What ya think?  

737 members have voted

1. 1. What ya think?

• Promising!
    • I'm scared :(
    • No opinion really
    • Wheres the cabasa?

I can't help but find it funny how misleading these track titles are.

Maybe Uprising will be like TiRO.

I hope so, I'd rather it sounded like TIRO than Starlight...but now I'm starting to think I shouldn't be reading all these song descriptions. I've been just forming opinions based on other opinions from various media sources :LOL: not good.

Don't forget people, this song is the OPENING song from The Resistance and is ~5m in length, expect some sort of build-up/finale. I can't see Muse changing the dynamic of their previous four albums here so I'd expect a song in the Sunburn, New Born, Apocalypse Please, Take A Bow kinda mould, probably most resembling what Take A Bow was on BH&R if the descriptions are anything to go by.

Don't forget people, this song is the OPENING song from The Resistance and is ~5m in length, expect some sort of build-up/finale. I can't see Muse changing the dynamic of their previous four albums here so I'd expect a song in the Sunburn, New Born, Apocalypse Please, Take A Bow kinda mould, probably most resembling what Take A Bow was on BH&R if the descriptions are anything to go by.

Seeing as its a single I imagine it would be fairly radio-friendly. But yeah if its the opening track its hardly going to be Starlight-Part II I hope

Indeed, I'm thinking it's going to have a Supermassive Black Hole-esque element to it.

I reckon it could have a Starlight-eque bassline (electronic and driving) but with Supermassive Black Hole funk guitar elements

Piano intro would probably be too much to ask for

Can we expect a download after the first play? Or are we going to have to live with just hearing it on radio until September 7th?

i bet someone's gonna record it.

3rd august :O where is it being played? zane lowe? :eek:

yes.

Can we expect a download after the first play? Or are we going to have to live with just hearing it on radio until September 7th?

I expect it will be on Youtube within an hour of airplay. But an official download? I doubt it. Maybe live streaming on muse.mu though? :erm:

I expect it will be on Youtube within an hour of airplay.

Exactly. Someone will rip a copy off the radio and put it round the internet. And even if they just put it to youtube, that's easily ripped too, so there'll be copies, even if lower quality than album.

Does anyone think this will hit number 1 in the UK? (I know we haven't heard it yet but it is Muse, and 2 of the biggest media sources, NME and Radio 1, will most defintely talk about it constantly from day one)

Singles chart? I doubt it very much to be honest.

Album chart almost certainly, even if the album itself isn't that good, they hype alone will do it

How come? Each leading single from the albums have got higher, and SBH got to 4... Though I guess it depends on how radio-friendly it is. Obviously USoE wouldn't do very well :p

I just don't think it will get to number one. It'll be Gaga or Perry or some X-Factor person

Muse will have the number one album.... but I believe they may have the numbere on album... Muse fans have grown phenomenomly, along with the addition of twitter getting involved, there are more opportunities for people to find out about the single.... if not, a very snug number 2 in the charts ^_^

Archived