OMG I had the most musey day at school today :awesome:

First, it was my friends birthday, so another friend brought along heaps of balloons, and all of us signed them. Anyway, the balloons had smiley faces on them, and most of them were pink/purple, but one of them was green and I swear it looked like a zeta. so everyone was writing all these happy birthday messeges, and on the green balloon, I wrote:

ZETA wishes you a happy birthday

Also, the birthday girl got an ipod touch (so jealous :ninja:) and we saw how you could do all your emails on them. It had a list of email things like hotmail & yahoo, and anyway there was this huge logo of AOL & Im like omg! qua.aol.com went through my head :p

At lunch time, we had yummy homemade cake and were somehow allowed to have a mini party in a science lab. We had the radio on, and I left for about 10 mins to go to the canteen, then the front office. It was so predicatable what was going to happen when I got back to the science lab. I saw it coming. When I walked in, everyone said "omg elise you just missed MUSE! Undisclosed Desires was just on the radio...." :facepalm: fail my life.

& last today, in english our teacher gave us a selection of books to read from, "all considered to be classics". The first book I saw was definitely the one I was going to read. It was 1984 by George Orwell :dance: When I saw it, I was like :stunned: you're kidding, that's.... :eek: OMG! :LOL::eek::LOL::stunned: I can't believe this :LOL:

& when I actually started to read i, I nearly started hyperventilating at the very thought that Matthew God Bellamy read all those words, the same book I was reading in its entirety... it was so overwhelming

:$

:matt:

so yeah, that was my day

EDIT: oh & in geography, the teacher quoted something from the Shakespearean play charles II (?) something like "i wasted time, and now doth waste me" to give us the messege of not wasting precious time in class. I was SO INCREDIBLY TEMPTED to write below that "don't waste your time, or time will. waste. you." :D

talk about the most legit muse day ever!!!!!!!!!! awsome i wish that would have happened to meee

We've written a poem in English class before where we get to bring our iPods to class, put them on shuffle, and write the first line down from each song in poem form. Needless to say, around 90% of it at least was Muse. The rest was the Beatles and random crap. So yeah.

so screw her :fear::p

THAT'S the spirit! :D

We've written a poem in English class before where we get to bring our iPods to class, put them on shuffle, and write the first line down from each song in poem form. Needless to say, around 90% of it at least was Muse. The rest was the Beatles and random crap. So yeah.

:LOL: sounds like the ratio of music I listen to when it comes to muse :LOL:

Today at school was the last day of the term, so we werent really doing much work. For two periods, we were in computer labs, and I found this awesome website that you could listen to almost any song in the world on for free :happy: It has SO MUCH MUSE :stunned: even acoustic versions and live versions..... t'was awesome

so basically I was just basking in muse's glory for half the day :p

Best thing ever happened today. In my business class we got this new assignment, basically in groups we have to come up with some sort of products and then sell them at school. We decided on juices and smoothies. And while doing all the planning and stuff, we spent 3 days trying to come up with a good name for our company anddddd today this guy from my group, who is a big Muse fan showed up wearing the tour shirt. In the middle of discussion this other guy randomly yells "HOW ABOUT MUSE JUICES AND SMOOTHIES?!?!?!" :musesign:

My reaction: YESYESYESCANWEDOTHATPWEATTYPWEASEGUYSAHHPLEASEPLEASECAUSETHAT'SSOFUCKINGPWOPER:eek::kiss::awesome:

So everyone agreeing on it isn't even the best part...our slogan is:

"Drinks for absolution- shoots thirstiness away"

Okay though it sounds kinda lame :facepalm: It involves Muse, and that was my win of the day. And when we finish with the posters and adds I'm so posting the pictures on here!

