just got back.. wow for the set

the opening: stage lights up and Chris comes to the front with his white suit and his pipe and just...stands there. like doing nothing for awhile. smoking the pipe and blowing the smoke into the air looking like a boss.

the fireworks start and Dom and Matt get on stage..MK with fireworks was amazing

they all seemed really happy yesterday. Matt and Chris wouldn't stop smilling . Dom too but that's normal-he always has that huge smile on his face

I was at the barrier and i spoted Jason(the guitar tech) when the first band were playing. he was messing around with the gear and i saw the neck of one guitar. it has far away but it could only be the 7string. i started telling all my friends that they would play CE for sure and no one believed me :( i was 100% sure that it was that guitar

MORGAN:during SMBH(cabasa action!) i raised my sign and got smiles from the three of them. couldn't see Morgan's reaction but my friends told me that he looked actually surprised.

during MWH i saw Dom Anderson coming from the backstage(the stage had a little entrance in it in one side) and coming in my direction. he told me to hold the sign so he could take a picture :awesome:

another awesome thing that happened to me was that i chatted with Tom before the gig started and gave him my portuguese flag that had the muse logo printed on it. he said "i'll give it to Dominic, okay?". i gave a thing to Tom but didn't told who it was for, but Dom A then asked me when we came to me

they got on stage and Dom didn't have my flag. i thought Tom had forgot :( but then when they come for the encore Dom had it open and came to the Matt's mic(i was in front of it on the barrier), said some things to the crowd, and went to put it in the drumkit...and then CE. i melted

there were some massive 'Thank you's after CE

all the instruments sounded really really good! SS was incredible. that intro had me on the floor and the outro was incredible. Matt runned around like mad as always and seemed quite fascinated with his own shadow. he would go to the platforms on both sides of the stage to do some riffage and turn to the wall.

negative points: -no US

-when Matt came on stage I almost went blind! silver glitter suit+glitterati+flashy blue shades. ouch!

EDIT: Dom has new kit to play UD. looks like trash cans in Christmas :awesome: just cylinders with stripes of lights all the way to the ground that change colours.

MORGAN: i talked to Dom on the phone on wednesday and told him to tell Morgan to look for me because i wanted to show him some love :eyebrows::awesome:

during SMBH(cabasa action!) i raised my sign and got smiles from the three of them. couldn't see Morgan's reaction but my friends told me that he looked actually surprised.

during MWH i saw Dom Anderson coming from the backstage(the stage had a little entrance in it in one side) and coming in my direction. he told me to hold the sign so he could take a picture :awesome:

I have to say ! That sign you made for Morgan was amazing ! it was brilliant ! Nobody ever shows him love <3 You did an amazing job ! hands down ;)

Is that.. *gasp* a granny coat suit?!? :pope:

:chuckle: That was my first thought when I just saw it. Is he wearing his granny coat on stage?! Then I realised that it's a suit.

Aww he must just like that kind of dappled look. He loved his granny coat, was on a interview stroking it.:happy:

This suit looks like it might be shiny though.:D

yeah. i thought it was this one:

[spoiler=]3178a90a7136.jpg

but if closer, it's not:

[spoiler=]3d26a1da1ef7.jpg

Does it have a name yet? It should be the tinfoil suit. Looks like it's little stripes of tinfoil O_o. Matt's craziness knows no bounds. A proper suit-shaped chicken suit that got a hair cut. Would be something for Christmas, too. Stick some branches in here and there (What? No, not there.) and it looks like a Christmas tree.

I want a clear pic of Chris in his white suit.

the opening: stage lights up and Chris comes to the front with his white suit and his pipe and just...stands there. like doing nothing for awhile. smoking the pipe and blowing the smoke into the air looking like a boss.

the fireworks start and Dom and Matt get on stage..MK with fireworks was amazing

they all seemed really happy yesterday. Matt and Chris wouldn't stop smilling . Dom too but that's normal-he always has that huge smile on his face

I was at the barrier and i spoted Jason(the guitar tech) when the first band were playing. he was messing around with the gear and i saw the neck of one guitar. it has far away but it could only be the 7string. i started telling all my friends that they would play CE for sure and no one believed me :( i was 100% sure that it was that guitar

MORGAN: i talked to Dom on the phone on wednesday and told him to tell Morgan to look for me because i wanted to show him some love :eyebrows::awesome:

during SMBH(cabasa action!) i raised my sign and got smiles from the three of them. couldn't see Morgan's reaction but my friends told me that he looked actually surprised.

another awesome thing that happened to me was that i chatted with Tom before the gig started and gave him my portuguese flag that had the muse logo printed on it. he said "i'll give it to Dominic, okay?". i gave a thing to Tom but didn't told who it was for, but Dom A then asked me when we came to me

they got on stage and Dom didn't have my flag. i thought Tom had forgot :( but then when they come for the encore Dom had it open and came to the Matt's mic(i was in front of it on the barrier), said some things to the crowd, and went to put it in the drumkit...and then CE. i melted

there were some massive 'Thank you's after CE

all the instruments sounded really really good! SS was incredible. that intro had me on the floor and the outro was incredible. Matt runned around like mad as always and seemed quite fascinated with his own shadow. he would go to the platforms on both sides of the stage to do some riffage and turn to the wall.

negative points: -no US

-when Matt came on stage I almost went blind! silver glitter suit+glitterati+flashy blue shades. ouch!

