What ya think?  

737 members have voted

1. 1. What ya think?

• Promising!
    • I'm scared :(
    • No opinion really
    • Wheres the cabasa?

Nope...

Last week Zane Lowe told us that he wasn't sure yet when he will play the first muse single.

Question: How do I post a video on this board? something like ?

[media] /yt], for YouTube videos.

Also, to see if I get it straight, 3f.m. 22:00-01:00 local time? I'm conveniently on vacation in Amsterdam on the 3rd :D

Great!!!

Starlight is my nr.1 song.. and now it seems that Uprising sounds like Starlight? and Resistance has got a starlight piano intro or something... just awesome!

I fail to see how a "heavy take on Goldfrapp" with Oi chanting in the background could possibly sound like Starlight. :wtf: I hope that tweet was wrong. I mean, I like Starlight and all, but I certainly don't want the whole album to sound like it.

I fail to see how a "heavy take on Goldfrapp" with Oi chanting in the background could possibly sound like Starlight. :wtf: I hope that tweet was wrong. I mean, I like Starlight and all, but I certainly don't want the whole album to sound like it.

@Eroshima Actually heard it on CD from the Warner Record Rep. Don't have a link sorry.

Convenient :rolleyes:

As if they've give the CD out to this no-mark :facepalm:

OK. I think this Starlight resemblance is crap. I mean look at the info we have so far

"a heavy-rock take on Goldfrapp. It has football-style chanting, with all of us going 'Oi!' in time with the snare drum. It's meant to be football hooligans chanting in protest at the banking situation" - perhaps this is the result of the Dom-in-a-field-with-a-snaredrum video - Matt’s voice is deeper than usual. On the lyrics side we stay on the same previous Muse themes: conspiracies, apocalypse… He announces a union, speaks about a victory. The music is heavy and busy with synth crescendos. The song structure is simple for once. Marilyn Manson-style electro-glam stomp."

The only thing in there that sounds Starlight-esque is the simple song structure.

And then there's some of the lyrics.

Paranoia is in control...

The fat cats should have a heart attack...

They push drugs to keep us all confined...

They don't control us...

That sure as hell doesn't sound like Starlight.

OK. I think this Starlight resemblance is crap. I mean look at the info we have so far

"a heavy-rock take on Goldfrapp. It has football-style chanting, with all of us going 'Oi!' in time with the snare drum. It's meant to be football hooligans chanting in protest at the banking situation" - perhaps this is the result of the Dom-in-a-field-with-a-snaredrum video - Matt’s voice is deeper than usual. On the lyrics side we stay on the same previous Muse themes: conspiracies, apocalypse… He announces a union, speaks about a victory. The music is heavy and busy with synth crescendos. The song structure is simple for once. Marilyn Manson-style electro-glam stomp."

The only thing in there that sounds Starlight-esque is the simple song structure.

And then there's some of the lyrics.

Paranoia is in control...

The fat cats should have a heart attack...

They push drugs to keep us all confined...

They don't control us...

That sure as hell doesn't sound like Starlight.

Agreed, I think that guy on Twitter was bullshitting.

Seems a bit dodgy, but why would they lie about that?

To get them to listen to their radio station, maybe... but I can think of better ways that won't result in thousands of Muse fans wanting to kill me if I'm worng.

Zane said the 8th, but too many are saying the 3rd... i don't want to miss either, so what is the correct date? i want it written in stone! :stunned:

Seems a bit dodgy, but why would they lie about that?

To get them to listen to their radio station, maybe... but I can think of better ways that won't result in thousands of Muse fans wanting to kill me if I'm worng.

Zane said the 8th, but too many are saying the 3rd... i don't want to miss either, so what is the correct date? i want it written in stone! :stunned:

None of the dates are reliable, Zane is on crack half the time and cant keep track of anything realistic and everyone else talks so much speculation/optimistic fantasy, you cant trust any source but Musewire and Muse News itself. I'm hoping 3rd is correct though, but I wouldnt be surprised if we didnt even see it on the 8th

Archived