Do you remember this manson guitar?

mauro

The girls with bananas thread? I think Chris sort of ruined it early on!

and that was 2006? That would explain it I suppose - that's when the last one built for sale was made (the M1D1's cousin). I might still ask about if I can have one built, but I doubt it at this point.

And you are right - the first two pictures is how the guitar originally looked from 2005-2008 (the better looking top in my opinion, which is apparently quite difficult to make according to Phill). It was sent to Mansons after sherpa got it, and when they were buffing it with some sort of machine, a big chunk broke off :( So the replacement top, as you see in the 3rd picture is what it has now. It also had the back refinished and the bridge pickup replaced at that point.

I bought it as it was in the 3rd picture, but for whatever reason it wouldn't intonate with that bridge (I switched it with a modern tune o matic which sorted it) and it wasn't playing as well as it could. Plus the fuzz pots and switch were worn out and the kill switch was acting up. The 4th picture is how it looks now - new tuners and bridge pickup.

that's wrong. verbal contracts are still legally binding, but they're obviously a lot more difficult to prove. whether or not it was considered a verbal contract or just a gentleman's agreement is another matter

Oh okay. I'll admit I know nothing of British law (I'm in Canada), but I'm assuming that our laws are probably fairly similar, since the bulk of Canadian law was based on British law.

At least over here, the type of contract needed depends on the nature of the deal. For example, real property (like houses, land, etc.) requires a written, usually notarized, contract. I would think a verbal agreement might suffice in this case, but I'm not sure because it's not really dealing with a purchase, its more of an injunction (though I know that's the wrong term).

In any case, you can bet it was actually in writing, unless they're both totally stupid.

Well to be honest I think when Matt is giving Hugh as much business as he is, if Matt said he doesn't what his guitars available to the public then they aren't going to be.

MB-1 :p

No, I think you might be right. The last known custom was from 2006 anyway.

Taken from the other thread

"There is nothing set in stone regarding any future Manson guitars. Its fair to say we have an overwhelming demand for these guitars and many enquiries for slight variations of these guitars.....along with the various different models that Matt plays. We are going down various avenues to see what we can do in the future but as of yet, nothing has been confirmed."

So I think it's just going to be the MB-1 range for now.

That's correct. You're good at hunting down images!

heheee, I'm watchin' you :awesome:

And you are right - the first two pictures (...) . The 4th picture is how it looks now - new tuners and bridge pickup.

Ok ! Thank you : )

i still not 100% about that guitar

ill research into it

I can't say I see anything wrong with it after seeing more pictures...everything seems to be in place. Even the tailpiece being slightly closer to the bridge than usual... :erm:

• 1 month later...
Si!

I wonder if he's disappeared again

Phill, what are your thoughts on that one though? (the one ggeb posted). I don't think it's as .. classy? as some of the others. Mainly because it has a weird mixture of hardware colors.

I haven't changed the kill switch and pickup switch tips on mine to chrome ones yet, but I'm not too bothered as everything else has been changed to chrome.

Phill, what are your thoughts on that one though? (the one ggeb posted). I don't think it's as .. classy? as some of the others. Mainly because it has a weird mixture of hardware colors.

Yeah i'm not a fan of it. I agree, mirror needs to be all mirror, unless it's properly co-ordinated like the M1D1.

Are you still there?

If so, can you tell us about your second Manson? (the one shaped like Matt's 7 string).

I guess I can now, well back in Jan 2006 I contacted Hugh about a second guitar, I wanted one with a trem in it at the time, and said I've got an idea for the finish - I want the exact opposite to chromey, everything black.

He said ok I can make that, but then called me back and said no, no no, what you want is an XY pad, explained that he was working on one for Matt (this must've been when he was building blackie Mk.2.) Basically Hugh specced the pickups (which are same as were in M1D1) I just specified the finsh which I think is damned cool - wanted the thing to look like an old Tudor beam..

The guitar is made of Ash this time (chromey is mahog), the neck is birdseye and fret is ebony. The thing sounds bloody massive, it is definitely a higher output guitar than my chrome :) Sustains bloody well as well, even without the sustainer on.

I couldn't post anything on the board at the time because obviously the whole XY thing was very new at the time.

I guess I can now, well back in Jan 2006 I contacted Hugh about a second guitar, I wanted one with a trem in it at the time, and said I've got an idea for the finish - I want the exact opposite to chromey, everything black.

He said ok I can make that, but then called me back and said no, no no, what you want is an XY pad, explained that he was working on one for Matt (this must've been when he was building blackie Mk.2.) Basically Hugh specced the pickups (which are same as were in M1D1) I just specified the finsh which I think is damned cool - wanted the thing to look like an old Tudor beam..

The guitar is made of Ash this time (chromey is mahog), the neck is birdseye and fret is ebony. The thing sounds bloody massive, it is definitely a higher output guitar than my chrome :) Sustains bloody well as well, even without the sustainer on.

I couldn't post anything on the board at the time because obviously the whole XY thing was very new at the time.

The guitar I'm making is based on your second guitar :LOL: I love it

Archived