Anxyous

:yesey:

btw how do i quote more than one person?

See down the bottom of each post, next to 'quote', the quick reply pencil, all those lovely buttons? There's one with speech marks and a plus sign ("+), click them on all the posts you want to reply to, then click 'post reply' at the bottom of the page. That's yer multiquote. ;)

See down the bottom of each post, next to 'quote', the quick reply pencil, all those lovely buttons? There's one with speech marks and a plus sign ("+), click them on all the posts you want to reply to, then click 'post reply' at the bottom of the page. That's yer multiquote. ;)

ohhh thanks!

I would say all of those are screams not falsetto but it sounds good when it fits the song and it's spread out.:) Probably not quite so enjoyable all at once!:LOL:

Screams, not falsetto? Do you know what falsetto is? :p

(Does screams have to be in chest voice to be counted as screams?)

That's fair enough, but in my opinion there is a hell of a lot of feeling in I Belong To You. I'd actually argue that it's far more heartfelt than a song like Unintended - I don't expect everyone to agree with that though.

yeah but comparing it to unintended ain't fair lol, that was more a token love song i think.. now he's actually pwoper loved up :LOL:

and his voice IS amazing in IBTY and does show more feeling than most of the songs on TR just as far as muse songs go, not the most.

yeah but comparing it to unintended ain't fair lol, that was more a token love song i think.. now he's actually pwoper loved up :LOL:

and his voice IS amazing in IBTY and does show more feeling than most of the songs on TR just as far as muse songs go, not the most.

He may have been loved up in Unintended as well. How can we know its a "token love song". Apparently he had lots more. I think both songs are fantastic actually. Obviously the operatic style of some bits of IBTY gives it more scope for singing with passion but Unintended still comes over to me as heartfelt.

Eh?

Stupid comments gets stupid answers .

Joking here is so damn pointless, unless I say "OHMYGAAAWD I LOVE EVERYTHING BY MUSE EVEN IF IT REALLY SUCKS!!!", because that "joke" never gets old it seems.

Or maybe I just really suck at being funny.

Falsetto. as I understand it, is a technique used to sing higher than normal range and usually sounds weaker than normal singing. I think those powerful noises that Matt makes are natural to his range which is different. I don't think I made a stupid comment saying I think Matt sings falsetto in SMBH, it sounds like falsetto to me. But oh well, think what you like!:p

Falsetto. as I understand it, is a technique used to sing higher than normal range and usually sounds weaker than normal singing. I think those powerful noises that Matt makes are natural to his range which is different. I don't think I made a stupid comment saying I think Matt sings falsetto in SMBH, it sounds like falsetto to me. But oh well, think what you like!:p

Well, I was reffering to the comment that "all those are screams not falsetto", either like falsetto can't be screamed, or that screaming is a type of singing like head voice or falsetto.

And of course he sings falsetto in SMBH.

That's fair enough, but in my opinion there is a hell of a lot of feeling in I Belong To You. I'd actually argue that it's far more heartfelt than a song like Unintended - I don't expect everyone to agree with that though.

You've got at least one who agrees... There is a lot more emotions in IBTY than Unintended and I think that's the reason why it leaves me cold when I listen to it. The lyrics are beautiful but I just get nothing from it.

I would say all of those are screams not falsetto but it sounds good when it fits the song and it's spread out.:) Probably not quite so enjoyable all at once!:LOL:

No those are not screams... You can hear him sing in a very high pitch "bliss and joy in your mind" which qualifies as falsettos to me.

Falsetto. as I understand it, is a technique used to sing higher than normal range and usually sounds weaker than normal singing.

I wouldn't say it has to be weaker... And to be able to sing falsetto and sustain the pitch, etc, you'd really need to be doing it with a strong voice.* I think whenever Matt sings that high, it's just falsetto, rather than a scream, except when it's a really obvious "WAAAH" or whatever.

*but I'm no expert.

No those are not screams... You can hear him sing in a very high pitch "bliss and joy in your mind" which qualifies as falsettos to me.

Okay accepted, its not quite screaming, but he did make a very similar sound when Dom attacked him with a drumstick! :LOL:

Archived