having two supporting bands before Muse comes on really, reaaaally helps. spending two hours in the pit watching two bands i didn't like was almost unbearable, but it bought me a lot of time to squeeze myself to the front where the barriers were.

gig was at 7pm, gates opened at 6pm, we lined up at 2pm. there were about 200 people lined up already while we were there. with enough determination you could squeeze yourself past a huge crowd :p

i'm only 5'2", so i had no choice, otherwise all i had to enjoy were the backs of everyone in front of me. i got stepped on, pushed, and cursed by lots of people, but once I got to the front on Matt's side, it was totally worth the pain, sweat, blood (hmm) and tears (nah, not really. although because it was my 1st gig i almost cried tears of joy). :p

having two supporting bands before Muse comes on really, reaaaally helps. spending two hours in the pit watching two bands i didn't like was almost unbearable, but it bought me a lot of time to squeeze myself to the front where the barriers were.

gig was at 7pm, gates opened at 6pm, we lined up at 2pm. there were about 200 people lined up already while we were there. with enough determination you could squeeze yourself past a huge crowd :p

i'm only 5'2", so i had no choice, otherwise all i had to enjoy were the backs of everyone in front of me. i got stepped on, pushed, and cursed by lots of people, but once I got to the front on Matt's side, it was totally worth the pain, sweat, blood (hmm) and tears (nah, not really. although because it was my 1st gig i almost cried tears of joy). :p

Yes you have a choice - it's called showing up early to make sure you are at the front. I am 5'2" and I don't push past people, I just make sure I am there early and if I don't or can't and there is someone taller in front of me then it's my own fault.

You were pushing ahead of people that had queued for hours to get to the front, maybe thats why you were pushed and cursed at? You brought it on yourself tbh.

Once again, with regards to height - you do have a choice. This whole "staring at the back of people" story that people keep throwing out is rubbish. If you want to be able to see you get to the front of the queue ie: GETTING THERE EARLY.

I HATE the "olol its easy to push ahead, I'm short olol blah blah olololol" attitude some people have.

You were pushing ahead of people that had queued for hours to get to the front, maybe thats why you were pushed and cursed at? You brought it on yourself tbh.

Once again, with regards to height - you do have a choice. This whole "staring at the back of people" story that people keep throwing out is rubbish. If you want to be able to see you get to the front of the queue ie: GETTING THERE EARLY.

I HATE the "olol its easy to push ahead, I'm short olol blah blah olololol" attitude some people have.

Agreed. I'm 5'4 and have a hard time at shows seeing regularly. However, since I know in advance that I'm shorter than most men I get to shows EARLY to make sure I can secure a spot on the barricade in order to see everything perfectly. If I don't care that much and seats are an option, I get seats. But for Muse seats will never do. :phu:

Height isn't an excuse to push past people who have waited for hours for those spots. Make the arrangements to not screw yourself and others over by getting there early next time and people won't be cussing you out.

At the end of the day, it's standing... there will Always be people who push. Just because some people can queue up early, doesn't mean they get priority to be at the front - anyone who buys a standing ticket has the exact same space open to them. I'm not saying pushing is right, but it's to be expected at any gig. Yes, it's not exactly fair if you've been queuing up for hours and have someone get to the same space as you who got there 5 mins before the doors open, but as I say, there's no 'priority' - you're free to move around and make your way to the front; you've all paid the same. It may piss people off, but it's no less true.

Oh and at above - lol... I'm a one-man-moshpit kind of annoying gigger :$ haha. But I don't push people, I'm just very hyper at the songs and everyone around me is 'meh... it's okay.'

I'm only 5'4" and I would never dream of pushing past someone just because I'm shorter than them. It is flat out rude! And to brag about it on this board like it's something to be proud of is disgusting. If you want barrier you should get in line like everyone else!

Im 5"1 and i knew that i wouldnt be able to see..so for the Baltimore show i made sure i got there first and i was the very first one in line for the night!

the wait wasnt even bad and it was drizzling at 35 degrees F and it still wasnt bad...anyway im short and i earned barrier..i did none of that push-shove crap ;)

Im 5"1 and i knew that i wouldnt be able to see..so for the Baltimore show i made sure i got there first and i was the very first one in line for the night!

the wait wasnt even bad and it was drizzling at 35 degrees F and it still wasnt bad...anyway im short and i earned barrier..i did none of that push-shove crap ;)

Where were you on the barrier? Maybe I saw you.

