Me neither. I think they're purposely editing it out or not showing the places where it would be played to avoid a fee or residual or something. Then when the Closing Ceremony comes around and Muse plays Survival, everybody here is gonna be like, "What? The Olympics had an official song?" I'm going to feel duped for them. That's how shit's gonna go down.

Must be, I just can't wait for everyone's reaction. It'll be epic.

I've been watching tons of the Olympics on TV, I've been to 2 events already (tennis and beach volleyball) and haven't heard Survival played once!!

Is it not liked by the BBC or the IOC? Didn't the IOC actually choose the song?

Confused!

I've been watching tons of the Olympics on TV, I've been to 2 events already (tennis and beach volleyball) and haven't heard Survival played once!!

Is it not liked by the BBC or the IOC? Didn't the IOC actually choose the song?

Confused!

did you arrive part way through those events? It's being played at the start of every one

Just heard Exogenesis Part 3 played on BBC1 during the Olympic tennis coverage. They did a segment on Andy Murray's journey from the Wimbledon final to the Olympic final. Got a bit teary-eyed with that music playing in the background! :LOL:

Go Murray! :D

In which moment, actually? I watched the whole ceremony and didn't hear it, just MoTP at the beginning and Uprising later.

During when all the nations were individually walking out, it was played over that it was hard to hear, but i assure you it was there!

During when all the nations were individually walking out, it was played over that it was hard to hear, but i assure you it was there!

Okay.. I'm going to listen back to it.. and it's long so you better tell me when aproximately it was being played...

Edit: No it wasn't played

Heard Survival at pretty much all venues on the BBC's 24 extra feeds. It's been a whole lotta fun, especially the first few times at the fencing venue and somewhere else I can't remember.....may have been table tennis, how once it finished 3 or 4 people started clapping each time. Died down a bit now, but the other day a father was having his baby dance in his arms to Survival. :p

Heard Survival at pretty much all venues on the BBC's 24 extra feeds. It's been a whole lotta fun, especially the first few times at the fencing venue and somewhere else I can't remember.....may have been table tennis, how once it finished 3 or 4 people started clapping each time. Died down a bit now, but the other day a father was having his baby dance in his arms to Survival. :p

That's adorable!

That's adorable!

It was indeed cuuuttee, though funny how the baby seemed he would have rathered just sleeping than having an early Muse mosh session. :LOL:

Oh and Eurosport seem to be using Survival more and more for their Olympics coverage too. Been using Prelude for their opening link on their London 2012 magazine show every night and also started using the opening verse of Survival for their 'Coming Up' schedule after the athletics this morning too. At least one broadcaster seems to be interested in the official track. :p

It was indeed cuuuttee, though funny how the baby seemed he would have rathered just sleeping than having an early Muse mosh session. :LOL:

Oh and Eurosport seem to be using Survival more and more for their Olympics coverage too. Been using Prelude for their opening link on their London 2012 magazine show every night and also started using the opening verse of Survival for their 'Coming Up' schedule after the athletics this morning too. At least one broadcaster seems to be interested in the official track. :p

Start young ;) we don't get Eurosport I don't think :( I will film it on Wednesday/Thursday and put it on twitter or something :happy:

As well as the usual Prelude opening for Eurosport's 'Together to London' pre-title sketch once again as mentioned earlier, they also used Butterflies & Hurricanes for their showjumping montage tonight. Just surprised they haven't used Hysteria yet on their WATTS bloopers clips like they normally do. Suppose that might be in the 'best of' Olympics show on Sunday night. :p