Do you remember this manson guitar?

mauro

I have a motherbucker in the Ibanez and a mbk2 in the tele, MBK is more powerful with a richer tone imo, search for hyper music on jools holland from 2001/2002, sound is crap compared to what hes getting out of the modern setup altho it may be the choice of amps and effects etc, I think the improved pups have made a big difference.

I have a motherbucker in the Ibanez and a mbk2 in the tele, MBK is more powerful with a richer tone imo, search for hyper music on jools holland from 2001/2002, sound is crap compared to what hes getting out of the modern setup altho it may be the choice of amps and effects etc, I think the improved pups have made a big difference.

i've only really tried one guitar with a motherbucker before, and it really didn't sound like a super high output pickup. to compare, the seymour duncan hot P90 in the neck sounded a LOT louder.

the MBK is a great pickup for sure - probably my favorite humbucker for most sounds. sounds great when coil tapped as well.

i think matt's sound in 2001 changed fairly often

it would go from sounding like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql6ieYhiMkQ

...to the sound you hear on hullabaloo, which is a bit thinner and almost fuzzy

you might be right - i can't say i've seen one with a cracked mirror pickguard

solid mirror would work too i guess

Cracked mirror pick guard would look excellent I think, just a few subtle cracks, I really like your design, the mockups very paintesque, but I could definitely see what you were going for there!

What is the top finish meant to represent? :p It looks like cracked mirror that has been airbrushed or something :p

Oh and personally I think the knob (volume?) closest to the bridge looks like its in a bit of an odd position. It looks as if it should be higher up next to the pickups or something..

What is the top finish meant to represent? :p It looks like cracked mirror that has been airbrushed or something :p

Oh and personally I think the knob (volume?) closest to the bridge looks like its in a bit of an odd position. It looks as if it should be higher up next to the pickups or something..

Thats just horrendous paint skillzzz, its just supposed to be cracked BLACK mirror that's all. The knobs aren't scientifically placed, I just tweaked my original schematic for beth to produce this ;)

Simno, I saw the mock up of the chromeboy the other day - what's that finish you were originally going for? looks like it could've been interesting, but i would have gone for the plain chrome as well :D

Basically, when both Hugh and I were expecting another potentially shite chrome job, I said I'd like rivets like the bomber, but greenish yellow discolouration (i.e. spray) around them and the pickups to give the impression that the guitar had started to tarnish, like victorian plated silver.. but the chrome job came out so well on mine and Matt's Hugh rung me and was like 'this is the best chrome job I've seen on a guitar, you'd be an idiot to mess with it'. Hence chromey.

Any chances of seeing the mockup of chromey?

And, by what you just said simno, does that mean Matt's chrome bomber wasn't originally going to be just chrome? or were you just referring to your guitar when you said Hugh said you'd be a fool to mess with it or whatever?

It was supposed to be chrome, Tim said this about it in an article

“I remember when Matt commissioned what is now known as ‘the Bomber’ guitar. He basically wanted the shape of a guitar that he’s got — heavily rounded edges and he wanted a totally mirror finish. We sent it off to a third party to do the mirror finish, but it came back and it was milky and it just didn’t look like a mirror at all. It really didn’t work out that well and Hugh was like, ‘Oh no! What am I gonna do? Matt’s expecting delivery of this guitar!’ He just had one of these moments, and he stuck loads of rivets in it and put little bits of blue and purple colour here, and that’s when the Bomber was born.

“He was really panicking about it, as it wasn’t what Matt had asked for, but he took it to him. It was such a cool-looking instrument, he was blown away by it! They have got a really good, trusting working relationship where Matt knows what he wants, but he also lets Hugh have a bit of artistic input, so it’s been really good for the shop and business as a whole, and it’s just great having that working relationship!”

It was supposed to be chrome, Tim said this about it in an article

“I remember when Matt commissioned what is now known as ‘the Bomber’ guitar. He basically wanted the shape of a guitar that he’s got — heavily rounded edges and he wanted a totally mirror finish. We sent it off to a third party to do the mirror finish, but it came back and it was milky and it just didn’t look like a mirror at all. It really didn’t work out that well and Hugh was like, ‘Oh no! What am I gonna do? Matt’s expecting delivery of this guitar!’ He just had one of these moments, and he stuck loads of rivets in it and put little bits of blue and purple colour here, and that’s when the Bomber was born.

“He was really panicking about it, as it wasn’t what Matt had asked for, but he took it to him. It was such a cool-looking instrument, he was blown away by it! They have got a really good, trusting working relationship where Matt knows what he wants, but he also lets Hugh have a bit of artistic input, so it’s been really good for the shop and business as a whole, and it’s just great having that working relationship!”

I mean the other chromey bomber xD the one that was built around the same time as Simnos chrome one I think http://www.musewiki.com/Chrome_Bomber_Manson

Archived