Do you remember this manson guitar?

mauro

Hey .. :)

It's a custom "MoC" Manson for a guy (a french guy) .. Hugh make many customs, no ?! is an order, as has been the Shatter and more ?

edit : I call "MoC" all the Manson's, or diy copies, have the shape of Bellamies guitars.. that there is agreement between us. I do not call the bellzorz guitars, "MoC".

interesting. do you know when that one was made exactly? anymore pictures?

shatter's neck heel dates to march 2005 (also when simno's guitar was made). and that cracked mirror one on the last page would have been made sometime in early 2006.

if they're still making guitars with that shape...well, i better ask first. (after my MB-1 is finished, though). a matte black MB-1 type, but mahogany with two MQ's and no sustainer and X-Y would be pretty win

basically like Phill's rounded black guitar, but .. not rounded

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, I get what you mean

Also, seeing as there were at least three guitars of that shape made for the public (simnos, the one pictured in this thread, and mine)...I'm wondering if that agreement was actually not what we thought it was

taken from their website:

What do you think? If they're actually building guitars with that shape, but not exact copies...shatter MK II in 2011?

Although, it might be different now that the MB-1 is out

Well, from the wording of the disclaimer, its kinda sounds like the agreement was just verbal, which would hold no weight in court.

But putting that aside, even a written agreement doesn't mean that no Mattocaster can be made for someone else. Manson could still make more for others as long as Matt gave his permission. It seems unlikely, but he might do that for a close friend or relative or something.

Well, from the wording of the disclaimer, its kinda sounds like the agreement was just verbal, which would hold no weight in court.

But putting that aside, even a written agreement doesn't mean that no Mattocaster can be made for someone else. Manson could still make more for others as long as Matt gave his permission. It seems unlikely, but he might do that for a close friend or relative or something.

or someone with a lotttt of money

Nice.. :)

Yeap... Mansion make "MoC shape" but not exact copies, like this one (among many others...certainly..as those you listed) :

robb_manson_02-0c2872f238.jpg

(you've got a maple top "Tele" Manson James, exactly ? I love this one (with rosewood fretboard) ! )

anymore pictures of this one?

do want the one with the warpig. no idea where that one went.

just found these. the first one is an old one that's been tricked out with an FF etc......

MansonBlackBODY.jpg

and one that was made for the 2008 guitar show...

1758_1_medium.jpg

ahh solder fumes :awesome:

i believe that's one built by hugh in the 80's (kestrel i think it's called?) - before he was mostly making strat and tele types from what i understand.

i have a TON of old magazine reviews that i should scan in.

manson1.jpg

manson2.jpg

will do that soon. there are some fairly interesting ones.

edit:

actually, since my scanner probably doesn't work after spilling soda on it :facepalm: have some pictures at least. you might be able to read part of the last one, but the whole thing isn't pictured

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009-1.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

as a youtube superhero said... "there's more where that came from ;) "

robb_manson_02-0c2872f238.jpg

]

hm im not certain about this one..

and james with regards to mocs there only doing the MB1 and its a limited run i.e only the specs they listed.

i rang up last week as my mate wanted a chrome one and has just inherited half a house of his nan!

hm im not certain about this one..

and james with regards to mocs there only doing the MB1 and its a limited run i.e only the specs they listed.

i rang up last week as my mate wanted a chrome one and has just inherited half a house of his nan!

to be honest, i don't actually see any red flags with that one (although i suppose the binding wasn't really necessary)...if it IS a replica for whatever reason, it's a damn good one. but it's hard to tell.

and you're sure about that then? would have loved to get a more simple one like the M1D1's cousin

...Not certain of what ?

This is a Manson MoC-shape.. Isn't a replica.. Matt Bemmaly don't have a guitar like this. It's a MoC-shape made by "Manson" , like the Shatter.. like the James' one, no ?

This is just a custom made, like Simmo.. Am I wrong ?

...Not certain of what ?