Here's my experience for GA.

For the Fairfax gig, at first I got second row when we first got in the pit. I noticed some room in between some people and figured it would be possible to squeeze up to the barrier without knocking anyone off. (I was one of the people that lined up for hours anyway)

Everyone stood up and I got my wish :happy: Once Muse started I expected it to get really rough..but I honestly had so much room. Didn't get any bruises at all (except for my forearms from leaning on the barrier).

For the Baltimore gig same thing happened (second row, but got barrier). And I didn't have as much room as before which is what I expected. Still had room to jump though. But near the end of the show the crowd was soooo intense and awesome and there were tons of crowd surfers so I got packed on the barrier. It was a fantastic time though. I'm definitely loving GA and plan on getting it to as many more Muse concerts I can go to!

Edit: My neck is in pain though from head banging so much and my arms from punching the air and such. It's good though. Shows I was so into it :awesome: The security guard in front of me actually told me to calm down :LOL: Of course I didn't listen. He was probably kidding anyway for he had a sense of humour beforehand.

Where were you on the barrier? Maybe I saw you.

Here's my experience for GA.

For the Fairfax gig, at first I got second row when we first got in the pit. I noticed some room in between some people and figured it would be possible to squeeze up to the barrier without knocking anyone off. (I was one of the people that lined up for hours anyway)

Everyone stood up and I got my wish :happy: Once Muse started I expected it to get really rough..but I honestly had so much room. Didn't get any bruises at all (except for my forearms from leaning on the barrier).

For the Baltimore gig same thing happened (second row, but got barrier). And I didn't have as much room as before which is what I expected. Still had room to jump though. But near the end of the show the crowd was soooo intense and awesome and there were tons of crowd surfers so I got packed on the barrier. It was a fantastic time though. I'm definitely loving GA and plan on getting it to as many more Muse concerts I can go to!

Edit: My neck is in pain though from head banging so much and my arms from punching the air and such. It's good though. Shows I was so into it :awesome: The security guard in front of me actually told me to calm down :LOL: Of course I didn't listen. He was probably kidding anyway for he had a sense of humour beforehand.

Haha I have some 'barrier bruises' on my arms to from the Baltimore show. :awesome:

I heard Hardcoremidget yell "I love you Dom!" and the security guy said something to him too. :LOL:

I loved the GA Muse experience and will definately do that again when/if I get to see them again.

Edited by bellamy'szetagirl

Haha I have some 'barrier bruises' on my arms to from the Baltimore show. :awesome:

I heard Hardcoremidget yell "I love you Dom!" and the security guy said something to him too. :LOL:

I loved the GA Muse experience and will definately do that again when/if I get to see them again.

hahahahahahaha yeah! he said something like " ehhhcck! easy there.." and then gestured to wipe the, i guess you could say, "fanboy love" oh his shirt hahha..he was funny

@Glorious Resistance: i was at the barrier towards were it started to curve to matt's side..sorta in between like dom and matt's towers..right next to bellamy'szetagirl

hahahahahahaha yeah! he said something like " ehhhcck! easy there.." and then gestured to wipe the, i guess you could say, "fanboy love" oh his shirt hahha..he was funny

@Glorious Resistance: i was at the barrier towards were it started to curve to matt's side..sorta in between like dom and matt's towers..right next to bellamy'szetagirl

you were the short one with your friend?? I was next to you guys!! :D I talked to you a couple times. and I was the one freaking the hell out like most of the people there :p

:awesome: The bruises show we really rock out :D

For both mondays and wednesdays gigs I was also screaming I LOVE YOU MATT I LOVE YOU DOM I LOVE YOU CHRIS :chuckle:

Definitely. I officially love GA :happy:

you were the short one with your friend?? I was next to you guys!! :D I talked to you a couple times. and I was the one freaking the hell out like most of the people there :p

hahaha yes that was us! were you the one who told us we have to jump up very quickly when security hops over the barrier?

hahaha yes that was us! were you the one who told us we have to jump up very quickly when security hops over the barrier?

hmm I don't think I said that... I did tell you I went to Monday's gig and that I get really into these concerts. remember? I had like straight brown hair.. I sort of squeezed into the barrier when we all stood up. (luckily)

Yes you have a choice - it's called showing up early to make sure you are at the front. I am 5'2" and I don't push past people, I just make sure I am there early and if I don't or can't and there is someone taller in front of me then it's my own fault.

