I write stuff like 'Bellamy for Prime Minister', ...

My friend gave me a badge of Matt, and nearly every teacher said 'Who's that?' :facepalm: ...

I don't draw them as I can't draw, and it would be an insult to their beauty

"Bellamy for Prime Minister" = WIN!

once i got detention for 'defacing' a library book(it was a greek history book, it mentioned 'muse' so i tore out the page and underlined muse and stuck it in the girls bathroom) but that's it.

HA! that's pretty epic

There is a painting of some guy by the cafeteria that looks just like Matt! I stare at it every time I walk by. I should take a picture of it.

Oh and the only Muse related conversation i've had there so far was last week. I have a picture of Matt as the wallpaper on my phone, and some girl was like "Oh, is that your boyfriend? He's so cute!" And I was like "Yeah, he is! :awesome:" lol

MADE OF WIN!

I submitted my bands cover of Hysteria as my ensemble performance for Music GCSE.

I got an A :D

excellent job :D

I have a tendency to doodle Muse on most desks at my school.. :$ I also circle anything vaguely Muse-related in textbooks :) I play flute (Grade 8) and have never tried to play any of their songs, but I have all the piano sheet music on my computer so will probably at some point soon..

I have one friend who's almost as obsessed as I am with them, but the rest of my friends are all like.. 'they're on the Twilight soundtrack aren't they?' and I'm like 'yeahh.. :indiff: ' Don't think I'd dare ask any of my teachers if they liked them! :p

stupid twilight obsessed....

once i was sitting outside the classroom with some of my friends,and i was listening to plug in baby relly loud,and the english teacher that was in the classroom came out and said "I love Muse too,but my students are writing a test so could you lower it down?"

i was like *jaw drops to the floor*.no one barely knows about muse,and i have a teacher that loves them. :awesome:

:LOL: awesome!!!

I try to link Muse into every subject I have.

For my ISU last semester I did a half hour presentation about Muse. I wanted to go longer but my teacher cut me short. But because of my presentation I got almost the whole class hooked on them. A lot of people in my English class this semester want me to do another one on Muse because they liked learning about them and all that!

For my art projects I do video art so I usually make videos that include Muse somehow (last year in Media Studies I did a music video for Starlight and got a 90% I was so happy)

I have one friend who is just as obsessed with Muse as I am. She's actually the one who got me hooked. We talk about them all the time and we make weird posters and post them around the school. Like, first day back for second semester we posted some flyers that said "Matt Bellamy Commands You!!" and it had a whole bunch of photos of Matt's weird faces and then at the bottom it had the URL's of Muse.mu Microcuts.net and their Twitter.

We have fun.

I only know one teacher who likes them, but she likes all kinds of music so.

... And she has like 70 cats .... 3 of which are named Matt, Dom and Chris.

I can't possibly put in enough smilies to show my lolziness at the moment. THESE STORIES ARE AWESOME! WIN!

Whenever we get the chance to use the keyboards in music i always do a little musing for a warm up then get a bit carried away and end up playing muse the whole lesson instead of the task in hand. lesson well spent!

Every book/planner/whiteboard/ non ink resistant surface gets it's own Muse logo to spread the love. . and regular muse references can be found in homework of mine. A's all round :musesign:

I always do that in music :$ sorta just start playing muse and never wanting to stop. even though you have to be learning something

The back of my books are covered in doodles/quotes ect

My stats teacher likes them, he asked me what i was doing at the weekend last week and i said watching hullabaloo and he was like nice one, The next lesson he asked me a question I was daydreaming and he said "Oh dear Megan's still thinking about hullabaloo" :LOL: The rest of my class apart from my best friend didnt know what is was haha

HAHAHA! sounds like an awesome teacher : )

I draw the logo and/or lyrics on every desk, though, and I often zone out and doodle album artwork on assignments.

Whoa not even I would be able to scribble album artwork on assignments. Your inspire me! lol

& also, its not really at school, but the album artwork talk made me remember. I have this little white dress, and whenever I wear it, it reminds me of the girl on the cover of Showbiz , so I pretend Im her :facepalm::happy:

Oh and the only Muse related conversation i've had there so far was last week. I have a picture of Matt as the wallpaper on my phone, and some girl was like "Oh, is that your boyfriend? He's so cute!" And I was like "Yeah, he is! :awesome:" lol

OHMYGOD! same thing happened to meeeeee!

i lied to herrr. i was like 'chyeeeeaaah, he's pretty cute, hey?' :LOL:

my ceramics teacher saw the front of my diary (which has a big photo of muse on it :D) and said...

'hey! that's muse! you're i fan, i suppose?'

'ahahaha, i sure am. they're bloody amazing!'

'yeah, they really are, hey?'

