I was surprised not to find an existing thread that covered a broad range of Muse-ness in everyday school

So I was wondering if Muse has a part of your life in school.

eg:

- Do you know teachers/other people who like them?

- Do you have conversations about them?

- If you do music as a subject, do you learn their songs? Do you have a band?

- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messeges?

- Do you stick posters up of them?

- Do you draw/paint them in art?

I dunno, you tell me :happy:

Hope this will be :awesome:

:musesign:

My friends and I are currently making a music video for Uprising in my video production class.

And once when my English teacher was really pissed at my school's administration I wrote this nice little diddy on her board about taking them down etc. and finished with the lines "THEY WILL NOT FORCE US! THEY WILL STOP DEGRADING US! THEY WILL NOT CONTROL US! WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS!"

Sad thing is no one got the reference. :(

I don't know of any of my friends that really like Muse though. Most of them have heard of them, but they are more along the lines of "Hollywood Undead r so br00tal!!!" so yeah.

I was surprised not to find an existing thread that covered a broad range of Muse-ness in everyday school

eg:

- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messeges?

-my sis has a professor who's can't be older than 31 and who looks like a mix between matt and david tennant. I saw him and he's bloody ADORABLE, looks like a student. But I've forgotten his name, some french chappe...

-with anyone who's willing

- I play violin but I can play... unintended, map of your head, and plug in baby on an acoustic guitar (its all i have) annnd, sunburn, apocalypse please, newborn, space dimentia, mon coeur se ouvre a ta voix, and the B&H solo on piano :happy: plus a little ray charles and rachmaninoff thanks to matt :stunned:

- i do random stuff like that yeh, if i see a muse related work in a textbook i'll circle it :stunned: and my friend drew the muse logo on her bicep...

- no posters sadly

- i doodled matt once, that was it

fun questions! :happy:

Heehee, I try putting them in as many things as possible for school and public junk hurrplz.png?1

We have a school band thing (School of Rock, I know :D) for every month, and they play at lunch. The guys that are in it sometimes play little tunes of Hysteria or Time is Running out and whatnot but quickly change to what they're supposed to play. Hmph. Stupid teachers with their songs. :phu: But my Language Arts teacher thinks they're awesome. Lucky person, he gets to see them in Coachella, but he promises to give me pictures of them when he gets good ones. :awesome:

Buuuut.... I don't play any instruments so yeah... it sucks that I can't play songs. People can bring their guitars to school to play at lunch or whatever, but sadly, I can't cause I dunno how to play. :(

And the best thing ever.... we get to paint a picture for advanced art of our idols, and since I couldn't really think of anyone my art teacher told me to do a musician. Guess who's doing Matt Bellamy now... :awesome: I dunno why, but I'm a heckavalot better with his pictures than doing Chris or Dom.

- Do you know teachers/other people who like them? Yeah, two geography teachers, my old singing teacher, my new singing teacher, 3 of my past art teachers, and one of my science teachers.

- Do you have conversations about them? All the time, with friends and with teachers who seen them live :happy:

- If you do music as a subject, do you learn their songs? Do you have a band? I have a band and we've covered Time Is Running Out

- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messages? I scribble on exam desks 'MUSE' and write lyrics on tables. I doodle little cartoon versions of them on my work XD

- Do you stick posters up of them? I have a Muse wall :awesome: It's got 12 little posters I recycled from a calendar, OoS poster, BHaR poster, Hullabaloo one, and The Resistance artwork one. Plus some stuff I've collected out of magazines.

- Do you draw/paint them in art? Yep, most of what I've done in art has had some Muse reference. We had to make a plaque sort of thing out of clay, and have a short word on it, I was originally gonna do 'Muse' but decided I would do the background as OoS artwork and put 'Helen' on it :happy:

My friends and I are currently making a music video for Uprising in my video production class.

:eek: That is so :awesome: !!!

-my sis has a professor who's can't be older than 31 and who looks like a mix between matt and david tennant. I saw him and he's bloody ADORABLE, looks like a student. But I've forgotten his name, some french chappe...

