map of the problematique

dwydav

hey i was wondering does anyone have the tab of maggies farm the way matt plays it at the end of map of the problematique. The way he played it on abbey road was spectacular

same as RATM, cept the fill morello does is replaced with harmonics and stuff, just piss around, no point playing it exact, first of all, i doubt matt bellamy had a plan at the time and second of all, playing it exactly as matt did would be out of spirit of what he is doing and out of spirit of alot of riffs muse do between songs, why people need exact tabs is beyond me.....do people really have no imagination? no creativity? so blind they can't see tell what matt is doing with his guitar?

and it't not drop c, standard, ratm have never played in drop c, just standard and drop d and occasionally Eb.

I meant Matt plays it drop C but apart from that it's the same as Rage do. The stresses of writing english coursework seem to be preventing me from writing properly...bugger!

no, muse play in standard, not in drop c, it's exactly the same, infact, ratm's version sounds heavier.

map of the problematique is in drop c, so he's not going to tune it back up to standard for the riff at the end is he?

at what point has motp ever been in drop c?

that riff is in E, listen to the RATM one, sounds exactly the same, and maggie's farm is in E, motp is in E, i have no idea where this drop c thing came from?

at what point has motp ever been in drop c?

that riff is in E, listen to the RATM one, sounds exactly the same, and maggie's farm is in E, motp is in E, i have no idea where this drop c thing came from?

well you agree that the first chord (the one he strikes 4 times) is C, yes? and then he goes onto the top string to kick off the chord sequence and starts with an open string? well how the hell is he going to play a low C on a string tuned to E?

you can even watch the abbey road footage and see him detune the guitar after starlight

well you agree that the first chord (the one he strikes 4 times) is C, yes? and then he goes onto the top string to kick off the chord sequence and starts with an open string? well how the hell is he going to play a low C on a string tuned to E?

what low C?

please remember, there's a fucking pitchshifter playing a -1octave when he strikes the chord in the first place :rolleyes:

unless of course that -1octave is playing a note lower than a standard tuned bass.....into a guitar amp, with guitar speakers..my amp (which is a bass amp) can barely handle a blue box playing a D into it.

The pitchshifter's only on the intro though isn't it? So he would play a C power chord there and then he changes to some stuff just on the bottom string when all the synths kick in. Seriously, just try playing to the Maggie's Farm riff either by Rage or Muse in standard and it just doesn't work. They have to be in Drop-B or drop-C respectively.

what low C?

please remember, there's a fucking pitchshifter playing a -1octave when he strikes the chord in the first place :rolleyes:

unless of course that -1octave is playing a note lower than a standard tuned bass.....into a guitar amp, with guitar speakers..my amp (which is a bass amp) can barely handle a blue box playing a D into it.

ok a) he probably has better amps than you, b) the -1 octave is intermittent, not constant, and c) watch the video and you'll see him detune it.

or are you actually trying to argue that the first chord is E, not C?

ok a) he probably has better amps than you, b) the -1 octave is intermittent, not constant, and c) watch the video and you'll see him detune it.

or are you actually trying to argue that the first chord is E, not C?

it's Cminor and my amp isn't shit, infact matt has the same head in his rack, so that's quite a stupid point from you really. also the pitchshifting carries on for fucking ages, not just the intro.

also you are suggesting that they were filmed at the same time in order, so that's also a redundant point.

the -1 octave is intermittent, not constant

Yes, and if it was in drop-C, then it would sound it as though it is drop-C on a bass when it goes down 8vb, which it doesn't.

In fact, if it was in drop-C, then there would be very little need for the bass to even be there in the first place, because the guitar would be playing the bass' notes.

also you are suggesting that they were filmed at the same time in order, so that's also a redundant point.

are you suggesting that they filmed one song, fucked off for the night, came back, filmed another, fucked off, and then came back and filmed the last? what reason could they possibly have for NOT filming the songs together?

in any case I was wrong - you can see him detuning the guitar at the start of the motp footage. also, proving your point about possibly not recording the songs in order, at the start of the knights footage he still has the m1d1 and he plays a C octave with the 5th string 3rd fret and the 6th string open. you still want to tell me that's an E?

though, thinking about it, it may not be pitchshifting, what could be happening is that matt is playing the notes, the synth involved could be appregiating between them, rather than pitchshifting.....if that makes any sense.

the places where there is no pitchsifting, i can't really hear the guitar at all, never really have done, could be playing anything.

though, thinking about it, it may not be pitchshifting, what could be happening is that matt is playing the notes, the synth involved could be appregiating between them, rather than pitchshifting.....if that makes any sense.

well yeah that's basically what it does, but when they play it live you can often hear the dry notes underneath the synth

but does it really matter? it's not even a muse riff and it works perfectly fine in E and might do in C.

and as far as i'm aware, it's possible to play motp in standard.

If anything it's easier to play motp in standard but the guy wanted to know how Matt plays the riff at the end and as that was his question yes it does matter. I answered him (as did you) and then all this tuning nonsense started :)

EDIT:

bells in C morello in B :yesey:

Thankyou, that's what I've been saying!