^^ EEEEEEK! she's definitely my favourite teacher now. SHE LIKES MUUUUUUSE!

i've also written the muse logo on tables in class (derrr, who hasn't?!) and here is a photo of one i did on wednesday during...maths! :

DSC00653.jpg

look, i know it's a bit crappy. but it's the best i could do with a pen, a wooden surface and 3 minutes of class time left :)

I got B in my Muse English presentation yesterday! :D I talk about Muse everyday without fail, i doodled Muse on a table in college a week ago and when i came back to it i had another message saying 'OH!' so yeah kinda having a conversation with some randomer on a table.... :p

• 4 weeks later...
I was in Music Appreciation class today and I could hear someone playing Exogenesis pt 3 on the piano in one of the practice rooms. :eek:

I wanted to run out of class and meet whoever that was playing. :LOL:

:awesome: !!!

I taught myself that on piano :D.... may need to practice a bit before its perfect, though :$

- Do you know teachers/other people who like them? sadly no, i don't think so :(

- Do you have conversations about them? :LOL: only ALL THE TIME! with anyone who'll listen... and even those who won't :p

- If you do music as a subject, do you learn their songs? Do you have a band? i DID for music in yr 8, played TiRO on violin... got a shit mark cos the teacher didn't know/like the song :fear:

and then i can play a bunch of their songs on piano/guitar/violin *is pwoud*

- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messeges? ALL THE TIME! on desks, on random scraps of paper, one time (the friday before TR came out i think, or it was the day Uprising first aired) i wrote "the fat cat's had a heart attack" on the board in science, was so cool :awesome:

- Do you stick posters up of them? no, my school's all tight, they would kill me :noey:

- Do you draw/paint them in art? i always doodle lyrics and make references to them, i just started a little cartoon of them :happy:

plus i try to make at least one reference to them in every project/speech/anything i do :D

like in one speech ( it was 15 minutes long :/) i managed to make 4 references (one of which was visual) to them! and this is currently written on the back page of my science project logbook:

1854801810_musepic.jpg.7c3d3a77b323e5a906eb48c88a7f1784.jpg

i was SO proud of myself... i really hope she(my teacher) somehow looks at that last page :LOL: partly cos i don't like her and it'd weird her out :p

err yes my physics teacher likes them, and everything else i like to that matter:mad::(:(, at the mo im doing a big A2 sheet of muse pics in art, my mates tape my mouth up to stop me talkin about muse as they would rather talk about take that so i put ear plugs in, i constantly put in muse lyrics into english and my teacher says ive seen you write that before:happy: and i constantly draw veins on my wrists in boring lessons like english and people pick on me for being weird, dunno why????;):rolleyes:

My English teacher and my tutor both love them. My English teacher's going to Wembley in September.. I'm hoping I don't see her there!

I'm actually in the middle of a really [like, 5 month long] argument about Muse vs Slipknot with my best friends. ^.^

I draw Muse in my books, on my books, on whiteboards, write lyrics everywhere, quote them in papers...

We were watching USoE live in Music, and all my class know I love them.

So as the Queen part kicked in, my class started chanting, "Emo, Emo, Emo". Needless to say, they're all JLS and Jonas Brothers fans.

I turned around, and laughed. I was like, "You're kidding, right? You think Muse are Emo? How thick can you get?"

And then everyone started chanting "Goth, Goth, Goth."

I mean, what the actual fuck?

im sorry but the chanting part was actually veryyy funny :LOL:

• 3 weeks later...

I found out my friend maddy could play knights of cydonia on guitar :eek:

& she also quickly tried to learn the opening hysteria bass riff for me one time in music :happy:

Also, a couple of weeks ago at the end of english, we had a couple of minutes left, so the class played hangman :facepalm: anyway I was thinking "I should go up and do 'floccinaucinihilipilification'" .... or "muse" at the very least. but by the time I got up to the board, everyone was not really paying attention and were all about to leave (it was the last period of the day) so I quickly wrote MUSE up on the board :D

The teacher looked over and said, "muse- thats a good word. geez, you guys have such a good vocabulary"

me -> :awesome: !!

I left it on the board when the bell went :yesey::happy:

& & & lastly I was writing a short story, and I wrote the word "assistance"

an epic revelation came to me when I realised that if you broke the word in 2 ( ass | istance) it would be half assassin, half resistance!!!

yes, I realise its an ultimate :facepalm:

We are allowed to listen to our CDs during art. I brought TR the other day. They liked it until UD, but they all went 'WTF' during UsOE

Well, I was like that when I first heard the song, and I'm a fan, so it's probably not a surprise. :LOL:

Ooh I have a story. Well guess who managed to get 'Hoodoo' played in the school Easter play- right in the crucifixion scene:happy:

:eek: that is epicly :awesome: !!