- I play violin but I can play... unintended, map of your head, and plug in baby on an acoustic guitar (its all i have) annnd, sunburn, apocalypse please, newborn, space dimentia, mon coeur se ouvre a ta voix, and the B&H solo on piano :happy: plus a little ray charles and rachmaninoff thanks to matt :stunned:

Damn I wish I went to that school :stongue: sounds awesome! :p

& you, my, friend have my respect. thats :awesome: so much myooooze :D

Heehee, I try putting them in as many things as possible for school and public junk hurrplz.png?1

And the best thing ever.... we get to paint a picture for advanced art of our idols, and since I couldn't really think of anyone my art teacher told me to do a musician. Guess who's doing Matt Bellamy now... :awesome: I dunno why, but I'm a heckavalot better with his pictures than doing Chris or Dom.

SO MUCH WIN! :D

- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messages? I scribble on exam desks 'MUSE' and write lyrics on tables.

I can't believe I haven't thought of doing that! I'm so gonna start doing that now :LOL:

I'm starting uni this year so I hope I can get up to some business in there...BUT i can apply this to 2008:

- YES i had 2 teachers back in senior that loved Muse (one teacher got a shirt for me from the gig she went to :D).

- I have convos about them with my best friend every damn day :happy:

- My bestie and I used to write their names on the whiteboards all the time :chuckle:

My friend almost looks like Matt, only shorter and stockier. :LOL: And we used to play Muse songs together on ukulele in the halls.

I gave a lecture/recital on Rachmaninoff once, because Matt likes Rachmaninoff. :p

I write Muse lyrics on desks in lecture halls and stuff.

That's all the Musing I've done in/for school, though. Otherwise it's all just on my own.

No, I don't really have any "cool professors", so to speak. They're all very dull and elderly. They don't seem like they would listen to Muse...but who knows. There is a painting of some guy by the cafeteria that looks just like Matt! I stare at it every time I walk by. I should take a picture of it.

Oh and the only Muse related conversation i've had there so far was last week. I have a picture of Matt as the wallpaper on my phone, and some girl was like "Oh, is that your boyfriend? He's so cute!" And I was like "Yeah, he is! :awesome:" lol

No, I don't really have any "cool professors", so to speak. They're all very dull and elderly. They don't seem like they would listen to Muse...but who knows. There is a painting of some guy by the cafeteria that looks just like Matt! I stare at it every time I walk by. I should take a picture of it.

Oh and the only Muse related conversation i've had there so far was last week. I have a picture of Matt as the wallpaper on my phone, and some girl was like "Oh, is that your boyfriend? He's so cute!" And I was like "Yeah, he is! :awesome:" lol

Omg, that's really :LOL:

And you should take a pic of it and post it here, as should everyone else here who have seen matt-look-alikes :happy:

Do you know teachers/other people who like them? No teachers, but I recently found out some fellow-students do :)

- Do you have conversations about them? Well, if I talk about music with anyone, ofcourse I mention Muse a couple of times...

- If you do music as a subject, do you learn their songs? Do you have a band? I'm in a band, and we've done Time Is Running Out, and In Your World (not with the band I'm in right now though, they don't really like Muse that much :()

- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messages? Noo, but I'll start doing that from now on :p Maybe: "YOU WILL NOT CONTROL US" on my teacher's table? :rolleyes:

- Do you stick posters up of them? I've just bought my first poster via the Muse official shop, cos that's teh only way for me to get my hands on it -.-

- Do you draw/paint them in art? Yeah, as a future artist (I hope) I draw a lot, so I've drawn muse a couple of times. I'm actually planning to do a big poster soon :D

I have a tendency to doodle Muse on most desks at my school.. :$ I also circle anything vaguely Muse-related in textbooks :) I play flute (Grade 8) and have never tried to play any of their songs, but I have all the piano sheet music on my computer so will probably at some point soon.. :D

I have one friend who's almost as obsessed as I am with them, but the rest of my friends are all like.. 'they're on the Twilight soundtrack aren't they?' and I'm like 'yeahh.. :indiff: ' Don't think I'd dare ask any of my teachers if they liked them! :p

eg:

must say yes to the art conversations and teachers part....my gym teacher actually saw them live.....

well you know....my friend Boris started calling me Muse for some reason,and my history teacher know that i like them..and my whole class knows how much i love them...

