I've seen Muse 8 times now, I was at Glasto, it was epic.

As many people have said, it's a festival headline slot, they're playing to people who may not usually go see them, all bands play their hits at festivals.

Either way, I was there, it was epic, those who watched it on TV and are moaning about it weren't there, didn't feel the atmosphere, you were sat watching it on iPlayer.

See now you're assuming that the people moaning didnt go, cause they did.

This was their 2nd headline slot at the 40th anniversary, bar the edge it didnt seem any different than any other arena or festival gig, was too safe and for a band of their calibre and status I was expecting a bit more. Just look at what Gorillaz did...

Besides an Orchestra (admittedly..shame), what could they have done?

They can't bring their stadium setup to a fest.

They're not gonna play a set of fan faves for the few thousand of us who would love it.

They did a guest & TBH any more of them would've been rubbish, I wasn't a fan of the edge collaboration anyway (cos I dislike U2). Gorillaz are built upon guests, Muse are built upon epic songs.

really?

reads to me as dismissing negative opinion - not conventional defense, but defense nonetheless

It's true though (I mean about same people). From both "sides" actually:p.

Many people don't come to post on these threads anymore.

I'm still waiting more photos, reviews, videos .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cdNUXjeqFQ

For me Guiding Light had emotional edge on Saturday for so many reasons. Because of the occasion, the way Matt sang it, their faces as they performed it, the lyrical content of the song and the atmosphere, at least how it came over on TV. I think it was a good choice for that occasion and it just touched me.

I love Guiding Light, loved it at Glasto.

The entire gig the band (particularly Matt) seemed very happy, they looked to be really enjoying it.

Besides an Orchestra (admittedly..shame), what could they have done?

They can't bring their stadium setup to a fest.

They're not gonna play a set of fan faves for the few thousand of us who would love it.

They did a guest & TBH any more of them would've been rubbish, I wasn't a fan of the edge collaboration anyway (cos I dislike U2)

They've had two albums since last time. BHaR wasn't represented on the setlist aside from the tour staples. could have dropped FG for Hoodoo, Guiding light for Invincible and crammed Assassin in somewhere and kept the same kind of contrast in the setlist. The setlist just seems... boring, and I haven't seen another setlist bar this one

They've had two albums since last time. BHaR wasn't represented on the setlist aside from the tour staples. could have dropped FG for Hoodoo, Guiding light for Invincible and crammed Assassin in somewhere and kept the same kind of contrast in the setlist. The setlist just seems... boring, and I haven't seen another setlist bar this one

Your desire for them to drop GL for Invincible is just 'cause you clearly don't like it.

It's newer, you said it yourself, they've had 2 albums since last time that should be represented. GL did that. Brilliantly.

And FG is perfect for a festival, huge crowd singalong, all the casual/non fans will know enjoy it. Oldies love it. Perfect for a fest, and it was brilliant, as was House of the Rising Sun.

Read the thread - I've actually found the bulk of the negative comments from the people who actually attended the gig. I've also found very little criticism of the actual individual performances themselves, hence those watching on TV/youtube have been on the whole more positive.

Interestingly, this is the only forum where I've seen negative comments (from people who actually went).

so another gig today? How about move the moan to the today's gig? :awesome:

Sly, If you don't liked ok, if you liked ok, people are different, just accept this :rolleyes:

I think the performance was really really good and they seemed so happy!

I don't like GL that much but I thought that saturday's performance it was good :happy:

I've seen Muse 8 times now, I was at Glasto, it was epic.

As many people have said, it's a festival headline slot, they're playing to people who may not usually go see them, all bands play their hits at festivals.

Either way, I was there, it was epic, those who watched it on TV and are moaning about it weren't there, didn't feel the atmosphere, you were sat watching it on iPlayer.

I am glad for the people who enjoyed the gig.

I was there too at the barrier and I thought it was an average performance. I have seen better from Muse, that's all.

I miss the days when people shared pics/vids etc.. of the gig on this forum, not moaned about the setlist of every single thread.

Actually me and Olly have posted photos from the gig on here yesterday and it was pretty much impossible to take videos because the crowd was so rough at the front.

Your desire for them to drop GL for Invincible is just 'cause you clearly don't like it.

It's newer, you said it yourself, they've had 2 albums since last time that should be represented. GL did that. Brilliantly.

I actually don't mind it. I like it as much as I like invincible, maybe a touch less. if it was a case of dropping songs I don't like, I'd have said swap PiB out for Hyper Music or something, but I'm aware I'm probably in the minority there.

The fact of the matter is that aside from singles and the occasional appearance of Map, BH&R is pretty much forgotten, which is a shame, as it has some pretty underrated tracks on it. It's understandable (if not, in my eyes acceptable) to just be playing Singles from OoS and Abso (although not even acknowledging Showbiz is shameful), but BH&R should be represented a little more

The fact of the matter is that aside from singles and the occasional appearance of Map, BH&R is pretty much forgotten, which is a shame, as it has some pretty underrated tracks on it. It's understandable (if not, in my eyes acceptable) to just be playing Singles from OoS and Abso (although not even acknowledging Showbiz is shameful), but BH&R should be represented a little more

SMBH, Starlight, KOC

;)

Okay if you didn't like it then fine. I loved it, I thought they were great and I had a fantastic time.

I just wish they'd play some of their fantastic other material, for example, Ruled by Secrecy, Sunburn, Hoodoo, Showbiz etc. Just one of those sort of songs in a set would make me so happy. It's a great shame they don't play some of their best work.

Okay if you didn't like it then fine. I loved it, I thought they were great and I had a fantastic time.

I just wish they'd play some of their fantastic other material, for example, Ruled by Secrecy, Sunburn, Hoodoo, Showbiz etc. Just one of those sort of songs in a set would make me so happy. It's a great shame they don't play some of their best work.

Exactly.

It's not that hard to add one extra song.

Exactly.

It's not that hard to add one extra song.

Le sigh.

They could even just replace a song or two.

I don't think people would care too much if, for example, at Wembley, instead of playing the usual stadium setlist of about 23 songs, they played 21 or 22 and we got Showbiz or something like that.

I think the problem is because they havent been doing their older stuff they've either forgotten how to play them or are too scared that they may cock up which is fair enough. They've done it to themselves by not adding them in here and there.

I think the problem is because they havent been doing their older stuff they've either forgotten how to play them or are too scared that they may cock up which is fair enough. They've done it to themselves by not adding them in here and there.

Yeah. Matt has said he's scared to play the other Exogenesis parts because he thinks he'll make a monumental cock up of them. They should really go through a few songs they haven't played in ages and practice them, see how they turn out.

Yeah. Matt has said he's scared to play the other Exogenesis parts because he thinks he'll make a monumental cock up of them. They should really go through a few songs they haven't played in ages and practice them, see how they turn out.

Yeah I have a sneaky suspicion that the main reason why Exo and the orchestra didn't happen is because Matt is scared to play live the piano part from Cross-Pollination.

Well I thought so too. I also thought they wanted to make people happier with the setlists. Apparently not. It seems that Muse don't particularly care about the setlists. This is the thing that irritates me a bit, because they're such a great band, especially live, and they have an amazing back catalogue, yet they don't play most of it.

Archived