There's an interview kicking around from Triple J with Chris and he actually gets asked if they will play Escape as there's been a lot of talk about it recently...

Chris says:

"Escape? Errrmmm, we haven't played that song for a long long time actually. It's a shame, that was one of my favourites from the first album. Erm, I'm not sure Matt liked it that much or he didn't enjoy singing it live I think it was one of those songs which was quite a strain. Erm, y'know right in the middle of the set and y'know there was a lot of songs like that around that time, singing songs like that and Cave and these vocals right at the top of his range and that was one that just kind of died away. But, you never know, every now and again an old song pops up again and we start playing it. We've been playing Cave a lot recently which is cool, so the first time in like 7 years."

Come on Chris, force it on Matt!!!

There's an interview kicking around from Triple J with Chris and he actually gets asked if they will play Escape as there's been a lot of talk about it recently...

Chris says:

"Escape? Errrmmm, we haven't played that song for a long long time actually. It's a shame, that was one of my favourites from the first album. Erm, I'm not sure Matt liked it that much or he didn't enjoy singing it live I think it was one of those songs which was quite a strain. Erm, y'know right in the middle of the set and y'know there was a lot of songs like that around that time, singing songs like that and Cave and these vocals right at the top of his range and that was one that just kind of died away. But, you never know, every now and again an old song pops up again and we start playing it. We've been playing Cave a lot recently which is cool, so the first time in like 7 years."

Haha the Triple J host who interviewed him, Rosie, is like besties with a few of us Aussie Musers and she asked us for questions and I actually sent in the one about Escape!:happy: (and the Live DVD one, sort of:)) Thought I'd just mention it to him again. :happy:

(woo Rosie also mentioned my name in that interview - I'm Amethyst - best radio host ever!:D)

Haha the Triple J host who interviewed him, Rosie, is like besties with a few of us Aussie Musers and she asked us for questions and I actually sent in the one about Escape!:happy: (and the Live DVD one, sort of:)) Thought I'd just mention it to him again. :happy:

(woo Rosie also mentioned my name in that interview - I'm Amethyst - best radio host ever!:D)

GOOD WORK! :D

Yeah because they've done so much of the tour now and the posts in the thread had slowed down so its been unsticked but fear not, I still am determind to make this happen!

I'm determined to help you make this happen!

I'll give them a US flag that says "Play Escape!" or something.

:awesome:

Why can't they just play it

Why are they such idiots

Don't play so much of Resistance

Matt's singing needs some assistance

Chris says that he's not to blame

Dom says nothing and that's such a shame

And it's driving me mad

And it's driving me mad

• 2 months later...
That's a great poll. Apart of Escape we should try to put B&H, CE, Bliss, Micro Cuts or Showbiz in the gigs.

Except not CE, B&H Bliss or Micro Cuts. These songs were played so much over the last decade. They are overplayed. More so than even Invincible or Starlight. Time for something new.

Except not CE, B&H Bliss or Micro Cuts. These songs were played so much over the last decade. They are overplayed. More so than even Invincible or Starlight. Time for something new.

Micro Cuts is hardly overplayed :p. I know it got a lot of play during the Abso tour, but they've only played it a couple of times since. I still haven't voted for it yet though cos a) I've seen it :awesome: and b) it's not as rare as other tracks that they haven't played in like a decade! Such as Escape! *gets voting*

• 3 weeks later...

Chris says:

D YOu know where I can find this interview? :D

• 2 months later...

Archived