I would have preferred if they had done their second Glastonbury appearance during the BH&R tour. I mean, look at the songs that wouldn't be in the set

Uprising

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires

USoE

Guiding Light

Now look at what could have been in the set in their place.

Take a Bow

Assassin

Invincible

Hoodoo

(B&H as a USoE replacement or something)

Then theres what they were playing at festivals at the time :)

Dead Star

Showbiz

Space Demetia

Bliss

I'm really biased because BH&R is my favourite album :p But I liked the setlists from 3-4 years ago much better.

Not to mention rotating Satellite Dishes with lasers attached!

I've seen Muse 8 times now, I was at Glasto, it was epic.

As many people have said, it's a festival headline slot, they're playing to people who may not usually go see them, all bands play their hits at festivals.

Either way, I was there, it was epic, those who watched it on TV and are moaning about it weren't there, didn't feel the atmosphere, you were sat watching it on iPlayer.

If that's the case then either or all of Bliss, B&H, Sunburn, NSC should have been in there. Certainly not GL.

That was my 20th gig, the 1st being Reading 2002 which completely blew me away and was the gig that got me properly into Muse. Though this was not the worst I've seen (that'd be 12/11/09) It didn't give me goose bumps and make me think I really want to go back and listen to Muse now.

What I mean is that playing three orchestral tracks, one after the other, to a mixed audience, a lot not familiar with Muse, who looked up for jumping around, may have ended up with people in the audience distracted and killed the mood. Not that it would have done so for me. I think it's a beautiful piece and would to me have sounded immense with an orchestra.

That's not making excuses, it's just reflecting on what someone else said, and when I read it I thought they may have a point.

They managed to keep the attention of the audience back in 2004 playing Citizen Erased, Apocalypse Please, Ruled By Secrecy, Sunburn & Butterflies and Hurricanes all in a row which all have a, piano/classical/orchestral vibe to them and which are certainly not jumping around tunes.

SMBH, Starlight, KOC

;)

map too yeah?

but the other three :noey:

I think the problem is because they havent been doing their older stuff they've either forgotten how to play them or are too scared that they may cock up which is fair enough. They've done it to themselves by not adding them in here and there.

whores for crowd reaction and no longer willing to work for it...just bring on the hits and say "oooh lookey! we made people jump/clap/fistpump!" :awesome:

I wonder if cocking up Collateral Damage has led to the fear of screwing up Exo.

that was serious fail. not in that the cock up happend, but that the rider didn't get back on the fucking horse! :mad:

I wonder why he ditched the double neck on uprising, I liked the eerie slide intro.

i can guess it was ditched because instant gratification of getting the crowd worked on was needed.

artistry suffers again?

Just to note, the people saying that the Fan Polls are being ignored.

Citizen Erased was the top voted for Glasto... they played it. They did EXACTLY as they said, they played the top voted song.

And it was awesome.

The polls stated they would aim to play at least one from the top 5, not necessarily the top one. They have been lazy and stuck with CE and Bliss which they used to play on the black holes tour. They didnt even both to attempt any of the others that havent been played pre black holes. That said I was happy with CE only cause thats the least they could do...

The polls stated they would aim to play at least one from the top 5, not necessarily the top one. They have been lazy and stuck with CE and Bliss which they used to play on the black holes tour. They didnt even both to attempt any of the others that havent been played pre Black holes.

As soon as I saw the wording of the thing ("Aim to", in particular), I always knew they'd take the option which involved the least effort.

As soon as I saw the wording of the thing ("Aim to", in particular), I always knew they'd take the option which involved the least effort.

Yeah, pretty much.

I honestly believe that Muse don't know/have forgotten about their older fans. I've been a fan since Showbiz and can say that the Resistance tour is by far their worst tour.

Lazy? Overpaid? I don't know... but they might as well be Muse Ltd.

Guest Sarah-x
The polls stated they would aim to play at least one from the top 5, not necessarily the top one. They have been lazy and stuck with CE and Bliss which they used to play on the black holes tour. They didnt even both to attempt any of the others that havent been played pre black holes. That said I was happy with CE only cause thats the least they could do...

love these, never heard them live so personally would love them to play these (and hopefully assasin) at the two gigs im going to :D

CE at Glasto= :awesome:

+1

That's why I was disappointed to see CE and Bliss in the top 5 of pretty much every poll because that gave them the perfect excuse to pick those 2 and not worry about rehearsing anything else.

And if they are going by no.1 choice on the polls then I await Uno from Sziget Festival...

Bliss and Citizen Erased are 4 and 5 so they'll go with one of those. All of the polls have at least one of those two in the top 5 so that's all they will play, taking the safe option.

+1

That's why I was disappointed to see CE and Bliss in the top 5 of pretty much every poll because that gave them the perfect excuse to pick those 2 and not worry about rehearsing anything else.

It wouldn't have been as bad if it weren't coupled with "at least one". They do seem to be trying to do as little as they can concievably get away with.

+1

Well, that's the fan's error then. "We" basically gave them that on a silver platter.

And we still complain. :rolleyes:

Guest Sarah-x
Well, that's the fan's error then. "We" basically gave them that on a silver platter.

we're muse fans, we like to moan! :chuckle:

im nto that botherd about it, cos if i get annoyed at this then, i will at loads of other songs they dont play, im just thankful they're playing bliss + CE which probably would never again till now.

we're muse fans, we like to moan! :chuckle:

im nto that botherd about it, cos if i get annoyed at this then, i will at loads of other songs they dont play, im just thankful they're playing bliss + CE which probably would never again till now.

Don't me wrong - I like CE, I've not seen it and would like to. BUT, the fact that they haven't played anything else from the polls (and don't appear to have any intention of changing that) strikes me as a few things:

• Inherently lazy on their part - They seem happy to do as little as possible, and have had to be pushed to do that in the first place
  • Misleading - Probably not intentional, but with everything that's there, you'd think they'd have incorporated CE and Bliss into the set proper such is the demand, and THEN worked around it

They didn't have to take it though. They've actively seeked to do as little as possible

I'll give you that. I know that they're doing as little as possible, but they're also doing what they said they would... Just playing devil's advocate. I'm not really 100% happy with it either.

I really liked Gorillaz from the coverage and surprisingly liked the stuff from Plastic Beach best, but who was the guy doing the rap on Dirty Harry? I was looking forward to that song but the guy who did it pretty much just yelled the lyrics with no rhythm or change in pitch. :LOL:

I think it was Bootie Brown, who rapped on the original song. He also did Mos Def's part on Stylo I believe.

Guest Sarah-x
Don't me wrong - I like CE, I've not seen it and would like to. BUT, the fact that they haven't played anything else from the polls (and don't appear to have any intention of changing that) strikes me as a few things:

• Inherently lazy on their part - They seem happy to do as little as possible, and have had to be pushed to do that in the first place
  • Misleading - Probably not intentional, but with everything that's there, you'd think they'd have incorporated CE and Bliss into the set proper such is the demand, and THEN worked around it

they cant play all them, i understand why they would want to concentrate on only a few and not on some to only play once or twice. i just think there only human and they cant please everyone and never will. so i understand why people get anoyed.

No it's not, as Ross mentioned Muse/management were very clever with the wording, the "at least one" was the escape route not the way fans voted.

Archived