Agreed. I'm 5'4 and have a hard time at shows seeing regularly. However, since I know in advance that I'm shorter than most men I get to shows EARLY to make sure I can secure a spot on the barricade in order to see everything perfectly. If I don't care that much and seats are an option, I get seats. But for Muse seats will never do. :phu:

Height isn't an excuse to push past people who have waited for hours for those spots. Make the arrangements to not screw yourself and others over by getting there early next time and people won't be cussing you out.

Good.

:$:$

I'm only 5'4" and I would never dream of pushing past someone just because I'm shorter than them. It is flat out rude! And to brag about it on this board like it's something to be proud of is disgusting. If you want barrier you should get in line like everyone else!

Whooops, seems like I got quite a scolding in here. :unsure: My apologies. GA n00b here. :erm:

I did get in line early--well, 6 hours before the show, and lined up under the burning sun just like almost everyone else. I do realize I brought it upon myself, and I did realize at that time that what I did was rude and annoying. but in this part of the world we only get one Muse gig every few years (not even in my own country), and I'm not even sure if I'll be able to see them again, so I went for it and squeezed myself to the front anyway. I know I was wrong, but I didn't fly a thousand miles away from home to be drowned in the crowd, hence my "damn y'all I have to be in front" attitude. :stunned:

Well, in case I get another chance to see them again at least I'll know what to observe next time. thanks guys.

i like all the shorties being on the barrier. that means if i'm in the second/third row, i can see over them all nicely :D

actually the worst offenders for getting in the way of the view are the security guards and the damn cameramen!

i like all the shorties being on the barrier. that means if i'm in the second/third row, i can see over them all nicely :D

actually the worst offenders for getting in the way of the view are the security guards and the damn cameramen!

yeeahh that was the worst part of barrier..and then all the crowdsurfers would come so they litterally just climbed on your face to reach for the surfers..very annoying

yeeahh that was the worst part of barrier..and then all the crowdsurfers would come so they litterally just climbed on your face to reach for the surfers..very annoying

oh yeah...i know the pain! i hate it when the crowd surfers come over the barrier, and then you get squshed...and the security is up on a platform in front of you...and all you see is the security's stomach...

not too bad at festivals cos there's a big gap so more chance of seeing over their heads :)

Well I just had my very first concert experience last night, and the GA wasn't at all what I expected to be completely honest....

I was first in line for the queue, so I got a good spot to start out with, right in front of Chris with only a few people in front of me. I could see pretty well, until some really tall guy shoved his way past me and stood on my foot for a good half hour before it started. But just as Silversun Pickups were starting, a girl at the very front pulled me over to let me stand in front of her so I can be lean on the barrier :D

The crowd was pretty relaxed over there, and I didn't get banged around too much. But If I wasn't trying to be considerate to the girl who let me in front of her, I would have really jumped around more because the more you move around, the better it tends to me, IMO. Of course I'm bruised all over from leaning on the barrier and getting elbowed in the jaw, but it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be :happy:

Well I just had my very first concert experience last night, and the GA wasn't at all what I expected to be completely honest....

I was first in line for the queue, so I got a good spot to start out with, right in front of Chris with only a few people in front of me. I could see pretty well, until some really tall guy shoved his way past me and stood on my foot for a good half hour before it started. But just as Silversun Pickups were starting, a girl at the very front pulled me over to let me stand in front of her so I can be lean on the barrier :D

The crowd was pretty relaxed over there, and I didn't get banged around too much. But If I wasn't trying to be considerate to the girl who let me in front of her, I would have really jumped around more because the more you move around, the better it tends to me, IMO. Of course I'm bruised all over from leaning on the barrier and getting elbowed in the jaw, but it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be :happy:

I know what you mean. I was at the barrier in Atlanta, and still had plenty of room to jump around. From what I've been reading, the US shows so far are a lot more "tame" than others. I'm not sure how much of this is just us being "lame", or a cultural thing, but personally I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, and as long as I have time to wait it out all day, I can't imagine ever having seats. It seems like the crowds have still been energetic for the most part, but not nearly as violent as I was expecting.