map of the problematique

dwydav

hey everyone, i'm just wondering how you actually connect a Whammy WH-4 to a PC? I have a Mi-Star midi cable and connect it to my PC and open Cubase SX, but there doesn't seem to be any activity regarding inputs.

Can anyone help? cheers!

did you read my walkthrough a few pages back?

u control the midi with cubase but the sound is going through your whammy. No midi needs to be sent back right?

if you know what CC to use, then all you need is an OUT from the PC to the IN in the whammy... however, if you dont know which CC and want to find out, you would need OUT from the whammy IN to the computer...

Yes indeed I did, I connected my Whammy to my PC with the cable and went onto cubase, made sure the transport bar was visible and rocked the treadle. But nothing happened...

Sorry I might have missed something :$

did you set the MIDI track to output to whatever midi out the whammy is connected to?

also make sure the midi channels match up, or all :)

u control the midi with cubase but the sound is going through your whammy. No midi needs to be sent back right?

midi does need to be sent from your pc to the whammy, and if you have connected midi that will send from whammy to pc, its easier to check which CC it uses. im guessing this guy might have connected out to out instead of in to out... it confuses me sometimes

try swapping the cable over mate :p

hey again. sorry for double posting, I must be really useless at this :p but my Whammy is not getting detected whatsoever by my computer, even when I swap around the cables and try both the in & out midi plugs.

I'm on Vista and am using Cubase SX 3.

I do get a little error as I start though

something about "audio input not connected, recording is not possible"

Thank you again.

hey again. sorry for double posting, I must be really useless at this :p but my Whammy is not getting detected whatsoever by my computer, even when I swap around the cables and try both the in & out midi plugs.

I'm on Vista and am using Cubase SX 3.

I do get a little error as I start though

something about "audio input not connected, recording is not possible"

Thank you again.

can only really help you with the software if its working as it should, it could be anything wrong with the pc.. but maybe try downloading new drivers for the usb/midi interface? connect it to another usb port? dunno man, could be loads of thing

hey lo, can sumone tell me how 2 get the map of the problematic sound on my fuzz factory?

thx.

Nah, but seriously, what has everyone used to emulate this effect? (long thread, don't really want to read through it) Just curious really.

I do like Phill's attempt with the whammy :)

hey lo, can sumone tell me how 2 get the map of the problematic sound on my fuzz factory?

thx.

Nah, but seriously, what has everyone used to emulate this effect? (long thread, don't really want to read through it) Just curious really.

I do like Phill's attempt with the whammy :)

what i did to emulate the sound can be heard on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obIUY9RxiWg

the method is halfway down this page.

• 1 month later...

hey has anyone made a cubase file for the effect? if so, can someone please upload it?

phill told me to download cubase. it's going to take a long time because ill have to fine a torrent and shit.

thanks.

Guest bshuker

Lolololololololololol just for you Sam :p

YOURE BRITISH?! OMG YOURE SUCH A FAGGIT, YOU JERK OFF. OH NO MUM BUT I WANT TO INSULT THESE LOSER ENGLISH NOOBS BEFORE BEDTIME.

OH NO DONT DO THAT AW MUM DONT TUR----

1337AmEriCAFTWFAGGIT has left the game.