How do you know the techs names?? And how'd you talk to Dom? And Tom?? I'm so jealous of you :supersad:

God this show looked amazing... guitar smashing+CE+new stage+light up drums+ set list rotation+ double neck guitar+ fireworks+MK= EPIC WIN

EU FUI!!!

What a show, I really enjoyed it. Only 15 songs but they were all good songs (no guiding light,feeling good...). Intro was soooo epic, Chris smoking his pipe and the fireworks and BOOM MK Ultra! They also played CE!! Snow Patrol also bossed (even though crowd sucked) and I thought Muse had competition but...no one can beat Muse

So basically Muse were right not playing CE before. Sounds like the crowd didn't know it and even though they played it you guys complain about it sounding a bit boring? To be fair there are some mistakes and it sounds a bit rusty but at least they're trying!

hmm CE sounded a bit flat to me, didnt really have any beef to it...

It sounded a little muddy but could be down to the sound quality of the video. It's rare for a youtube amateur video to capture the sound properly I think. Saying that it conveyed the emotionality of CE I think as it progressed, though, controversially I enjoyed listening to NSC more I think.:chuckle:

Maybe I'm just not so much one for the darker songs anymore. Though may feel differently at hearing it live.

EDIT: Dom has new kit to play UD. looks like trash cans in Christmas :awesome: just cylinders with stripes of lights all the way to the ground that change colours.

Loved all your details. Great story and kudos for your sign and flag getting the love.

It must take a ton of dedication to get barrier among 85000 people! Sounded like you got one of the best of the best gigs to experience in front row!

So basically Muse were right not playing CE before. Sounds like the crowd didn't know it and even though they played it you guys complain about it sounding a bit boring? To be fair there are some mistakes and it sounds a bit rusty but at least they're trying!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I always think the best performances come from the musicians connecting with the music, a quality that has to come from inside of the musicians themselves, it's not just about playing notes, which is why I don't think it's quite as straightforward as them just playing requests.

THANKS JOANA FOR WRITING! :D when did you do that? When we arrived at Mariana's house? Anyway I crashed in my bed as soon as we arrived 'home'...

MY TURN:

OK, Tom Kirk promised to us on Wednesday that he would come to barriers for us, and he did! We love you Tom! He was really stressed out, of course. He got a flag with stuff written on it and Joana's flag with muse! :D I forgot to give him something I scribbled but yeah :(

So we were moaning a lot because muse were late.... now we know why: FIREWORKS!

We see Chris entering the stage, alone, with a smirk on his face, smoking pipe and in a white suite! :eek: he totally looked like a wolstenbeast! EPIC! :pope: then fireworks above him and Mk ultra! God that was fucking amazing.

Also, you're always saying you've never seen Chris so happy and smiling a lot during a gig like in HAARP? Well, he smiled and laughed even more in this gig.... wow. WOW. All of them were SO happy! (yey Dom wasn't tired/sleepy anymore!) Chris even laughed/smiled while head banging! What a beast!

Everything was SO SO incredible! So many epic riffs during songs! And Stockholm Syndrome........ :eek: the intro, the outro, everything.... BACK TO 2004! Oh, he smashed the Glitterati into Dom's drumkit after it, I freaked out, but when I saw the guitar was ok I said to myself "epic".

Why hello there Morgan, your movements during cabasa play in SMBH were sexy! And Matt's sexy play during it ahahah! We raised Joana's sign and screamed MORGAN a lot of times and Chris and Matt looked at each others and cracked up laughing! Morgan was with a "wtf?" face! :chuckle:

Sound was so powerful! NSC was actually really cool live! We had a cheesy choreography to do, but we were so tight that it was impossible to do it.. I did some parts of it though!

Encore...Dom had Joana's flag!!! :D whooop! And as soon as I saw Matt picking the 7 string manson..I cried. What we saw during the day was indeed that manson.....

OLLY, NIALL -CE was EPIC! Amazing! So shut up. The piano outro so amazing....

UD laser were beautiful! When the chorus started, there were some colorful lasers RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, and with the smoke effect, looked like they were 3D and you could touch them! Magical!

Right before MWAH we started calling for Morgan again, then Dom Anderson come to us to take a picture to the sign! Whooop! Morgan love!

Everything was.... there are no words. Sure, setlist could have been a little longer, there was no US, Bliss, New Born... but I dont care. It was...amazing. Best gig of my live! I basically have no voice.

God.. you have no idea... how..amazing it was.

ps: After it we tried to ask the crew staff to call Anderson again, they didn't do it, but there was a really nice crew memebr that told uis he and kirk weren't there no more but I GAVE HIM the scribble for Muse/Kirk! He put in his pocket while smiling :D such a nice lad!

yeah. i thought it was this one:

[spoiler=]3178a90a7136.jpg

but if closer, it's not:

[spoiler=]3d26a1da1ef7.jpg

Is that.. *gasp* a granny coat suit?!? :pope:

I want the tinsel chicken get-up back (why isn't there a decent shot of it or a video, from some Scandinavian gig?)

If Matt wants glitter he may be ready for that ulitmate glitter fest again. He did win NME worst dressed and he should live up to his award. Adorably of course.

Archived