*applauds*

We are allowed to listen to our CDs during art. I brought TR the other day. They liked it until UD, but they all went 'WTF' during UsOE

:LOL::LOL:

oh well :rolleyes:

We were watching USoE live in Music, and all my class know I love them.

So as the Queen part kicked in, my class started chanting, "Emo, Emo, Emo". Needless to say, they're all JLS and Jonas Brothers fans.

I turned around, and laughed. I was like, "You're kidding, right? You think Muse are Emo? How thick can you get?"

And then everyone started chanting "Goth, Goth, Goth."

I mean, what the actual fuck?

I hate how peope rip off Muse. All my friends know I love Muse and taunt me by saying how boring they are!!

Anyway, heres some Muse stuff that happens at my school:

- My twin sister & I talk about them all the time, no one else really seems to like Muse in the entire school

- In Music, for my final exams, 3 out of 4 songs I have to perform, I chose Muse (I play the drums, my sister the guitar)

- I'm not sure about my teachers liking Muse but in music once:

my teacher makes us analyse songs, and once she chose Sunburn!! (I almost died with excitement) and when people said it was boring and Matt sounded whiny, she defended it, so she must like them a bit. Although she doesnt recognise their other songs....

- I doodle Muse stuff everywhere, the logo, Matt Chris and Dom,

- In my practise creative writing story I wrote the characters as Matt Dom and Chris....

- While listening to 'United states of Eurasia' I accidentaly answered the roll by singing 'SIA'

- When I write words like 'uprising', 'resistance', 'sober' or other song names as notes in my books, I put hearts around them.

I hate how peope rip off Muse. All my friends know I love Muse and taunt me by saying how boring they are!!

Anyway, heres some Muse stuff that happens at my school:

- - In Music, for my final exams, 3 out of 4 songs I have to perform, I chose Muse (I play the drums, my sister the guitar)

- I'm not sure about my teachers liking Muse but in music once:

my teacher makes us analyse songs, and once she chose Sunburn!! (I almost died with excitement) and when people said it was boring and Matt sounded whiny, she defended it, so she must like them a bit. Although she doesnt recognise their other songs....

- I doodle Muse stuff everywhere, the logo, Matt Chris and Dom,

- In my practise creative writing story I wrote the characters as Matt Dom and Chris....

- While listening to 'United states of Eurasia' I accidentaly answered the roll by singing 'SIA'

- When I write words like 'uprising', 'resistance', 'sober' or other song names as notes in my books, I put hearts around them.

yeah that sucks :( sometimes my friends will diss muse simply because they know I love them :fear: but they only do it to get a reaction

the stuff you get up to in school is so :awesome: !

oh & btw I love the way you answeed the roll :LOL: :LOL:

yeah that sucks :( sometimes my friends will diss muse simply because they know I love them :fear: but they only do it to get a reaction

the stuff you get up to in school is so :awesome: !

oh & btw I love the way you answeed the roll :LOL: :LOL:

My friends do it for a reaction too, although I get the feeling they'e sick of hearing about them and other Muse references they dont understand.

Haha thanks, I must say, answering 'SIA!' to roll should be mandatory.

I was surprised not to find an existing thread that covered a broad range of Muse-ness in everyday school

So I was wondering if Muse has a part of your life in school.

eg:

- Do you know teachers/other people who like them?

- Do you have conversations about them?

- If you do music as a subject, do you learn their songs? Do you have a band?

- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messeges?

- Do you stick posters up of them?

- Do you draw/paint them in art?

I dunno, you tell me :happy:

Hope this will be :awesome:

:musesign:

I'm always talking about them in some way :chuckle: I also have now a long-time muse fan (and friend. she knew them for more years than I did) who got dom-converted because of me :LOL:

I draw muse sometimes on the chalkboard when I'm bored. I draw them sometimes in my notebooks.

I'm in Arts, so I already did some stuff for drawing classes based on Muse, and when teacher said for us to do a false-stained glass, I thought of The Resistance cover, and I'm doing it :D

Every time a friend of mine is laying acoustic guitar at school, I ask him to play muse eheh.

And, some weeks ago, we had this informatics week, where the computers and such were in the hall. One of the computers was always playing Muse out loud :stunned: it was the first time I heard muse at my school. Never thought I would see that day come. :pope: one of the best parts is where I'm going downstairs to the hall, with Apocalypse Please playing out loud. EPIC.

And there was songs from showbiz, to the resistance, even b-sides. I don't know who did it....wish I knew...a teacher? a informatics student?

but I was always sticked around it, singing and dancing and headbanging :chuckle: friends had to pull me off there (by force) for me to go to classes

and they know that, if they say Muse sucks (or any other band I love), just to annoy me or with no reason, they'll get kicked in their ass. THey don't do it :yesey:

Archived