cavity.

I don't think it would hold together too well because it's not glued... if there were some small, spread out cracks it'd work i guess, but not loads of close together ones.

you might be right - i can't say i've seen one with a cracked mirror pickguard

solid mirror would work too i guess

Archived