Best thing ever happened today. In my business class we got this new assignment, basically in groups we have to come up with some sort of products and then sell them at school. We decided on juices and smoothies. And while doing all the planning and stuff, we spent 3 days trying to come up with a good name for our company anddddd today this guy from my group, who is a big Muse fan showed up wearing the tour shirt. In the middle of discussion this other guy randomly yells "HOW ABOUT MUSE JUICES AND SMOOTHIES?!?!?!" :musesign:

My reaction: YESYESYESCANWEDOTHATPWEATTYPWEASEGUYSAHHPLEASEPLEASECAUSETHAT'SSOFUCKINGPWOPER:eek::kiss::awesome:

So everyone agreeing on it isn't even the best part...our slogan is:

"Drinks for absolution- shoots thirstiness away"

Okay though it sounds kinda lame :facepalm: It involves Muse, and that was my win of the day. And when we finish with the posters and adds I'm so posting the pictures on here!

:eek::eek: holey crap! That is epic :awesome: I can't believe you get to do that!

& indeed it is F**KING PWOPER :D

o also the slogan is :awesome:

- Do you know teachers/other people who like them?

Last year our music teacher liked them

- Do you have conversations about them?

All the time, with almost all of my friends. In fact it's partly how me and my ex first bonded. She said she wanted the band to get her pregnant. True story.

- If you do music as a subject, do you learn their songs? Do you have a band?

We had a Year 12 music band and we performed Starlight and Supermassive to the school. We also liked jamming on Sunburn, Hysteria, Time Is Running Out, Knights Of Cydonia, New Born... actually most of thier singles really.

- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messeges?

No

- Do you stick posters up of them?

No

- Do you draw/paint them in art?

No

- Do you know teachers/other people who like them?

There's this teaching assistant at my school who loves Muse, and everytime she's helping in a lesson I'm in, she'll say something about Muse :happy:

A few other teachers like them too, some went to the 02 when I was there

- Do you have conversations about them?

A few of my friends love them too, and most people in my school know I love them, so they bring Muse up when talking to me :facepalm:

- If you do music as a subject, do you learn their songs? Do you have a band?

I don't have a band, but I play piano and can play all their songs, or at least the chords exceteraaaa

- Do you do stupid things like write on chalkboards "Muse rules," or write funny messeges?

Nah, although during an exam I looked at the doodles, and it said 'Hate This & I'll Love You' then I looked under my exam paper and it was covered in Muse quotes etc. :D I couldn't resist adding to it, then my friend wrote 'MATT BELLAMY IS MY HUSBAND' in sharpie :LOL:

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some quotes from my creative writing task on belonging:

"I know some French; Mon couer s'ourve a ta voix"

"She was my guiding light"

"Look to the stars"

"She is eternally missed"

"Bought tickets to see Muse live"

"When will this loneliness be over?"

:chuckle:

Here's some quotes from my creative writing task on belonging:

"I know some French; Mon couer s'ourve a ta voix"

"She was my guiding light"

"Look to the stars"

"She is eternally missed"

"Bought tickets to see Muse live"

"When will this loneliness be over?"

:chuckle:

:chuckle: :chuckle:

For me, there's been soo much muse now that school's back :awesome:

thanks in advance if you can be bothered to read it all

in english our teacher told us a way that we should think about poetry: MUSE

she literally was right in front of me and said muuuuuuuse really slowly, like she was introducing this new word to the class. me ->:eek::happy::LOL: all of my frinds were saying my name because they know i love muse, and a friend of mine who also really likes muse (bless her) who was sitting at the back of the class got my attention and said MUSE! with the rock on hand gesture :happy: o after that the teacher wrote MUSE in capital letters on the white board. at the end of the lesson, i wrote "rocks" after it :ninja:

that same lesson the teacher started going on about the TRUTH

in music one time i was looking through a bunch of books on guitar songs you could learn. on the front cover of one it listed some notable bands inside the book- MUSE WAS LISTED ON THE FRONT! WITH a pic of Matt!!! Plug In Baby was the song, and I can now play the guitar riff on piano :happy:

A good friend of mine got my ipod and said "OMG YOU HAVE 113 MUSE SONGS?!!" im like yeahh :D and she said "ill give you a muse quiz. ill say the name of the song, and you have to try and guess which album its off"

of course I got basically all of them right & heaps of them were off singles. I reckon she said at least 25 songs, too. i think the only ones i needed hints for were songs off cave and uno due to a total spontaneous brain drain. then I quizzed her on totally random muse trivia like what they called themselves before muse, and the name of dom's dog, hendrix (:unsure: wonder if hendrix's still around?) etc etc. it was fun :)

then on the bus i had a good convo with my friend who like muse (the one in the english story)

and yeah, thats about it :happy:

When my muse obsession was just beginning, I got really obsessed with drawing on my hands, so now whenever I'm feeling bored and particularly obsessed at school I'll draw the muse logo on the side of my index finger. I've converted my friend to musing, so now I draw veins and the muse logo on her arms during study hall (easier to draw on other people). I've gotton to be kind of known for it and random people in class have asked me to draw on them.

