You wanna know what's even more annoying than queue jumpers? People who leave the pit a million times to get beer and still expect you to let them back up the front. :mad:

People were doing that at the Killers concert. Not that it matter'd THAT much because we were seated, but I think it's sort of stupid to drink during a concert. You can't move around with a beer in your hand. I think that should be something you do before/after a gig. Especially if you're in the pit.

i'm 5'2 and i only go to pit in any concert i dont care being crushed, punched and even groped but there's no way i would see a rock concert from the seats it's like a rock concert blasphemy XD in my personal opinion

when muse came here i was on the pit and one of my friends was on the seats, she regrets that until now

I feel the same way about sea GA/Seats. If it's a rock concert, I see no point in sitting. My entire family is coming and they are all going to sit. :facepalm: But my friend said "I am not going to see Muse and sit, that would ruin it all." So she's going to stand with me. :awesome: Although it is nice to sit down during the opening band. My back starts to ache. :(

In 06 I nearly fainted due to exhaustion mid set, so I was darn grateful that they played a few slower numbers to calm us all down again. But it was such a blast - never ever would I have a seat if I can avoid it!

I'm very afraid of this. :$ I just always have this vision playing in my head that I'm going to faint and have to be carried out. For some reason I can't convince myself that you could get that tired at a concert. But is there anyway to prevent something like that? I know that drinking lots of water is good but I don't want to have to go to the bathroom there. :erm:

What do you do if you have a coat...?

In seats, no problem. In the pit in general, you can use the coat check if they have one. But if you have queued all day to get a great spot down in front, just tie it around your waist and enjoy the concert! You don't dare leave to go check a coat! (Can get pretty warm though...) Another tactic is to ask security exactly when doors open, knowing that there can be 15 min leeway either way. So stay warm in the queue until about 20-30 min before doors (depending on how far your car is) and go stash it in the car. If you came on public transportation, tie it on and forget it, it's Muse!

I don't really get this thing of having to see the stage clearly anyway, surely if you want to watch every nuance of the performance just get it on video? :LOL: I've never tried to get to the barrier apart from the first few times I went to gigs and didn't quite get gigs (in those days there were very few people who queued for rock gigs anyway) but then I realised it's about dancing and letting yourself go and enjoying the live sound of your favourite band with like-minded people, not standing and watching like you would at a theatre. Since then I've never been bothered about seeing the stage. At at Earls Court I was RIGHT at the back dancing and could only see Matt's red suit as a blob in the distance, but it's still in my top ten gigs.

i've only ever been up the front once...and that was at big day out in january...first and only time i've ever been at the barrier for a muse show...most of the time i'm at the sides where there is room to move and dance about :) and there's a perfect view as well :)

Yeah I gotta say the resistance tour, the best gigs were when we had space to knee slide and riff ala Dublin and O2. Such good time.

Security at London O2 were the best for that. . . "If I see you queue jumping, then you're going straight to the back!" :LOL: Best queueing experience ever there, fo'srs.

i loved the system they had at the O2 arena in london (i was GA the second night)...they had the main queue and then they had these barriers set up and you filed into them, then they took the first row through the bag check and then the next etc...was a fantastic system :)

Brits can queue. Had to pick up Lilia's jaw from the floor when she saw the neat queue formed at Glasgow :LOL:

And at Placebo the security was really good at remembering who had been in the queue all day and made sure we were the first ones to get in.

i heard a joke about the brits liking to queue :) security at BDO were good too...the awesome security guard in front of us remembered that we had been there the entire day and gave my friend a drumstick and me a setlist :D

I forget that Claire is pretty scary on these occasions - quite a few jumpers got booted out in Teignmouth than to you girls.

We had this group of lads in Paris who thought they could push in front of us when the door opened because we were girls, unfortunately for them we all locked arms and the 2 at the end grabbed hold of the barriers on each side and after a minute or so moving forward they pretty much realised that they were not gonna get through and stopped trying :LOL:

that's a good tactic that :)

I despise crowd surfers.

especially when they kick you in the head...and especially when they near the front of the barrier and their entire body weight is on the back of your neck!

You wanna know what's even more annoying than queue jumpers? People who leave the pit a million times to get beer and still expect you to let them back up the front. :mad:

even worse is getting the beer spilt on you!

especially when they kick you in the head...and especially when they near the front of the barrier and their entire body weight is on the back of your neck!

At least up front you've got the security guys indicating where the surfers are coming from so you can brace yourself/dodge. No such luck the farther back you go.

Okay. So I can pretty much get to the frontish just not guaranteed the barrier.

And getting their at 9am, does that pretty much say I'm at the barrier?

It depends how many people are in the queue at that time. It shouldn't be packed but I'd expect there'd be a fair few.