I had german today and i had to say what my fav band was and before i did couple of kids were yelling "Muse,Muse...." :)

'

once i was sitting outside the classroom with some of my friends,and i was listening to plug in baby relly loud,and the english teacher that was in the classroom came out and said "I love Muse too,but my students are writing a test so could you lower it down?"

i was like *jaw drops to the floor*.no one barely knows about muse,and i have a teacher that loves them. :awesome:

eg:

1. Yes, my psychology teacher loves Muse. But I hate her so:p

2. Yes, me and my ex both love Muse, and when in Psycholgy my teacher often bugs me about them as I am more hardcore than her:D

3. When I did music, yes I learnt a few Muse songs, but I suck.

4. Yep. I have drew muse on a whiteboard and put Matt saying my answers 8)

5. Yes, my locker is covered in muse stuff, so are my folders

I try to link Muse into every subject I have.

For my ISU last semester I did a half hour presentation about Muse. I wanted to go longer but my teacher cut me short. But because of my presentation I got almost the whole class hooked on them. A lot of people in my English class this semester want me to do another one on Muse because they liked learning about them and all that! :LOL:

For my art projects I do video art so I usually make videos that include Muse somehow (last year in Media Studies I did a music video for Starlight and got a 90% I was so happy)

I have one friend who is just as obsessed with Muse as I am. She's actually the one who got me hooked. We talk about them all the time and we make weird posters and post them around the school. Like, first day back for second semester we posted some flyers that said "Matt Bellamy Commands You!!" and it had a whole bunch of photos of Matt's weird faces and then at the bottom it had the URL's of Muse.mu Microcuts.net and their Twitter.

We have fun.

I only know one teacher who likes them, but she likes all kinds of music so.

... And she has like 70 cats .... 3 of which are named Matt, Dom and Chris. :LOL:

my form tutor is a muse fan and saw them at wembley. the day i found this she became the most awesome teacher ever!

some of friends like muse, some of them have heard of them and one who i have tried endlessly to convert to the ways of maffoo and the gang is still worshipping the evil that be jls. :noey:

Whenever we get the chance to use the keyboards in music i always do a little musing for a warm up then get a bit carried away and end up playing muse the whole lesson instead of the task in hand. lesson well spent!

Every book/planner/whiteboard/ non ink resistant surface gets it's own Muse logo to spread the love. . and regular muse references can be found in homework of mine. A's all round :musesign:

My English teacher and my tutor both love them. My English teacher's going to Wembley in September.. I'm hoping I don't see her there!

I'm actually in the middle of a really [like, 5 month long] argument about Muse vs Slipknot with my best friends. ^.^

I draw Muse in my books, on my books, on whiteboards, write lyrics everywhere, quote them in papers...

We were watching USoE live in Music, and all my class know I love them.

So as the Queen part kicked in, my class started chanting, "Emo, Emo, Emo". Needless to say, they're all JLS and Jonas Brothers fans.

I turned around, and laughed. I was like, "You're kidding, right? You think Muse are Emo? How thick can you get?"

And then everyone started chanting "Goth, Goth, Goth."

I mean, what the actual fuck?

The back of my books are covered in doodles/quotes ect

My stats teacher likes them, he asked me what i was doing at the weekend last week and i said watching hullabaloo and he was like nice one, The next lesson he asked me a question I was daydreaming and he said "Oh dear Megan's still thinking about hullabaloo" :LOL: The rest of my class apart from my best friend didnt know what is was haha

We were watching USoE live in Music, and all my class know I love them.

So as the Queen part kicked in, my class started chanting, "Emo, Emo, Emo". Needless to say, they're all JLS and Jonas Brothers fans.

I turned around, and laughed. I was like, "You're kidding, right? You think Muse are Emo? How thick can you get?"

And then everyone started chanting "Goth, Goth, Goth."

I mean, what the actual fuck?

god i know how you feel. anything that is not utter shite ( jls, justin bieber etc) is emo. i mean jesus! what has the world come to?

:LOL: I'm going to try that.

I wish I had teachers that were into Muse but sadly... no.

I draw the logo and/or lyrics on every desk, though, and I often zone out and doodle album artwork on assignments. :)

Oh, and I play the xylophone in band, I played all my Muse songs from the piano on there...

Archived