Also I had to put an art portfolio together around a unifying theme and I chose my theme to be perceptions of the future so that almost all of my pieces are inspired by their songs.

Another day I had to do an oral exam in french and one of the questions asked about a person I admired. Not being prepared, the only person that I could think of was matt so I talked to my 50 year old french teacher about my obsession for like three minutes. Awkward.:$

• 2 weeks later...

I had my french speaking today (it went well, after all my worrying lmao) and I got asked about music. So of course I brought up Muse. :D

And like I said the other day in the Distracted Students thread, I drew the Resistance hexagons on my exam desk for the last 10 minutes of my English exam.

Such a valid use of time, I think.:LOL:

• 3 weeks later...

This is perhaps the single most epic musing in school in my life

I innocently walk into music after lunch, when there's this senior guy trying to play something on the piano. It was as though he was just learning it, but it was immediately recognisable: sunburn.

I was like :eek: holey frikkin crap!!:D MUSE :happy: Hes playing muse!! :D SUNBURN!

I felt rather epic because I can play that really well :happy:

I would have gone up to him and said something like "You like muse??" but before I could, he got up with his friend and went away :(

After that, it took my heart rate a while to go down :$

Later that lesson, I played the new born intro on the piano, and someone walked in and went, whooooaa that was SO cool! and my friend whos really pro on the piano said 'wow I really like that. i want that song!"

I said 'yeah, thats new born by muse" :happy:

EDIT: I just had music, and the same guy was there playing sunburn. I was like swoonholeycrapmusehelikesmuse etc and then....he started playing eogenesis symphony prt 3 (redemption) !! :eek: The thing is I can play them both a bit better than he can :happy: lol

:D

This is perhaps the single most epic musing in school in my life

I innocently walk into music after lunch, when there's this senior guy trying to play something on the piano. It was as though he was just learning it, but it was immediately recognisable: sunburn.

I was like :eek: holey frikkin crap!!:D MUSE :happy: Hes playing muse!! :D SUNBURN!

I felt rather epic because I can play that really well :happy:

I would have gone up to him and said something like "You like muse??" but before I could, he got up with his friend and went away :(

After that, it took my heart rate a while to go down :$

Later that lesson, I played the new born intro on the piano, and someone walked in and went, whooooaa that was SO cool! and my friend whos really pro on the piano said 'wow I really like that. i want that song!"

I said 'yeah, thats new born by muse" :happy:

I've just learnt New Born on piano, adn the teacher walked in sayinf, "Ooh thats creepy!' I said "yeah its Muse :awesome:" but she ignored me and talked to someone else.

' I said "yeah its Muse :awesome:" but she ignored me and talked to someone else.

aww :LOL:

its kind of funny how whenever I talk about muse, I make the :awesome: face.

yes, its random, but i just realised that!

while im here...

this morning on the bus to school, it was raining heaps, so the windows on the inside of the bus had heaps of condensation on them. the 2 people I was sitting with (muse fans :awesome:) - we all drew all over the window, writing the logo and a billion song names :D

T'was epic :yesey:

• 3 weeks later...

When my friend was in detention she wrote on the board:

•No one's gonna take me alive

•You and I must fight to survive

The only Muse obsessed teacher in my school left a few weeks ago :( on the last lesson i had with her i wrote some muse lyrics on the board ;) she laughed :p lolz

My phone went off once in her lesson, she didn't take my phone because my ringtone was 'supermassive blackhole'. :D

I always draw cartoons of matt dom and chris in art.

In music I always play muse songs on the piano

All of my school books have muse-y decorations on them.

When I'm in ICT i search pictures of muse instead of doing my work :p

Archived