This is a Manson MoC-shape.. Isn't a replica.. Matt Bemmaly don't have a guitar like this. It's a MoC-shape made by "Manson" , like the Shatter.. like the James' one, no ?

Matt Bemmaly..

...Not certain of what ?

Yeah, Simno's was a custom made. Mine was made for sale from what I understand (although I'm not 100% sure)

I guess we're just finding it hard to believe after seeing a total of three of these guitars get away (besides the rust relic).

I don't see anything out of place though, but I don't know about the binding. Maybe that was requested.

that's wrong. verbal contracts are still legally binding, but they're obviously a lot more difficult to prove. whether or not it was considered a verbal contract or just a gentleman's agreement is another matter

I must say that I find it a bit hard to believe. My very first thought was a Manson neck fitted to a custom made body.

or someone could have simply written the name on the headstock.

But i don't know. if it's a replica i'm impressed. if it weren't for the binding I PROBABLY wouldn't be questioning it.

i was hesitating to buy my guitar because of all the replicas floating around (even though I knew its history), but luckily i was an idiot and did. :)

never take advice from the tossbags on youtube....

or someone could have simply written the name on the headstock.

But i don't know. if it's a replica i'm impressed. if it weren't for the binding I PROBABLY wouldn't be questioning it.

i was hesitating to buy my guitar because of all the replicas floating around (even though I knew its history), but luckily i was an idiot and did. :)

never take advice from the tossbags on youtube....

True... It just seems so incredibly stupid to have someone copy the name on the headstock, but then again the world is full of surprises.. :)

Haha. Yeah, luckily you were an "idiot" and got the guitar everyone here dreams about! Congrats on that purchase by the way. Fantastic...!!

True... It just seems so incredibly stupid to have someone copy the name on the headstock, but then again the world is full of surprises.. :)

Haha. Yeah, luckily you were an "idiot" and got the guitar everyone here dreams about! Congrats on that purchase by the way. Fantastic...!!

Thanks

It didn't seem quite worth it when I first got it, but i sent it to mansons late last year and it's great now.

when are we going to see your bomber tele? interested in how it looks after being painted.

and yeah, unless you're a scammer trying to trick people, there's no point. just like blocking the name out on your amp head with your forum username and whatnot.

:)

No, but I'm just sure it is a Custom Made, like Simmo, or like a Custom like Klawn (not MoC shape yeap). There is no problem to get to a Manson "MoC shape" , as long as it is not a true copy of Bellsor guitars ....

@Manson's shop :

robb_manson_01-8e1b8e5b3.jpg

@Home :

robb_manson_03-92b2ac7656.jpg

robb_manson_09-041b9b3661.jpg

This is just a Manson MoC-shape custom made, nothing extraordinary in there, just that it must be very very expensive :LOL:

Hmmm I dont see what the problem is... it looks legitimate to me, even down to the tuning heads which look exactly like what are on bells's's

as for the binding, I actually quite like it! :LOL: would probably soften up the hard edges of it too..

:)

No, but I'm just sure it is a Custom Made, like Simmo, or like a Custom like Klawn (not MoC shape yeap). There is no problem to get to a Manson "MoC shape" , as long as it is not a true copy of Bellsor guitars ....

@Manson's shop :

robb_manson_01-8e1b8e5b3.jpg

@Home :

robb_manson_03-92b2ac7656.jpg

robb_manson_09-041b9b3661.jpg

This is just a Manson MoC-shape custom made, nothing extraordinary in there, just that it must be very very expensive :LOL:

I see nothing wrong there. They switched the bridge pickup out?

Do you know when this one was made?

I would say, probably that the first pup is a "Fernandes" from the sustainer's kit (it looks like a lot, I have the same ..). Then after they have mounted the final pup. (Rio Grande?) I think.. I'm not sure..

I will check the date :) This guitar belongs to a french guy (on a french forum/messageboard). I don't know this guy personally, but a friend of mine gave me these pictures. I'll ask him about when date. But it was already there 3 years ago.

Archived