map of the problematique

dwydav

• 4 weeks later...
I found the official tab book yesterday and it says that it's a step-flange effect; which I actually doubt...It does sound more like a whammy to be honest.

To nail it, yes a three-way pitchshifting setup is needed but to get in the ballpark, anything that changes the harmonic content in steps will do...

would it be possible to do this with a boss me-50, digitech whammy and a delay?

or would it be easier buying a seek wah?

seek wah = wrong effect entirely

itd be fine with the whammy, as long as it is one with midi

the boss me-50 and delay wont really help much

• 2 weeks later...
just a whammy really, or are you taking the piss?? never sure with you :p

well if its octave up, and octave down, with delay, you use the me50's pitch shift, and internal delay for one, and the normal delay and the whammy with the other.

so one does a sweep a few ms after the other, and they work on different timescales.

fuck i need more money to dick around with shit like this.

• 3 months later...
Guest Bennett

i can't be bothered reading up 30+ pages.

GT-8.

is the midi=>usb option the best?

mmm......i have a feeling that this quest will never end.

Guest Bennett
too much drive or just a shite mic on that one...

but yeh, that guy has only programmed one pattern which repeats, if you listen carefully theres about 3 or 4 different patterns, it took me ages to draw them all in. :LOL:

can't you just save the pattern as a file and send it?

(i have no idea - don't have a program like that)

Guest Bennett
what, for him to just pack up and send something he spend days and days on for nothing?

thats not really fair, is it? if you really want the effect, work it out for yourself

wow, what a lovely person you are!

asshole.

bit harsh. the MOTP midi commanding I've got I got of a friend that spent time on it but he was happy enough to send it. only problem is it's for Logic Express on Mac. but i do want to try to make or get one for cubase. might have a go at it myself.

bit harsh. the MOTP midi commanding I've got I got of a friend that spent time on it but he was happy enough to send it. only problem is it's for Logic Express on Mac. but i do want to try to make or get one for cubase. might have a go at it myself.

Isn't there a Logic Express for windows? I could have swore I saw one the other day :rolleyes:

guys... midi is midi, unless im very mistaken: if one person makes the midi file on anything, it will work on anything, as its non format specific, its just midi.... any everything talks midi :p

what wont work is if you try and send the whole project file from a daw instead of just exporting the midi data.

wow, what a lovely person you are!

asshole.

hes right in a way, as with that song i dont consider it as if you have skill to play it, (its very easy to play).... the skill is in the programming, in a similar way to lots of electronic music.