map of the problematique

dwydav

works for me, but thats not the pattern for the entire song :p

It's the rhythm pattern for the whole song. there's the lead pattern over the top playing octaves in the verse I believe, but I think live it just plays through with the basic one all the way doesn't he?

the midi pattern should be ok with that version to mine the cc seems to be the same 11

okay ill try exporting it to see if itll do the whole lot without any notes...

It's the rhythm pattern for the whole song. there's the lead pattern over the top playing octaves in the verse I believe, but I think live it just plays through with the basic one all the way doesn't he?

nope ;) it changes every now and again, its hard to hear but it doesnt sound right if you play that pattern all the way through.

2 points to doog. :LOL:

did you say that your whammy uses midi CC 11? because my project is modulating on CC1.. but i can change it for you if its CC 11... should be easy. just tried exporting it and it works fine.

its going to take me about 20 minutes to draw back in the 0 level CCs though, as they arent stored when you copy

]

edit: no it wont, i iz cleva.

2 points to doog. :LOL:

did you say that your whammy uses midi CC 11? because my project is modulating on CC1.. but i can change it for you if its CC 11... should be easy. just tried exporting it and it works fine.

you have to to put to expression dont you ?

you have to to put to expression dont you ?

no mine on my pod xtlive is set to modulation. but heres a midi track with the same thing on both expression and modulation, delete the one you dont want, plug in and enjoy, should sort you out..

if you use it or send it around id appreciate it if you would give me some kind of reference or whatever you call it :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FK9GWU4J

as in CGCFAD

dunno man, ill just go work it out..

C, D sharp, G sharp, F is what i got, for the main riffy type intro bit

edit: i see what you're saying.. thats a chord.. try whatever your whammy will track.. mine breaks if i try play chords so im stuck to single notes.. try playing what notes i put up there ^ as power chords... though you might be better off looking on a tab site of the actual chords if you want to know how it goes.. it seems i worked out the effect but not the song :p

is the midi working?

nah, as i said yesterday when i sent the file, the pods tracking isnt as good as the whammy 4. neither has great tracking, but the whammy 4 has better. to get it to sound the same you need to be using the same stuff as him, thats a modular synth :p

this is really a close sounding replica, but you do need the right settings on the whammy

Matt Bellamy uses I think the Nord Modular G2 Engine Rack for the recording and the Muse Research Receptor (wonder why :rolleyes:) for live. Because the Muse recearch receptor is bundled with Guitar Rig 3 and you can get a perfect MOTP patch on there. You can then transfer it over to the Receptor and it'll work straight off it. I would get one and try it but I don't have a spare $2900 lying around that I know of. ;)

tried doing the motp effect with a step filter... im not sure if i think its a better way to do it or not, but on the plus side you can easily play chords with it now as theres no tracking problems :) used the step filter in cubase 4 and another dual filter.

any thoughts about whether its closer than the

?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RUCYO9P1

sounds much better - any chance of the filter file? or a pic of teh sequence?

Matt Bellamy uses I think the Nord Modular G2 Engine Rack for the recording and the Muse Research Receptor (wonder why :rolleyes:) for live. Because the Muse recearch receptor is bundled with Guitar Rig 3 and you can get a perfect MOTP patch on there. You can then transfer it over to the Receptor and it'll work straight off it. I would get one and try it but I don't have a spare $2900 lying around that I know of. ;)

yeh i know what he uses, but im trying to look for something that can get reasonably close with some gear a fair few people have :LOL:

ive not heard of the muse research receptor though, care to explain? .. looked it up.. an interface for NI plugs? sounds like a good idea.. edit: looked properly now.. looks amazing. want.

sounds much better - any chance of the filter file? or a pic of teh sequence?

i could send you the project file, but unless you have cubase 4 it wont open... ill edit this post with a pic

edit:

screeniepk7.jpg

yeh i know what he uses, but im trying to look for something that can get reasonably close with some gear a fair few people have :LOL:

ive not heard of the muse research receptor though, care to explain? .. looked it up.. an interface for NI plugs? sounds like a good idea.. edit: looked properly now.. looks amazing. want.

i could send you the project file, but unless you have cubase 4 it wont open... ill edit this post with a pic

edit:

screeniepk7.jpg

Get Guitar Rig 3. There are many places where you can download an almost identical patch. I think that's what Matt does because the Receptor comes with Guitar Rig 3. Trust me it sounds good. It's pitch shifters going off at different times. One going an octave up and another going an octave down.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IPClkxSiIhI

Just ask the guy for it and he'll give it to you. Sounds awesome. You need to be able to plug your guitar into a computer.

Get Guitar Rig 3. There are many places where you can download an almost identical patch. I think that's what Matt does because the Receptor comes with Guitar Rig 3. Trust me it sounds good. It's pitch shifters going off at different times. One going an octave up and another going an octave down.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IPClkxSiIhI

Just ask the guy for it and he'll give it to you. Sounds awesome. You need to be able to plug your guitar into a computer.

i dont have guitar rig, and dunno if i can be bothered to get the demo, but yeh i have the motu to plug into the pc with :)

i made a patch for my pod xt live controlled via midi by cubase to do the same thing, the sound is pretty much identical to that... still doesnt sound like his live tone though, the live tone is far more organic sounding.. the only way i can describe it is 'woody'.. especially the lower pitches. know what im talking about?

my experimenting with the step filter sounds a little further off to me, yeh. maybe its a combination of a sequenced resonant filter and the sequenced whammy, i havent tried that yet and i imagine itd provide better tone shaping for the lower notes..