map of the problematique

dwydav

Well,if it cannot be done that way,could I maybe use RP1000 as foot controller for the Guitar Rig?

EDIT:I tried using RP1000 as Guitar Rig foot controller,and it sounds great for me,so anyone who has Digitech RP stuff with in-built whammy and Guitar Rig can play MOTP without any problems.

EDIT2:I also tried to use Line6 UX1 as MIDI interface,and it also worked,so now I think that every MIDI interface that can connect your PC,guitar and amp at the same time will do the job.

HOW i have a rp 1000

• 3 years later...

hello everybody,

one guy success the thing that we try to reproduce until 15 years...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLElXJPKNUg/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLEnBf-KWnG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Just wow.... i have a g2 at home but the guy don't want to share his patch. So i need your help for try to recreate this... anyone have a similar patch for the g2 ?

Edited by fabien251

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 6:37 PM, james90 said:

And I'm sure we'll be waiting another 15 years for him to upload the cover he was hyping up.

Trying something a bit different here... similar to how the original setup was described. No synths though.

Also, Bs blocked and deleted me on Facebook ages ago.

I don't blame him.

So hey, dont steal our personal chat would you. It's a very emotional song, not played live a lot after 2015 or so.

Edited by Meisver
forgot comment

7 minutes ago, james90 said:

For what release? I was referring to that guy who was hyping up his cover of MOTP but came up with a bunch of excuses and never posted it.

I only saw the cover and video by chance, and well OK, I will not ever give a response again on this topic. I feel very humiliated in public for nothing. Thank you.

• 3 months later...
On 9/2/2022 at 6:37 PM, james90 said:

And I'm sure we'll be waiting another 15 years for him to upload the cover he was hyping up.

Trying something a bit different here... similar to how the original setup was described. No synths though.

Also, Bs blocked and deleted me on Facebook ages ago.

I don't blame him.

What is your setup for that ? 

1 hour ago, fabien251 said:

What is your setup for that ? 

Guitar > MIDI controlled loop switcher > three amps

Loop switcher had a whammy (two different settings) and reverb pedal. Amps 1 and 3 receive the same signal and are EQ'd differently. Amp 2 doesn't have any effects besides distortion.

The most difficult part is isolating the reverb to the upper octave only. MIDI controlled reverb works best for that.

On 1/13/2023 at 2:10 PM, james90 said:

Guitar > MIDI controlled loop switcher > three amps

Loop switcher had a whammy (two different settings) and reverb pedal. Amps 1 and 3 receive the same signal and are EQ'd differently. Amp 2 doesn't have any effects besides distortion.

The most difficult part is isolating the reverb to the upper octave only. MIDI controlled reverb works best for that.

Nice its the same as rich explain in his interviews,

I use approximatly the same setup but I use some artifice with my g2 (I simulate some synth thing as Matt inside his G2 )

12 hours ago, fabien251 said:

Nice its the same as rich explain in his interviews,

I use approximatly the same setup but I use some artifice with my g2 (I simulate some synth thing as Matt inside his G2 )

Yeah, sort of - it's possible they used more than one setup in the original recording. There's a slightly newer interview (2007) where Matt mentions three amps being used on the album, rather than synths. Live version is the G2 though. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's been ages since I've logged onto this forum, but i just happened to pop up to check it out and some threads are still active!I actually recently took the time to try and make this a setting on my Zoia, which helps tremendously since I dont have to have a PC hooked up and other stuff to make the sound happen for MOTP. I'll be updating it later but till then....

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2023 at 9:20 PM, Stocking said:

It's been ages since I've logged onto this forum, but i just happened to pop up to check it out and some threads are still active!I actually recently took the time to try and make this a setting on my Zoia, which helps tremendously since I dont have to have a PC hooked up and other stuff to make the sound happen for MOTP. I'll be updating it later but till then....

So is this basically working as a standalone pitch shifter/sequencer?

I've been experimenting with this a bit more... seems like two signal paths are necessary. I don't think the live and original version have the same routing configuration though.

281234071_380526140698293_2260485775436396371_n.mp3