All you need to do to get near the front is walk down the sides

i know i really hope that some of us dont get screwed over like that..i had two concerns too..1. so what if they open doors on multiple sides of the arena ( which im imagining they are doing as it is an arena its not a small venue) and one side is slower then the other or people at one door have been waiting since 12 noon while people at the other side have been waiting since 8AM, but something goes a little wrong and 12 noon gets to barrier and 8 AM does not? hhmmm......2. what about running to the barrier once your free inside the arena? If someone runs pass you who was behind you in line, are you aloud to sprint your butt off and own him or are the security just going to call you on that?

yes..i overhype things and think about things alot..im that kinda person heheh

i know i really hope that some of us dont get screwed over like that..i had two concerns too..1. so what if they open doors on multiple sides of the arena ( which im imagining they are doing as it is an arena its not a small venue) and one side is slower then the other or people at one door have been waiting since 12 noon while people at the other side have been waiting since 8AM, but something goes a little wrong and 12 noon gets to barrier and 8 AM does not? hhmmm......2. what about running to the barrier once your free inside the arena? If someone runs pass you who was behind you in line, are you aloud to sprint your butt off and own him or are the security just going to call you on that?

yes..i overhype things and think about things alot..im that kinda person heheh

1. This all depends on the organisation of the security, there will only be more than one entrance if it is stated on your ticket so this should give you an idea. Hopefully there will be two at once and let in at the same time but unfortunately this didn't happen in Dublin and a second queue formed at about 4pm so people in that queue got in first, so that was of course security's fault. It hopefully won't happen to you though and you'll still be considered a good spot.

2. Don't run, security will hunt you down and drag you away.

At least up front you've got the security guys indicating where the surfers are coming from so you can brace yourself/dodge. No such luck the farther back you go.

good point Davinq...or you can just go to the sides where there arent any crowd surfers :)

No. I have arrived 8pm and was nowhere near the back

i got to the O2 arena at about 5.30ish...i think it was an hour before the doors to the arena opened...and i got up the front by down the sides...though i wasnt on the barrier (i wanted room to jump around and go mental as well as have an entire view of the stage)...was pretty much about 5 or so metres from the barrier :)

It depends how many people are in the queue at that time. It shouldn't be packed but I'd expect there'd be a fair few.

All you need to do to get near the front is walk down the sides

Seriously, I don't get why more people don't use the sides. We essentially got as near to the front as it was possible (so close we spoke to Tom Kirk, yeeeeeeeah :cool:) at the O2 and we got there just before 8pm. :LOL: A similar thing happened at Placebo in the same arena a month later.

Seriously, I don't get why more people don't use the sides. We essentially got as near to the front as it was possible (so close we spoke to Tom Kirk, yeeeeeeeah :cool:) at the O2 and we got there just before 8pm. :LOL: A similar thing happened at Placebo in the same arena a month later.

same...i was pretty much up front and had a great view of the stage from where i was standing...and had a great view of matt when he come up to the side platform as well :)

I know exactly what you mean - when I was at the Paris gig the sides took ages to fill so much that I actually left the barrier to go to the toilets and when I came back to my spot there were still only 5 rows back on Chris' side but the middle went as far back as the sound desk :stunned:

I know exactly what you mean - when I was at the Paris gig the sides took ages to fill so much that I actually left the barrier to go to the toilets and when I came back to my spot there were still only 5 rows back on Chris' side but the middle went as far back as the sound desk :stunned:

People are so silly :LOL:

1. This all depends on the organisation of the security, there will only be more than one entrance if it is stated on your ticket so this should give you an idea. Hopefully there will be two at once and let in at the same time but unfortunately this didn't happen in Dublin and a second queue formed at about 4pm so people in that queue got in first, so that was of course security's fault. It hopefully won't happen to you though and you'll still be considered a good spot.

2. Don't run, security will hunt you down and drag you away.

i checked and i couldnt find anything:/ but thank you for the advice..just really worried i wont be justified for claiming my spot for barrier....hopefully "Theres some justice in the world.. "

;)

Wow this thread was super helpful : ].

I have a question though. If you're on the barrier can you move around? Like are you able to dance and stuff or do you have to be glued to the rail for 4 hours?

I've never been to a show this big before :$.

Usually it's quite cramped, the most you can do is usually head bang and move your shoulders a bit :LOL: However I had a lot of room at Teignmouth and could dance/move about etc

I have a question though. If you're on the barrier can you move around? Like are you able to dance and stuff or do you have to be glued to the rail for 4 hours?

Every time I've had barrier I've been able to dance. This is off on the sides though, center front gets pretty cramped.

Hopefully there will be two at once and let in at the same time but unfortunately this didn't happen in Dublin and a second queue formed at about 4pm so people in that queue got in first, so that was of course security's fault

Yeah. :( That wasn't cool at all and I just knew that I had to swap my ticket from entrance 3 to entrace one. :indiff:

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. I think I'll try to be at the barrier but on the side. I don't necessarily expect room to dance, but I'd like to have my arms free at least some of the time.

i think the only things i could do was jump up and down! was stacks of fun though nevertheless :)