map of the problematique

dwydav

Lolololololololololol just for you Sam :p

YOURE BRITISH?! OMG YOURE SUCH A FAGGIT, YOU JERK OFF. OH NO MUM BUT I WANT TO INSULT THESE LOSER ENGLISH NOOBS BEFORE BEDTIME.

OH NO DONT DO THAT AW MUM DONT TUR----

1337AmEriCAFTWFAGGIT has left the game.

Hahahaha :D Was there actually a guy who got pulled off by his mum that night? I could of sworn there was! Haha that guy I kicked sent a message back saying "Fuck you" After I sent him the "Dude its ok to be gay just keep your flacid dick away from me" :LOL: such a good comeback he comes up with :rolleyes:

Hey guys,

I am a new member on the forums and thought I might contribute something to the thread.... I had always wondered how Matt got that weird effect for MOTP and kept thinking to myself what it was. Recently I saw Muse perform live where I stay in Dubai Desert Rock Festival (March 8th) and saw that he just plays powerchords and no particular rhythm so I was like "then it has to be an effect!!" so I started tinkering in Guitar Rig 3 for days until I finally hit the jackpot (or at least thats what I think) and recorded a 1min sample of what I had accomplished (with the piano, choir, bass, drums included) for you all to judge... be nice.. lol!!

Now anyways onto the technical part of the patch.... I gathered info on many forums, including this one, and finally decided that the effect that sounded close to what is played was two whammy pedals with one at a +1 octave preset and the other with a -1 octave preset with a sequencial filter (called the analog sequencer) for both at a 1/16 res at 125BPM and 4ms slide (the rhythm was really hard to figure out but finally got it) and a Lead 800 combo set on the Heavy 800 preset... that is really all the effects I used. I eventually figured out that there are three rhythms being played at different intervals and created three sound patches and switched through each with my keyboard as I don't have a footswitch to switch with thus the delay in switching, even if its slight....

Anyways,

Link for the sample: http://www.sendmefile.com/00616172

I will try to see if I can upload the GR3 Patch.... can someone tell me where I can upload it to??? PM me please!

Hope you like it and enjoy!!!!

Take Care

Hey guys,

I am a new member on the forums and thought I might contribute something to the thread.... I had always wondered how Matt got that weird effect for MOTP and kept thinking to myself what it was. Recently I saw Muse perform live where I stay in Dubai Desert Rock Festival (March 8th) and saw that he just plays powerchords and no particular rhythm so I was like "then it has to be an effect!!" so I started tinkering in Guitar Rig 3 for days until I finally hit the jackpot (or at least thats what I think) and recorded a 1min sample of what I had accomplished (with the piano, choir, bass, drums included) for you all to judge... be nice.. lol!!

Now anyways onto the technical part of the patch.... I gathered info on many forums, including this one, and finally decided that the effect that sounded close to what is played was two whammy pedals with one at a +1 octave preset and the other with a -1 octave preset with a sequencial filter (called the analog sequencer) for both at a 1/16 res at 125BPM and 4ms slide (the rhythm was really hard to figure out but finally got it) and a Lead 800 combo set on the Heavy 800 preset... that is really all the effects I used. I eventually figured out that there are three rhythms being played at different intervals and created three sound patches and switched through each with my keyboard as I don't have a footswitch to switch with thus the delay in switching, even if its slight....

Anyways,

I will try to see if I can upload the GR3 Patch.... can someone tell me where I can upload it to??? PM me please!

Take Care

yup this seems to be the general consensus on how to achieve the effect if you dont have the synthesiser/sequencer ability that matt uses (i believe that he uses a synth to process the guitar).

Guest bshuker
Hahahaha :D Was there actually a guy who got pulled off by his mum that night? I could of sworn there was! Haha that guy I kicked sent a message back saying "Fuck you" After I sent him the "Dude its ok to be gay just keep your flacid dick away from me" :LOL: such a good comeback he comes up with :rolleyes:

I only just realised you said this, lololololololol I remember all that, poor poor fucking guy hahahaa yeah i think someone did get chucked off there, that or they were a sore loser. ;)

Hey guys,

Anyways,

Take Care

thats good work mate! sounds prety close to the real thing! hat off

can i run my guitar to guitar rig to get this effect but still use my amp for the distortion ?

I guess that is possible, if you would like to get a different distortion. All you got to do is bypass the amp model and matched cabinet model in guitar rig 3 and run your output to your amp's input.

See how that works out for ya ;)

Guest bshuker

I don't care about this pedal, but I'm going to watch the video because Jonny DeMarco is a fucking legend lololol

sounds like a step sequencer, more specifically a step filter.. with the cutoff being modulated.

you maybe could get something sorta that sounded like motp to the untrained ear but you cant program the thing custom can you?

the thing about djs at the end made me lol... it sounds so bad and its not even on the beat. :LOL:

• 4 weeks later...

can anybody help me with the layout of the bars fot the whammy shifts ? i have had a look and cant seem to find them in any of the other posts

i will pay sombody £30 by paypal if they can help me get this working lol i have me whammy cubase and me midi stuff

can anybody help me with the layout of the bars fot the whammy shifts ? i have had a look and cant seem to find them in any of the other posts

i will pay sombody £30 by paypal if they can help me get this working lol i have me whammy cubase and me midi stuff

I'd help if it was logic, Chris should be able to sort you with cubase no problem.

thats a mac program int it ?

what are you having problems with? i can help if you're using cubase on either platform.. have you read my tutorial here?

http://69.16.237.208/showthread.php?t=31760&page=34

if its the actual shapes of the sequence you need to know i can also help you out with them

I've got it on mac. I think you can get it for PC too though.

there is a version of logic avaliable for the pc, but its very old because that was back before apple bought emagic... so its a piece of software from 2002 or earlier :p so i think its logic 5 maximum

what are you having problems with? i can help if you're using cubase on either platform.. have you read my tutorial here?

http://69.16.237.208/showthread.php?t=31760&page=34

if its the actual shapes of the sequence you need to know i can also help you out with them

there is a version of logic avaliable for the pc, but its very old because that was back before apple bought emagic... so its a piece of software from 2002 or earlier :p so i think its logic 5 maximum

yeah its the shapes i can get me whammy to shift but it dont sound right i could do with a file making up for cubase !

yeah its the shapes i can get me whammy to shift but it dont sound right i could do with a file making up for cubase !

i can send you a project file depending on what version you are running.. it has all the midi pattern changes synced correctly to the song. theres something in the verse, not sure exactly about that, but its editable. currently set up for a pod XTL, are you hoping to use it on a digitech whammy?

youll have to change the midi and audio outputs though, and it will come up with audio missing and stuff when you open it.

i can send you a project file depending on what version you are running.. it has all the midi pattern changes synced correctly to the song. theres something in the verse, not sure exactly about that, but its editable. currently set up for a pod XTL, are you hoping to use it on a digitech whammy?

youll have to change the midi and audio outputs though, and it will come up with audio missing and stuff when you open it.

i am using a whammy yeah and im using cubase sx 1.01 i think

if you can check the compatibility between cubase sx 1 and cubase sx 3 i might be able to send it round, look in the manual to see whether its supported or online at steinberg? i havent used sx1.

if not, i can send you a MIDI file, but it wont be so helpful because the CC numbers will be all wrong.. unless you can copy from one CC to another

thirdly, i can just show you how the pattern goes and you draw it in?